Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

phof.PDF (PDF preview)
    AD0FA2A0-5277-4A81-AF6B-A0661256A1AD (resized).jpeg
    20190222_125436 (resized).jpg
    AB472689-6F32-4749-9F2D-FEFE0519CC4B (resized).jpeg
    3394C44F-B484-4885-8BD7-F8D6C83AAC40 (resized).jpeg
    SharkHatBoy (resized).jpg
    59FCD96A-74FE-425E-8703-D74EADE0DDD0 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_214405 (resized).jpg
    PHOF_map (resized).jpg
    Tim PBHOF (resized).jpg
    20181012_112342 (resized).jpg
    20181012_112345 (resized).jpg
    noone01 (resized).jpg
    651-popeye-pinball-two (resized).jpg
    pinball01 (resized).jpg
    churchs01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 5 years ago

I’m excited to see this awesome progress, but tphf should consider some of the comments in this thread.

I was so excited when my wife took me there for my birthday, but we were both completely disappointed. Almost every classic machine I wanted to play and introduce my wife to was down or did not work properly. Several machines just took the money and that was the end of it. We ended up having to play the new sterns just to get rid of the quarters.

I know it’s a charity and the guy’s done well, but that doesn’t mean the place is beyond criticism. I’ve fixed a lot of machines, and when I was there, I thought, ‘give me a 40 hour week and I could have 90% of the broken machines running like tops.’ To me, they are not getting experienced techs volunteering. I witnessed a volunteer work on a machine and cringed. Tphof just needs to pay ONE lead tech and the problem will be fixed. The lead tech can train volunteers to perform preventative maintenance on the machines and services boards, flippers and other mechs. I’ve worked with volunteers in the past, and you just can’t get consistent performance out of a rotating inexperienced group. They would make MORE by having machines in good order, which means more donations.

I fear that tphf scares people away from pinball because broken machines just cause frustration. No one wants to just throw money away, and newbs don’t know that the game sucks because it’s broken.

I’ll give it another shot, but it was really bad when we went, far worse than I could have imagined. Can we set up a tech fund? I’ll donate to both.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Go and talk to TA about why he's anti social, and see how long you last standing, or even with your face attached to your head. No seriously, go and discuss why his games are 'all such in poor condition' and find out how quick you get the boot and door treatment, is special. Go and talk to TA if you can find him there during 12-6, and wonder why he is not there, because someone like you showed up to spend 15-30 mins of your VACATION while he is working on games, working on a deal to get games, trade games (rarely), sell games (up tick the past 4-5 years), and then ponder why you are talking to your self.
    Kids, seriously, these tricks aren't for kids, its for adults doing adult work. Apparently many here simply don't grasp what is involved in conceiving, then rallying folks, executing, repeatedly doing the same over and over and ALWAYS have monetary success. Again, these tricks aren't for kids you silly wabbits. Now go and donate some money, or STFU about how you don't like TA, or the PHoF, or how you 'THINK' that the SA is some scam (compared to what, the Red Cross, Scientology, your own brew of disbeliefs?).
    The topic is about a 1 MILLION dollar bridge loan that I'll hedge is a TA personal loan with interest of resonable amounts to the VPCC and will help them bridge to the new location which is apparently required since he didn't come up with a better plan. If anyone deserves it, talk to his wife about it. She's put up with the likes of hobbyists for 3+ decades now (88 to now), and you never really hear about the crap (literally and figuratively, the mystery scat writer on walls) she has and does put up with... Donate for her if you don't like TA. She's a real charmer as well, no really, seriously. Or go with the new captain fantastic that is head 'volunteer' of s[n]orts.
    The PHoF is a real gem show, not much top quality but there are plenty of shit shine items. So if you don't have thick skin, or a better plan, well then go and cut yourself up on a wish and prayer with the toppings of your disbelief system that won't or might by chance work. By chance or plan go out and do it better, and get off the keyboard. Then we'll see you in 2-3 years crying your exit excuses, if you even dare to start something.

A guy is successful at keeping a charity afloat, so he's beyond criticism, and those who dare to criticize are children? If you ask him questions he doesn't like he'll assault you or ask you to leave? Way to pump the guy up. I respect him almost as much as I do Trump.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-to-close?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.