Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

phof.PDF (PDF preview)
    AD0FA2A0-5277-4A81-AF6B-A0661256A1AD (resized).jpeg
    20190222_125436 (resized).jpg
    AB472689-6F32-4749-9F2D-FEFE0519CC4B (resized).jpeg
    3394C44F-B484-4885-8BD7-F8D6C83AAC40 (resized).jpeg
    SharkHatBoy (resized).jpg
    59FCD96A-74FE-425E-8703-D74EADE0DDD0 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_214405 (resized).jpg
    PHOF_map (resized).jpg
    Tim PBHOF (resized).jpg
    20181012_112342 (resized).jpg
    20181012_112345 (resized).jpg
    noone01 (resized).jpg
    651-popeye-pinball-two (resized).jpg
    pinball01 (resized).jpg
    churchs01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 5 years ago

I hesitate writing this post because I don’t want to criticize a worthy cause and a generous person, but here goes, in an effort of “constructive criticism”. Went to the PHOF for my first time a week ago and was disappointed. Probably won’t be returning. I was particularly interested in seeing and playing mostly EM’s. I had anticipated well maintained machines, true to their original style. What I found were games out of service, poorly maintained, or in some cases (OMG) EM’s with annoying LED’s. The first game I put a quarter in, the first ball, it got stuck behind the rebound rubber because the game was listing so badly to the left. I thought I was going to tilt the game just to get my ball to unstick. It didn’t tilt, but the remaining balls rolled so badly to the left. Yuk. Then I put a quarter in another game and I didn’t get a play nor did my quarter reject when I pressed (repeatedly) the reject button. Frustration...the reason they put slam switches on the coin door. Then there were EM’s that had bright white (I think technically they’re called “Cool White”) LED’s. Definitely not the look of an EM. To make it worse, they strobed when the ball passed by. I suppose the LED’s were done to reduce operating costs. OK, but at least use Warm White rectified bulbs that are a closer match to incandescent, and the rectified bulbs won’t strobe so noticeably. Other games I played had pop bumpers that didn’t always work, or drop targets that had to be hit with a line drive to knock them down. It was nice to see in person several games on my wishlist, but more of them were out of service than in service. I cashed in a $5 bill for change upon arrival and didn’t even stay to spend it all. My much anticipated trip from Ohio to Las Vegas and the PHOF was, well, a memorable experience, just not so positive.

3 weeks later
    #270 5 years ago

Hall of Fame implies something really special...a major achievement....something really special. But my recent visit to the PHOF was anything but special. I found every game I played had issues. Lacking maintenance, or the ones I wanted to play were just plain turned off...out of service. If you can't maintain the games you have, why move to a bigger place and add even more games? Seems to me the name should be changed to Pinball on Tropicana, then you could just tell your friends your going out for some POT.

#290 5 years ago

Will there be pinball in heaven?

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't worry, there is pinball in hell[quoted image]

Yes indeed, there will be pinball in hell, but if you like EM's you will be forced to play SS, and if you like newer games you will be forced to play EM's. If you've been really bad you will be subjected to flipperless bingo pinball for eternity. And the games will all be poorly maintained. And the games you really want to play will all be turned off and out of service. Pray you don't go to hell.

1 month later
    #385 5 years ago

Got Balls?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JethroP.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-to-close?tu=JethroP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.