Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

phof.PDF (PDF preview)
    AD0FA2A0-5277-4A81-AF6B-A0661256A1AD (resized).jpeg
    20190222_125436 (resized).jpg
    AB472689-6F32-4749-9F2D-FEFE0519CC4B (resized).jpeg
    3394C44F-B484-4885-8BD7-F8D6C83AAC40 (resized).jpeg
    SharkHatBoy (resized).jpg
    59FCD96A-74FE-425E-8703-D74EADE0DDD0 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_214405 (resized).jpg
    PHOF_map (resized).jpg
    Tim PBHOF (resized).jpg
    20181012_112342 (resized).jpg
    20181012_112345 (resized).jpg
    noone01 (resized).jpg
    651-popeye-pinball-two (resized).jpg
    pinball01 (resized).jpg
    churchs01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 5 years ago

I've been to the PHoF several times and had a couple of chats with Tim. I admire his dedication to pinball and the astonishing amounts he's given to charity over time. The world would be a much better place if we had more people like Tim in it.

This looks like a well thought out move, unlike a lot of foolhardy large-scale pinball arcades I've seen in the past. Location, location, location + a legendary lineup of pins? It's gonna kick ass. And they'll be highly motivated to keep their machines in working order to cover their costs.

Tim, take heed of making selfie spots. It's free PR and unlike advertising it will actually bring people in. Set up a Hercules with a giant PHoF banner behind it. Anything.

And guys, it's Vegas. Keeping it 18+ isn't going to be very odd considering most of the entertainment is 21+ already. And I certainly do hope they keep the kids out and keep the place weird.

I'm in.

1 week later
    #137 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

I though all the EM's looked great with the LED lights when I was there.
    I'm not a purist in that sense. I thought they made the games pop.

I love the idea of LEDs in EM’s. Yet another reason to visit.

I can only imagine what a nightmare it must have been to constantly be replacing incandescent bulbs, and how much unnecessary heat damage was caused. I do agree that sunlight or warm LEDs would probably look better.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Or better yet, start your own 'museum' arcade like so many others have done and tried, and see how it actually goes for ya. Get back to us in 2-3 years when you have either failed to live up to the standards you set, or fail and go out of 'business', or succeed. I'm hedging there is a no-start-at-all in the armchair online pinball charity people.

I operate a fraction of the pins at the PHoF and truer words were never spoken.

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

... to lose it.
    another blast from the southern california past.
    [quoted image]

I spent many happy hours in that place. And Captain Video's down Westwood Blvd on Pico. I shed a tear when it finally closed, IIRC in the 90s.

As to opening an arcade in an area like that anymore, the rent would crush you. I used to rent a space right around the corner from Westworld. The rents would make your eyes water.

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dan63:

I remember they had a really cool arcade at one time. Wasn't it located outside the park at one of the hotels? I think?

No it was called Starcade and it was in Disneyland next to Space Mountain. It kicked ass.

#179 5 years ago

This. And sell beer.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

One thing I have yet to be able to figure out about Pinside is why a few people need to take almost every topic off subject at some point.

It's funny that your post criticizing off-topic posts is itself off-topic

I guess because we're just human. Also, posting even off-topic does kind of help because at least it keeps things bumped.

On topic, I'm giving Tim money and I've told my non-Pinside friends who are also giving him money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-to-close?tu=Brijam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.