Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 437 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BMHouze
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

phof.PDF (PDF preview)
    AD0FA2A0-5277-4A81-AF6B-A0661256A1AD (resized).jpeg
    20190222_125436 (resized).jpg
    AB472689-6F32-4749-9F2D-FEFE0519CC4B (resized).jpeg
    3394C44F-B484-4885-8BD7-F8D6C83AAC40 (resized).jpeg
    SharkHatBoy (resized).jpg
    59FCD96A-74FE-425E-8703-D74EADE0DDD0 (resized).jpeg
    20181008_214405 (resized).jpg
    PHOF_map (resized).jpg
    Tim PBHOF (resized).jpg
    20181012_112342 (resized).jpg
    20181012_112345 (resized).jpg
    noone01 (resized).jpg
    651-popeye-pinball-two (resized).jpg
    pinball01 (resized).jpg
    churchs01 (resized).jpg

There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 5 years ago

T-shirt arrived today...

AB472689-6F32-4749-9F2D-FEFE0519CC4B (resized).jpegAB472689-6F32-4749-9F2D-FEFE0519CC4B (resized).jpeg3394C44F-B484-4885-8BD7-F8D6C83AAC40 (resized).jpeg3394C44F-B484-4885-8BD7-F8D6C83AAC40 (resized).jpeg
    #402 5 years ago

Well not sure how that took months to send out, but I am looking forward to receiving mine soon as I sent in my $100 right away.

#403 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Well not sure how that took months to send out, but I am looking forward to receiving mine soon as I sent in my $100 right away.

Did you check your spam folder?

Tim emailed me a couple months ago bc I forgot to include my address on the PayPal. I also sent in $$$ right away. Got the shirt about a month ago.

Maybe time for a nice email reminder if he didn’t email you.

#404 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

My wife and I also just received our shirts (red and light blue) and DVDs yesterday ...we paid minutes after Tim posted, so he is working through the list. Hopefully you will get yours any time now.

1 month later
    #405 5 years ago

Received this in the mail today. Thank you Tim.

20190222_125436 (resized).jpg20190222_125436 (resized).jpg
    #406 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Received this in the mail today. Thank you Tim.
    [quoted image]

Nice!! Anything on the back?

#407 5 years ago

Yes, same design as the previous poster.

#408 5 years ago

I sent my $100 on 8/24...should I have seen something?

#409 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

I sent my $100 on 8/24...should I have seen something?

I wasn't expecting anything, so it was a total surprise. I assumed it was going to be something I ordered off of eBay and forgot about.

#410 5 years ago

Agreed, it was a wonderful surprise as I received mine today! Thanks Tim, excited to be a part of pinball history!

#411 5 years ago

Got it…zero expectations

#412 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Yes, same design as the previous poster.

Sorry, my bad, only look at new posts forward. Looks good!!

#413 5 years ago

Like Tim knew I was thinking about it!

AD0FA2A0-5277-4A81-AF6B-A0661256A1AD (resized).jpegAD0FA2A0-5277-4A81-AF6B-A0661256A1AD (resized).jpeg
    #414 5 years ago

I got mine Friday!!! Mine is yellow! is the color difference because of the amount we gave?? What about our name on the bricks outside?? Are we given passes to the new location?? I'm going in late April to check it out!!!DVDs are way cool!!!

#415 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I got mine Friday!!! Mine is yellow! is the color difference because of the amount we gave?? What about our name on the bricks outside?? Are we given passes to the new location?? I'm going in late April to check it out!!!DVDs are way cool!!!

I figured the color was random?

#416 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

I figured the color was random?

I was wondering the same thing. I donated $50 and have a yellow.

#417 5 years ago

I donated $100 and have a red...

#418 5 years ago

Yeah, mine is red and $100 as well.

#419 5 years ago

yellow for louis winthorp

2 months later
    #420 4 years ago

Clark County commissioners just approved the plans this morning. Congrats, Tim.

#421 4 years ago

Details from the zoning meeting of interest... details on the building and signage planned

--
    Elevations
    The plans depict a 1 story, 50 foot 2 inch high building constructed of concrete tilt-up wall
    panels and a glass storefront. The upper portions of the front (west) elevation cantilevers over
    the entrance to the building. The rear (east) elevation shows clerestory glazing and 2 roll-up
    overhead doors. The roof is flat, but angles down towards the rear from the 50 foot 2 inch height
    in the front to a 34 foot 1 inch height in the rear.

Floor Plans
    The plans show a 26,880 square foot building consisting of exhibit/gallery area where pinball
    machines will be displayed and played, and restrooms.

Signage
    The plans depict a 4,706 square foot, approximately 40 foot tall, animated wall sign on the front
    (west) elevation of the building; and a 71 foot 3 inch high, 1,782 square foot, 4 sided, animated
    freestanding sign located 10 feet from the west property line along Las Vegas Boulevard South
    and 6 feet from the north property line.

The letters of both the wall sign and freestanding sign are formed by the positive and negative
    space created by the use of reverse pan channel lighting on the wall sign and pan channel
    lighting with a lexan face on the freestanding sign. The signs are animated since the lighting will
    change color. The pan channel lighting on the freestanding sign will be mounted on a perforated
    metal mesh frame.
    --

phof.PDFphof.PDF
    #422 4 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Floor Plans
    The plans show a 26,880 square foot building consisting of exhibit/gallery area where pinball
    machines will be displayed and played, and restrooms.

Now that's a building, WOW!

4 months later
    #424 4 years ago

Good luck, Tim. Membership purchased Can wait to see the new location

2 months later
    #425 4 years ago

I'm picturing a beautiful new building filled with delapidated games. Hmm.

#426 4 years ago

The strip hotels are not trying too hard to compete.
    So far NY NY was the best for pins for me.

#427 4 years ago

How old is Tim Arnold? Just curious.

#428 4 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

How old is Tim Arnold? Just curious.

63 or 64

2 weeks later
    #429 4 years ago

Would pinball's ultimate pirate actually get into the square circle with music's ultimate butt pirate, while playing PM5K's 'when worlds collide?'

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/las-vegas-pinball-hall-of-fame-owner-still-flipping-mad-at-elton-john/

If it involves pinball, promotions, and profit for charity, eight ball says most definitely likely.

BTW, and most definitely congratulations on the variants granted in the design approval process. These things often take a LONG time to iron out with so many stake holders involved with so many opinions and examples of variants denied to back up their claims. Its a very good step in the right direction.

#430 4 years ago
    Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

Would pinball's ultimate pirate actually get into the square circle with music's ultimate butt pirate

I didn’t know you were into music.

2 weeks later
    #431 4 years ago

I'll be at CES 2020, so Jan 7-10, but I'll be in Vegas from the 4th-11th. Will PHOF be open to some extent?

#432 4 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I'll be at CES 2020, so Jan 7-10, but I'll be in Vegas from the 4th-11th. Will PHOF be open to some extent?

Old location still open for long time to come.
    New location at least 2 years out from opening. They have the ground/lot, and they have a lot cleared to start construction soon. Will be there Monday at will look into it more.

#433 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Old location still open for long time to come.
    New location at least 2 years out from opening. They have the ground/lot, and they have a lot cleared to start construction soon. Will be there Monday at will look into it more.

Oh good, thank you!

#434 4 years ago

If I was in town, and had a pinball and a generator with me, I would set up in the empty lot for an afternoon and gain everlasting fame as the first person to ever play pinball at the new location! (if only technically)

Done right, it could also be a charity drive, most appropriately for SA .

Unfortunately it's not going to happen for me, so feel free to steal my idea!

1 month later
    #435 4 years ago

I bet the new location of Pinball Hall Of Fame will be the new kind of the old PAPA World Headquarters that was in Carnegie, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since PAPA World Headquarters closed down for good after 2 years ago!!

1 month later
    #436 3 years ago

I bet with 'business' like this in Vegas, well the PHoF and any other tourist based business is 'dead' right now.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-states/nevada/las-vegas/las-vegas.html?timelapse=1

#437 3 years ago

With the shutdown there should be lots of time to get everything running 100%
    Order a 40 gallon drum of Novus.

There are 437 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-to-close/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.