Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#398 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Seeing an empty building is one thing, but seeing pinballs and arcades laid out on the floorplan really shows how crazy it is. I threw $20 in, I'm guessing since there are 10,000 locations (public and users) on pinside, if everyone threw in $20 Tim would reach his goal.
    Photoshopped a full layout best I could
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

HOLEEEE CRAP. Wow, thanks for posting that picture.

The only thing I would change would be to dedicate more room for the games, and less room for stuff like bathrooms, etc.

KIDDING!!

For the OCD types like me, I tried to count this up. This might be off a little, but this layout looks like 774 pinball machines and 150 or so video games.

#402 3 years ago

OK I generally don't like watching videos because they just take up too much time, but I watched it. It was pretty good. "Don't have to stand in line to take a whizz" LOL. The other thing he said that amazed me was that it is 300+ feet straight down the aisle when you walk in the door. The length of a football field. Wow.

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

How long did it take you to count all of that?

Not long.

OCDAttack (resized).jpgOCDAttack (resized).jpg

(There are a lot of groups that are the same so counted one of those up and multiplied it out)

1 year later
    #874 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

How in the world is all that money getting pumped into the 12 games that actually work?

Somewhere there is a comical post by Tim that answers this question.

It’s crane machines all the way down.

#875 1 year ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

Tim here to try and correct some wrong impressions of our past and current financial situations. The return mentioned above is from 2019, and represents only a snapshot of that time. Today we are in much better shape both in finances and operations. Pro-forma figures for 2022 will be done in early January and a final return will be submitted to the IRS in May. I have no doubt 2022 will be a record year for revenue. The summer was the busiest I have ever seen in a room IN MY LIFE. There was a huge pent up demand from Covid and a lot of free Government money that allowed Californicates to jump in their cars and come to Vegas. More recently, Nov 25th we hit a new record of 132 percent of capicity.
    We have paid back both the loans we took out to build the new facility and we have rebuilt our insurance reserve to over half the Million Dollars it has been in the past. We have started making small gifts again after an almost total stoppage for the last 5 years. We have begun looking for deserving local charities that we could help in the coming year. We just make a donation of new equipment and computer stuff to IPDB.org to be able to scan very large documents and replace 11 year old PCs and keyboards.
    What is holding us back on making more donations and what has also jammed our nice new facility with dead games is an ongoing legal battle invloving a mistake made by a Survey Company that has us left WITHOUT A PROPERTY LINE or CLEAR TITLE to our land. We can not get a fence permit and begin to use the last 28 feet of our rear until we get this rectified. We have settled with the private land holder building a Hotel next door, but the Airport will not sell us back the land that was taken. When we were back on Tropicana, we had 3 40 foot shipping containers that we had full of parts and unfinished games. We brought them over to the Strip and the County told us they were NOT allowed in this zoning, so we had to sell them at a loss and park the parts and games inside.
    We are also involved with 3 other lawsuits involving the State Tax Comission, a Realtor, and the billboard company that leases a small part of our parking lot.
    These matters have taken lots of time and money away from making our operations better.
    If you read the Business Press or talk to small biz owners right now, they all say the same thing. There is NO help avaliable. Between boomers retiring and leaving the workforce and a government that pays able-bodied people NOT to work, it is very hard to just staff at minimum levels. This week at the PHOF, I am down 60 hours of help. Beth and Charlotte are out on sick or personal leave and Bill moved back to California. We will always find a way to keep the doors open, but enlarging the hours past 9PM and routine mantinance of equipment is getting cut.
    There is also a total lack of skills in younger people who have never had any mechanical training.They also hesitate to invest in learning pinball specfic skills because there is no market for them outside this building.
    You should also keep in mind that the HUGE amount of money we have sunk into ourt new building is not money taken away from our charitable partners, it is only DELAYED. At some point in the future, this project will end and all the assest will be sold. Look at what happened in Banning. The games were sold at auction, and the bulding were sold to a Pot growinfg facility. If and when the LVPCC ends, pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to what happens top the proceeds of the asset sales. Since property on the Las Vegas Strip very seldom goes down in value and the games inside are wort a lot, it could be a major payday for those in need.
    We continue to work very hard 7 days a week to make things better and welcome any input from the collector community.

I can’t even imagine how much work it is to keep all this going. This confirms that I should stick with one of my main goals in life, which is to completely avoid getting involved with anything that involves lawyers and the government.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.