Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1010 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah it’s a shitty situation. I’ve had to deal with this issue before and there’s rarely a good solution.
    If I was the airport, I wouldn’t want to sell either. If I was Tim, I’d also just want to throw my hands in the air. But also Tim can’t, because he can’t sell off without a clear title…

The plot plan showing the property corners and dimensions was probably incorrectly recorded many years ago. As others have mentioned, the engineers/surveyors errors and omissions insurance and also title insurance should cover the issue except it can take a very long time to resolve the issue. It can take years as there will probably be lawsuits and the process can/will move insanely slow.

It really sucks that you can do your due diligence and purchase a property with multiple layers of protection and still get F’d. Even if awarded damages it almost surely won’t be enough to purchase the piece of property from the airport. The legal bills to recover any damages would be also be huge.

#1011 1 year ago

I haven’t been to Vegas in almost 15 years. I used to go for a long weekend once a year back in the late 90’s early 2000’s but never visited the PHOF due to the poor reviews of machines with issues and it’s off the strip location. I was thinking of going this year specifically to visit the new FHOF location but the complaints about the machines not being maintained has me wondering if it’s as bad idea.
    I know it’s impossible to give exact numbers but approx. how many machines are powered on on each day and how many can be played by an average player without noticing significant issues?

#1044 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Chuck E Cheese didn’t give shit because it’s staffed with teenagers who don’t give a fuck if kids are jumping off the games. The owner has every right to yell at anyone fucking around his place of business. To his defense, it’s not a daycare or a giant Chuck E Cheese. Why people take their kids to Vegas is mind boggling.

I had a teenage helper during summertime a few years ago before the local Chuck E Cheese closed. He said he worked there and if it was your honor/punishment of wearing the mouse costume, guys would ALWAYS wear athletic cups. He said the kids would basically attack you when you first came out and it was guaranteed you would be hit hard in the balls.

He also said the “mama bear protect their young instinct” was all too real as the police were called due to parent fight/arguments almost every weekend. It basically sounded like the Jerry Springer show in a pizza shop /kids arcade.

#1079 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Insurance pays out regardless of the validity of the claim. They do a zero sum calculation on the cost to pay someone to go away vs the cost to fight to summary judgement to beat a frivolous lawsuit.
    If it costs $25k to get to summary judgement and the insurance company can make you go away for $10k that’s what they do. Insurance settlements are NOT about actual liability or damages but the cost benefit analysis.
    While you may think “well insurance just eats it!!!”, the cost always returns in premiums.
    There are no frivolous lawsuit free rides

I’m not justifying anyones behavior but basically if you own a property or have a business that’s open to the public you might as well wear a shirt with a bullseye on it. There are many people out there looking for a payday.

My buddy’s friend manages a supermarket. They installed a robot that patrols all the isles looking for items on the floor due to the large number of slip and fall lawsuits.

Immediately upon installing the robot, they started receiving lawsuits from people claiming mental anguish. The robot follows me thru the store. It invaded my personal space and now it haunts my dreams!
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg

#1084 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I would have a blast going to the grocery store if they had robots there to prank on.
    It looks like a toy plush guitar case.

Sorry the pic is a toy they sell. I took that pic and sent a text to the manager I mentioned that said “ that F’n robot haunts my G. damn dreams and your company has the nerve to sell plush toys of it!” I thought it was hilarious. He didn’t think so.

The real robot is 5’ tall. It just roams the store and stops if you come within 2 ft of it. If it finds something on the ground it broadcasts clean up on whatever isle it’s on over the store intercom until a employee or customer picks up the item.

A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpegA06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    #1093 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

How does it function during a crisis situation?

Maybe it has a taser or gun built into it that the manager can only operate? I assume there’s a camera and microphone on it. All I know is every trip that I make to the Supermarket it seems to get I’m my way at least once and I mumble “get the F out of my way you stupid robot! “

#1094 1 year ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

This is not exactly the way I had envisioned robots taking over and replacing humans. It needs missile launchers and guns attached to it.

It’s only the beginning of what’s sure to be coming in the not so distant future! The Chinese already have the technology. Search Chinese drone robot military dog. Amazing but very scary.

If PHOF got a robot like Marty someone could operate it remotely and correct/yell at the misbehaving adults and children. Who is going to argue with a robot?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money?tu=ultimategameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.