Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#870 1 year ago

Man, if you really want to trigger flynnibus apparently just post the PHOF tax statements. Sheesh.
    How in the world is all that money getting pumped into the 12 games that actually work?

#920 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

You usually have a solution and I find it suprising that you dont. I dont understand your pushback on the obvious, pay someone enough $$$ and make it viable long-term.
    What other solution is there, besides scale down or make it a pinball Museum?

flynnibus is all knowing. If he’s pushing back it’s because the universe has willed it this way. He who knows all has spoken, do not argue his wisdom.

#935 1 year ago

I live a block away from a brewery where another pinsider has like 20 games. He lives 45 minutes away so anytime something breaks during the week he’ll text me and I will go over and fix what I can for free (gasp) just because he’s a pal of mine. I’m happy to free a stuck ball, rebuild a mech that came apart, resolder a wire that came off a flipper coil so the games can stay on throughout the week. I just love pinball and that people play at the brewery and I live near by. If I lived in Vegas I’d probably do the same for Tim.

Not everything is about money.

There are people that just want to help such as me, and according to most of pinside I’m a giant piece of Shit.
    However based on my dozen interactions with Tim every time I go to Vegas he probably wouldn’t be interested, and my wife would probably bitch at me for helping him because of how he snapped at her for looking at a game too closely he had the hood up on.

You can’t tell me there aren’t more pin heads in Vegas that would love to spare a few hours a week to just tinker on the games and keep them alive. But no one’s offering to help or they are and being told no. Either way it’s something to think about.

#952 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

So basically this place could shut its doors at any time?

If you applied the working/non working ratio to any other attraction, the regular “Joe Schmo” would probably have that exact thought.

-I went to the amusement park off the highway, almost half the rides were broke. Wonder if that place is about to go under?

-I went to the movie theater down the street, almost half the theaters were closed because the projectors were broke. Wonder if that place is about to go under?

-I went to the mall the other day, almost half the stores were empty and boarded up. Wonder if that place is about to go under?

-I went to Vegas, one of the biggest tourist destinations on earth and stopped at the PHOF located on the strip pretty much at ground zero. Almost half the games were broke and turned off. Wonder if that place is about to go under?
    Pinside: NO THATS JUST HOW TIM RUNS IT. HIS BUSINESS HIS CHOICE DONT LIKE IT DONT GO!!!

#969 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

If you want a Bardcade where mostly everything that takes $ functions 365 days a year, then go to BrewDog or Emporium.

You make a great point.
    That should be the tag line for the PHOF.
    “If you want to play games that work, go somewhere else!”

#971 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I know you are kidding but to be fair, PHOF has a lot more working games than either of those places.

That’s the response I was hoping for. I got a chuckle and we move on. I’m so used to posting something like that and then getting 16 downvotes and a bunch of butt hurt rage shrieks. Thanks man!

#1075 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Well, there is absolutely nothing standing in your way or, anyone else's way here. If you or someone else can do it better in Vegas, look for the land and open up your own pinball thing and put a sign in front of it that says "Jaded pinball attitudes are not allowed here, also... we have pinball and will babysit your kids!"

So I was really motivated by this and went into the bank for a business loan.

Naturally the conversation led to what the business was and when I said I’d like to do is open an arcade with free admission and all revenue would be strictly from the quarters patrons put in the games and maybe 0.001% from selling warm cans of coke for people to drink while they play, the banker chuckled and said ok, but I made it also clear that at any given moment 30-50% of the games will be either off or not play as they are advertised to play.

Of course banker said “well how do you plan on paying the loan back and also keep the facilities maintained and utilities paid, or even pay your assumed staff with half the real estate occupied by broken games???”

I just said “that’s the big question isn’t it?” then I leaned in real close and said, “it’s my business I’ll run it how I want.” And gave him a wink.

The bank denied my loan…

#1083 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

And a Sigma Derby horse race community gaming machine at The D.

I love that thing!

2 weeks later
    #1147 1 year ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Well, this "interviewer" made him soften his edges considerably...of course, I think she also had a bit of a climax, too, so that helped. But man, I've NEVER seen a more restrained laugh/chortle in my life! Skip to 26:36 for her 'Big O". Oh, and I think Tim may have experienced a little pleasure, too.

That a boy Tim give it to her good!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money?tu=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.