Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 3 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

It seems like this may be what makes the PHOF so disappointing every time I have visited.

Why the heck do you keep going back to a place that makes you so disappointed?

Tim has stated his business mode for 15 years and it's not gonna change.
    -quarters not tokens or all day play
    -all volunteer staff
    -$$$ is for mortgage, power bill, game parts, merch and charity

He is testing food trucks outside so he doesn't have the hassle of making it, I don't know if he'll have inside seating/tables or not (I doubt it).
    Once you allow food/drinks/beer inside, sure as shit you're gonna have several drunk idiots dump food and drinks on the games and puke all over the bathrooms.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Almost too tall. Might need a drop ceiling.

The new building is 50ft at the front and slopes to 34ft at the back.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:S
    ...some people won't like it and find an alternative.

Please let us know of any 700 pinball arcades open 7 days a week when you find them.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Moving from the Tropicana location to the new location on the strip is like moving from the Hamburger Stand to Morton's Steakhouse. Do you really want to put the Hamburger stand on the Strip? I want it to be the "Pinball Hall of Fame"-not "The Pinball Hall of Shame." I really feel with some helpful suggestions, donations, and community support that we can make the PHOF legendary and a place everyone wants to visit. The first step is to keep an open mind and adjust accordingly(especially during a 100 year pandemic).

The easiest solution for you and a few others having this 'PHOF life crisis' is to open your own pinball arcade and run it how you see fit.
    In Florida we have 10 or so Pinball/Arcades. Each has done it their own, different way (some sell booze!) and all have survived by smartly sticking to their unique business model from day one. Each model is different enough from the other, and visitors to Florida can find somewhere to play within a 1-2 hour drive no matter where they land in the state.

If you haven't heard it already, Clay interviewed Tim in 2007, and it covers his unique life story over his 50 years in the business from a kid to now. (scroll down to episode 4)
    http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

You can do the same. According to their site he has 152 games (inclusive of woodrails and EMs - and games that may or may not function). Open 7 days a week though, so you're 50% right, but so are most locations here though where we can play.

There are several hundred coming from his home warehouse to the new place.
    It's not about 'change', it's about each place doing their own thing and whether it survives or not.
    Tim has literally ran arcades for over 40 years, what he does works for him.

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

That's fine then. Were going in circles. Hopefully it works out in the end.

Agreed. If you get down to Florida post-covid pm me and I will treat you to pinball and beer.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

There’s an untapped unmentioned resource that might help; Perhaps it’s time for some of the charities Tim has donated to all these years to reciprocate if possible and help him out now in his time of need. Not only would it be a nice gesture, it would also be an investment in their best interest. If PHOF doesn’t make it, then the donations flowing to those charities will likely stop.

Typically the charities Tim donated to were dealing with the homeless, which can't afford to do that. When the new building process started I believe charity donations were paused. Once everything is up and running at the new place I'm sure those will start up again.

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

What about starting a PHOF YouTube channel? Documenting and telling the story of the new building ups and downs, stories about the pins, showing the move, showing repairs, and even just meeting and chatting with patrons. Just documenting everyday life for you is anything but normal to most and people love watching that stuff. The car guys doing it make quite a bit off it from what I understand, and the weirder the topic the more views and money they get.

Maybe Imoto Harvey could cover those final move/setup days, but Tim and crew have no time for stuff like that on a regular basis as he just said above. Fixing games is 24/7

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dogford_Studios: Why pick a spot with the expensive real estate to provide cheap entertainment?

Because pinball IS cheap entertainment...
    Again as Tim JUST said above he doesn't want to mess with anything but fixing games.
    He DID say something in the building walkthrough about BIG companies having some sort of events in the center of the place, no other details given.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

I donated to this worthy cause. Visiting several years ago was the highlight of that family vacation for me. When I was there a few of the games were broken, it didn't bother me because plenty others were working just fine. Call me weird but even with some broken or out of order it was still cool to get to see all those machines, together in one place. When I attend a car show I'm not permitted to drive the other cars, it's still cool to get to admire them. As I remember if you put your money into a game and it doesn't work someone working there would refund it, can't really ask more than that.

Well Done, Sir!
    YOU are the targeted customer base.
    People coming to town for conventions/vacations and spending a day at the PHOF.

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

My hat is off to Tim, I have respect for people who do it their way despite what others say. He reminds me of another Las Vegas legend who decided to take his own path in life.

I was fortunate enough to see Frank on his last tour in Tampa Florida. He sounded great but his son/conductor had to help him out a bit with some stuff. I'd kill to go back in time to see him Dean and Sammy do their thing on the strip.

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

This is interesting information. Several hundred games are coming from his home? He has a battleship or air craft carrier or something? Question: If you have several hundred games in your private collection-why not sell say 20 of those games to finish the build out of the new building? Once they open up it sounds like they will be just fine and can re-coop cost and begin to add games that they may have had to sell to finish the building?

They've already sold games to locals on craigslist, someone posted a link earlier in the thread.

#217 3 years ago

As Tim has said in audio posted here, older video posted here, and clearly in several of his posts here, he's not asking for suggestions on making changes to how he does it. He's just looking for donations. People can be mad at him for not doing what they suggest all they want, it's not gonna change. You can visit PHOF as it is or not.

#263 3 years ago

New Video on the gofundme page...

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from micromegas:

I've never met Tim personally, so take this for what it is.

4 posts in 2 years I take as someone's 2nd account.....

Even if only 'half the games were working' you would have been there more than 30 minutes.

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

This thread has really shown me the good and bad of Pinside and has changed my opinion of some members for the positive or negative.

Agreed. My ignore button is worn out!

#420 3 years ago

Tim said technically they have to be out of old location by May 5th

1 week later
    #532 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:I really don't understand so many "down votes" on post just stating the facts as I see them.

Everybody on pinside knows about the PHOF and Tim.
    People are re-posting the gofundme link at least once a page.
    Those who can afford to donate will.
    We know you mean well, but your long posts seem to try to shame everyone to donate every dollar they have, NOW.
    $100K in a month is great, I think it will stay steady for a while and there will be a big bump at the end.

2 weeks later
    #677 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:I am slightly confused. word I heard Tim was a millionaire like over 25 years ago?

Haters Gonna Hate...
    Please don't play dumb.

#682 3 years ago

CONGRATS!

#685 3 years ago

I'm gonna guess it was Nic Cage, since he moved to Vegas around 2006.

And, well.....

Edit: Maybe not, 'a house' he owned was foreclosed in 2010.

1 week later
    #744 3 years ago

I believe Tim said on the front will be the word 'PINBALL' in lit letters from top to bottom.
    And in addition a free standing sign at the road/entrance.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miracleman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money?tu=miracleman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.