Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timfenske11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 3 years ago

I think the elephant in the room is half the people saying they would be more likely to donate and possibly more if the money was spent on maintaining the pinball hall of fame rather than passed on to local charities before this is done. As far as I know a nonprofit can hire employees. Pinheads like myself are selfish/stubborn and want what they want. I also know plenty of operators and we are not the ones that pay the bills at a location. We drink less and get a significant amount of replays. With that being said, at least in Colorado every public location I know of with multiple games are maintained to a high standard and typically fixed within a day if down. Pending parts. We are spoiled and have grown used to that. I have to admit I would be let down if I went to PHOF (have never been) and the games were not in working order. I don't know one collector that just looks at their games. No matter how rare they still play them and let anyone else that visits. Just my 2 cents and I'm sure no one cares.

I am heading over to donate now because I love pinball and try to support the hobby however I can.

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Let's make this really simple - The money isn't going to charities, the money goes to the PHOF project.
    Tim has outlined this in many interviews in the past - to paraphrase and keep it really short and simple.. their charitable donations stop when they are stockpiling money for a big spend. They resume when they are back to having excesses.

You completely missed my point.. More pinheads would donate more if PHOF maintained their machines to a higher level BEFORE donating to local charities. Everyone understands the donation is to get the building open but would like to know that the open building full of pins will be playable.

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

Reaching your goal is not required. With GoFundMe, you keep each and every donation you receive. Your campaign will be able to accept donations even after your goal is reached.

I'm confident that they will get open. Even if they have to take the proceeds from the go fund me and sell every modern Stern which are easily replaceable and probably for less once the pandemic is over.

1 week later
    #487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Lots of Rich as hell on here could write the check now. I sent my meager amount. If i had a couple mill in the bank, this thread would be closed.

Maybe they are rich as hell because they don't write checks. Maybe they don't like ems. Maybe they would rather buy for themselves. People can spend their money on whatever they want. You get to choose what you do with theirs and so do they.

This project will be completed whether they hit the goal or not. Whatever is raised will help.

I'm at a point where I'm coming back daily for the comments at this point!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Timfenske11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money?tu=Timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.