Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

This was posted by another Pinside member in another thread, but here is the link to the GoFundMe page. Didn't see it in your post, but I'm a few in and there are a lot of words there, so maybe I missed it.

Anyway, here it is: https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

And donation sent!

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

Just got our sales tax exemption last week. This clears us to sell MERCH without charging sales tax. It took a long time and a legal fight to get this exemption but we finally prevailed and are getting ready to sell lots of logo swag!

Well, if you are willing to ship, make a pinside storefront here and/or advertise in this thread and I am sure a lot of us will make some purchases to help out!

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Save it!
    Through this pandemic.
    And even before, we as a community have lost too many places to play pinball and classic arcade game’s.
    Once it’s gone, most likely it will not return ever.
    Locally to me, we have lost play land not at the beach.
    Sf, coin op.
    Vallejo vinyl and pinball,
    Bosie Idaho has lost Grinkers.
    So many towns, so many other great places lost.
    Papa, replay fx. The list goes on and on.
    Give 5-10-20. Whatever you can spare.
    Once it’s gone. It’s gone for ever.
    Everyone here loves pinball.
    Help keep it thriving.

This.. And not to mention that this is in Vegas where many of us visit from time to time so the opportunity to go and play is there for a lot of us. Just easier to open the wallet for most non-locals when you might actually be able to visit someday.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from ILovePinball:

My suggestion to Tim to increase his bottom line (when he moves to the strip) would be to charge an admission
    say like $40 all day or $10-$15 for 1 hr and set all the games to freeplay AND sell alcohol. This seems like the
    preferred business model as I travel the USA visiting these places.The Silverball Museum in Delrey Beach,Fla also
    in Asbury Park,NJ seems to do quite well as they often have 2 cashiers collecting $$$ for entry during busy times!!
    That way everyone who enters will linger around,1st getting thirsty for a craft beer and 2nd,hungry for a pizza,or sandwich.
    They also sell many swag items.Tim WILL get thru this Covid mess! He's NOT going to abandon ship at this point!!!

I will say that when I have been there, it was always to take a break from gambling (losing) and I average about 5-6 hours in there for around $20.

I would gladly pay $40 to stay the same amount of time with the machines on free play. Each time I have gone, I was surprised at how much time flew by and how little I spent.

Putting it in perspective, depending on the table game, $40 is easily one bet. The PHOF is a nice break while in Vegas and worth plenty more than what you spend while there.

That said, his business model worked pre-COVID.

#338 3 years ago

Well, I didn't lose my job or suffer any financial hardships, so I donated initially and will donate again after the 30th. I don't think anyone is asking anyone to mortgage their home or sell their kids to help Tim out. Send money if you want, don't if you don't want to. The whining and bitching is getting old.

1 week later
    #469 3 years ago

Well, another payday, another donation. Hoping Tim gets enough to see this through!

https://gofund.me/0ccf1d66

1 week later
    #599 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It is nice to see the total raised slowly climbing. It would be nice to see more activity but I am sure Tim is very thankful for every dollar donated.
    https://gofund.me/8fe844b5

Many people get paid on the 15th and 30th and there has been a bit of a spike after each of these dates. The 15th is coming up and people will donate. His deadline is May. The 200k goal will be hit well before the deadline. Relax.

I'll be sending in another donation after payday as many others are doing as well.

#637 3 years ago

Another payday, another donation made... I have no doubt that Tim will hit his goal with time to spare.

https://gofund.me/0ccf1d66

#660 3 years ago

My personal goal was to donate $500 and I am doing that with $100 per payday. I have donated 3 times so far and will send more on the 28th and then the 15th. Its only a very small part of what is needed, but every little bit helps!

#686 3 years ago

Awesome news! I will be in Vegas on July 31 and August 1st, so I will get a chance to visit the new location. Can't wait!

#702 3 years ago
    Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Congrats to Tim and the whole crew! I was planning on making another donation on payday (March 1). Maybe I’ll save it and the April/May/June payday donations and come on July 1 to make a 5x donation... in QUARTERS! Can’t wait!!!!!!!
    Hey Tim, please make sure your A/C is up to snuff. Vegas in July... hot...hot...hot!

Yeah, that is my new plan too. I was planning on 2 more donations after the 3 I have already made to hit my personal pledge. But since the goal is hit and I will be there in August, I plan to dump a bucketload of quarters in the games at that time!

1 month later
    #795 3 years ago

Too late to help move, but I will be there on July 31st to drop some coin and check out the new digs!! Can't wait!

1 week later
    #821 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Any new pictures? Anyone here been out to help or out to see the new place in person yet? Can't wait to see some pictures of the progress and to hear more if anyone near that area has anything to share. Remember Tim can still use your money and unlike our government he will not waste it! Since he is a registered Non-Profit donations are tax deductible so if you need a write-off you might want to consider sending PHOF a little money.

There is another thread since it opened with everything you are asking about.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money?tu=Calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.