Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.
    #401 3 years ago

I donated.....To my bank account. Try living on a fixed income.

#402 3 years ago

OK I generally don't like watching videos because they just take up too much time, but I watched it. It was pretty good. "Don't have to stand in line to take a whizz" LOL. The other thing he said that amazed me was that it is 300+ feet straight down the aisle when you walk in the door. The length of a football field. Wow.

#403 3 years ago

The highest donation from a single person as of now is 2000$

#404 3 years ago

Corporate employees please see if your employer has a matching gifts program for charities.
    Las Vegas Pinball Collectors Club is official name of non-profit running PHOF, I was able
    to directly donate to them through my employer’s corporate website.
    My $180 donation turns into $360 with match!

#405 3 years ago

Years ago I had a guy working for me and one day he said "you are my favorite boss". I asked him if that was because I paid well, because I always bought lunch, filled his vehicle with fuel, etc" and he said "no I do appreciate all of that stuff but what I respect the most about you is you never ask anyone for help unless you really need the help". As an employer I have always treated my good employees over the top well and I found they give me 110% in return. I worked as hard as any of them and never asked them to do anything I wouldn't do myself. So they realized if I asked for a little help I really needed that help!

Anyway the reason I am bringing that up here is Tim reminds me a lot of me from the standpoint I have never seen him ask for help unless he really needed it. He has had PHOF open for years - he didn't ever ask for help to to get it open originally, didn't ask for help if the building needed major repairs, etc. But two years ago he did ask for help to get this "over the top project" off the ground and now he is asking for a little help again because he is backed up against the wall because of this Corona Virus mess. He has managed to raise over 95% of the money needed on his own and just needs a little help with the last couple percent of the money needed is that really asking too much?

PLEASE remember this about Tim! He gives 110% everyday to the PHOF. Now at a time of great need he is asking the pinball community for a little help to keep this project alive & on track. That really isn't asking for much when you think about it. Please dig deep and keep this on track!

https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

#406 3 years ago

maybe borrow some money from salvation army...You gave them alot over the years. you could now use it for the building

#407 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

maybe borrow some money from salvation army...You gave them alot over the years. you could now use it for the building

I am sure they have plenty of extra cash on hand a year into this Corona Virus mess. Any other stupid suggestions ?

Bottom line - knowing Tim he exhausted all other sources before going the go-fund-me direction. Ideas & suggestions are fine but please think about what you post before posting it.

I have put plenty of money into charities over the years but the last thing I would do in a time of need to to go to one of those charities and say "I have giving you a bunch of money in the past how about giving me some of that back because I need it now". Charities don't work that way - they are not savings & loans!

#408 3 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Seeing an empty building is one thing, but seeing pinballs and arcades laid out on the floorplan really shows how crazy it is. I threw $20 in, I'm guessing since there are 10,000 locations (public and users) on pinside, if everyone threw in $20 Tim would reach his goal.
    Photoshopped a full layout best I could
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Is that Tim’s private jet in this pic?

Just kidding- I have been to PHOF twice, and both times was with non-pinheads, everyone had a great time! Keep up the good work Tim
    Hope to be back soon.

#409 3 years ago

Before COVID happened I was supposed to have a work conference in Vegas last October, and I was planning to arrive a day early to visit PHOF. I just donated what I might have spent there if my trip hadn't been canceled, though to be honest I probably underestimated.

#410 3 years ago

Took a drive to PHOF yesterday. Had a blast playing a bunch of newer games for the first time (EHOH, TMNT, JP) and older ems. Every other machine is turned off for physical distancing but Tim will turn a game on that you want to play if you ask him. Dropped over $20 in quarters and played until my wrists were sore.

Bought a T-shirt which gets me into the soft opening of the new PHOF when it opens. Had a blast playing and I'm looking forward to returning next week.

Of course, I had to stop at Sammy's L.A. Pastrami a couple of blocks away to bring home dinner. Best pastrami around.

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

HOLEEEE CRAP. Wow, thanks for posting that picture.
    The only thing I would change would be to dedicate more room for the games, and less room for stuff like bathrooms, etc.
    KIDDING!!
    For the OCD types like me, I tried to count this up. This might be off a little, but this layout looks like 774 pinball machines and 150 or so video games.

How long did it take you to count all of that?

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

How long did it take you to count all of that?

Not long.

OCDAttack (resized).jpgOCDAttack (resized).jpg

(There are a lot of groups that are the same so counted one of those up and multiplied it out)

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Took a drive to PHOF yesterday. Had a blast playing a bunch of newer games for the first time (EHOH, TMNT, JP) and older ems. Every other machine is turned off for physical distancing but Tim will turn a game on that you want to play if you ask him. Dropped over $20 in quarters and played until my wrists were sore.

That's what I'm talking about, Daddio! Did you give the new location a driveby?
    Can't wait!

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Bought a T-shirt which gets me into the soft opening of the new PHOF when it opens. Had a blast playing and I'm looking forward to returning next week.
    Of course, I had to stop at Sammy's L.A. Pastrami a couple of blocks away to bring home dinner. Best pastrami around.

The drive in from the North is pretty neat these days with the Jumbotron on Circa.

I agree that Sammy's is great for drive up and take home. As good as The Hat locations in La-La Land. But if you want to sit down and eat at a Deli in Las Vegas and not deal with the strip; go a couple miles from the current PHoF to Weiss Deli on Sunset & Green Valley Parkway. You won't be disappointed.

20210107_161520 (resized).jpg20210107_161520 (resized).jpg20210107_162203 (resized).jpg20210107_162203 (resized).jpg
    #415 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Donated. Not a large amount though, as I've also donated to several other pinball/arcade related gofundme's in the last week. A lot of need out there right now. Still every bit helps.

The same for me, for Tim and a few others, especially SS Billiards and LTG

#416 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

That's what I'm talking about, Daddio! Did you give the new location a driveby?
    Can't wait!

I didn't but I will in a couple of weeks when I return. Only an hour and a half from our new home so I'm gonna be there alot.

I thought of you when I was killin' it on Title Fight.

Quoted from MrBally:

The drive in from the North is pretty neat these days with the Jumbotron on Circa.
    I agree that Sammy's is great for drive up and take home. As good as The Hat locations in La-La Land. But if you want to sit down and eat at a Deli in Las Vegas and not deal with the strip; go a couple miles from the current PHoF to Weiss Deli on Sunset & Green Valley Parkway. You won't be disappointed.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the tip....I'll check out Weiss' Deli next time!

#417 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Are you that dense?

#418 3 years ago

Donated. I had the best afternoon there about 4-5 years back during my only trip ever to Las Vegas. But it was the highlight of my time there. I would love to see the new place. If I can be a small part of keeping a big venue like this going, I'm happy to do so. Thanks to Tim and his crew for making this place happen. It is obviously a huge effort and I'm glad they give it their all.

#419 3 years ago

Donated.

Does anyone remember how soon are the funds needed by??

Only asking as I would like to donate more after big Govt gives me my funds back from overpaying taxes. Tax season starts Feb. 12th and I’m ready to go!

#420 3 years ago

Tim said technically they have to be out of old location by May 5th

#421 3 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Here's hoping one of the bigger pinball manufacturing companies will see the potenial in the above. "Welcome to the [brand name] Pinball Hall of Fame." The sponsor pays for the signage as well.

Deeproot?

#422 3 years ago

VonnieD, Heighway, Dutch etc.

Note that Dutch Pinball is not related to Dutch Bros. Coffee which has several Las Vegas and Reno locations.

#423 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I thought of you when I was killin' it on Title Fight.

What'd you score? Didja get the Gold Belt?

I'm headed out there in May or June. So stoked. I'ma meet you there Daddio. Get me a shirt next time so I'm prepped. Paya back!

Also I might take up on that casa of yers sometime in June...

#424 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

What'd you score? Didja get the Gold Belt?
    I'm headed out there in May or June. So stoked. I'ma meet you there Daddio. Get me a shirt next time so I'm prepped. Paya back!
    Also I might take up on that casa of yers sometime in June...

Don't remember my score but got a free game. For some reason, the pins I scored the most replays on were Champion Pub and Deadpool.

I'll pick you up a shirt next time I go. Color? Size? (I'm guessin' medium)

Our casita is waitin' for you anytime, Brother! Murphy bed, bathroom/shower, microwave, coffee maker, AC, cable TV and hopefully a new pin by the time you get here!

#425 3 years ago

I can not stand the thought of this pandemic taking even more pinball away from this world, so I donated.

#427 3 years ago

I would love to buy some merch! are there any shirts or anything from PHOF??

#428 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crispy77:

Tim sells PHOF shirts for $20.

He's also talked about adding more merch in the future.

Gotta agree with you, Steven.

Welcome back, again. (I guess)

#429 3 years ago
    download.jpeg-3 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-3 (resized).jpg
    #430 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crispy77:

I really like the shirt. I’ll wear it often. I like the fact that it’s not flashy.

6ECC4F34-D930-4A13-8E5E-2B34C25C40E3 (resized).jpeg6ECC4F34-D930-4A13-8E5E-2B34C25C40E3 (resized).jpegAA633FB4-81D3-4842-A1AA-D7E4BF96715D (resized).jpegAA633FB4-81D3-4842-A1AA-D7E4BF96715D (resized).jpeg
    #431 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

VonnieD, Heighway, Dutch etc.
    Note that Dutch Pinball is not related to Dutch Bros. Coffee which has several Las Vegas and Reno locations.

Love the VonnieD reference.

Pinball Gremlins....we hardly knew ye.

#432 3 years ago

Not much giving going on today! Come on guys we really need to make this happen. The survival of PHOF might be depending on this!

#433 3 years ago

Thread was pulled from stickies, donate now

#434 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Thread was pulled from stickies, donate now

It's still there. It just drops from view on the sticky list when there are no new posts since the last time you visited the thread.

#435 3 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong here...say that Tim has to be out of his present location by 5/6/2021...AND his new location isn't anywhere near ready by that time....would a solution (or band-aid, if you will) to this be to rent some off-site storage short-term until the permanent place is ready? Hell, even an ass load of PODS in the parking lot? Pins stack pretty well~ask me how I know~ . Would this be a hassle? Yes, it would, but I think it'd work. I had a house built 3 years ago and I had nothing but issues with the GC as to when it would be move in ready. I rented 3 PODS and had put them on the property. Finally, nearly 5 months after the promised date, the contents were ready to move into the dwelling. Believe me when I tell you that I would rather have not moved the contents twice, but it worked out fine.

#436 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Gotta agree with you, Steven.
    Welcome back, again. (I guess)

Not quite. Back to my slumber...

tenor.giftenor.gif

#437 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Correct me if I am wrong here...say that Tim has to be out of his present location by 5/6/2021...AND his new location isn't anywhere near ready by that time....would a solution (or band-aid, if you will) to this be to rent some off-site storage short-term until the permanent place is ready? Hell, even an ass load of PODS in the parking lot? Pins stack pretty well~ask me how I know~ . Would this be a hassle? Yes, it would, but I think it'd work. I had a house built 3 years ago and I had nothing but issues with the GC as to when it would be move in ready. I rented 3 PODS and had put them on the property. Finally, nearly 5 months after the promised date, the contents were ready to move into the dwelling. Believe me when I tell you that I would rather have not moved the contents twice, but it worked out fine.

I imagine that would bring its own set of nightmares with all the extra paperwork, zoning, taxes, insurance, ect if it would even be allowed in the first place

#438 3 years ago

I am a regular at the PHoF. I play there about 3x a week. Sometimes more.

I also donated (in person).

The PHoF is a unique place. That’s for sure.

It’s not a basement with pristine Jersey Jacks and Stern LE’s that only get wiped with a baby’s diaper by its owners.

The PHoF keeps its machines PLAYABLE. You can go there and play Stern’s Avengers Infinity Quest or a game of Bagatelle from 1934.

Tim may not be Mr. Rogers, but he’s definitely passionate about pinball and built an institution that deserves to thrive for many years to come.

#439 3 years ago

There was mention at some point of possibly taking machine “sponsorships”.

I know I would donate even more if I knew I was getting a cheesy plaque on my favorite cheesy pin there saying that I sponsored that machine.

I guess the major issue would be how big the sponsor plaque would have to be to fit all the names for the people wanting to sponsor Pinball Circus.

I would probably be the only name on CSI.

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Not quite. Back to my slumber...
    [quoted image]

A five year hibernation would be nice - you need the sleep

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

All cost time & money! WHY would he want to put himself through all of that at his age. If I was in his shoes and the pinball community didn't step up with the last little bit of money I needed to make this happen I would say "the hell with it no one seems to care - send everything to auction & retire".

I really can't wrap my head around why people can't just toss a few dollars in his direction instead of wasting time with silly "what if's"

$200,000 isn't a ton of money if everyone would just step up and give a little.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I really like the shirt. I’ll wear it often. I like the fact that it’s not flashy.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'd buy some merch, is there a site to order from?

#443 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I'd buy some merch, is there a site to order from?

No. They have them for sale behind the counter.

#444 3 years ago

I dropped a small donation. Love this place and can’t wait to see the new setup.

#445 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

No. They have them for sale behind the counter.

That's a shame they don't. I won't make it in person for awhile but donated...

#446 3 years ago

It is interesting Mr. Arnold is such a polarizing figure here… Some of the posts would lead me to believe whether an individual donates to help the PHOF or not depends on whether someone was disappointed/thinks they can do it better/Tim was mean/my game didn’t work, etc. I don’t know Tim. I always go to the PHOF when in Vegas, and have brought countless guests with me (many non-pinball people) who were completely blown away. Everyone leaves saying it was the most fun $20 they have ever spent in Vegas.

I don’t think it would be presumptuous to guess most people here are pinball fans (if not fanatics—like me). How would you feel if the Pinball Hall of Fame closed? If the charitable donations—made possible by something you love—stopped? That (arguably) the most successful arcade in history were to shut down, and you could have helped and didn’t? Would you feel personally vindicated? If not, then the bash posts have no place here, in this thread… Start a new thread and vent away… But why would you try to convince others not to donate because you thought Medieval Madness was dirty??? If yes, well, maybe you should think about what this place represents for the hobby--not, "what has PHOF done for me lately?"

I got into this hobby because I love pinball. Because it is a fun/unique way to spend time with my family. Because all of my games are made in Chicago, USA. Because it reminds me of a time in my childhood when I could walk into any arcade and be mesmerized. Because my mom always had a quarter for me. For those reasons, it is personally important to me that PHOF sticks around.

Besides, where else can you go, play so many machines, and see a guy wearing a headlight telling children to stop running???

Donation made. Best of luck Tim!

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

Besides, where else can you go, play so many machines, and see a guy wearing a headlight telling children to stop running???

This guy gets it!

#448 3 years ago

Felt kinda burned from the first, and only, GoFundMe I ever donated to. Thanks a lot Steve! This one is obviously very genuine and worthy. Just donated and will visit the new site when it opens. Good luck Tim and staff!

Rick

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Felt kinda burned from the first, and only, GoFundMe I ever donated to. Thanks a lot Steve! This one is obviously very genuine and worthy. Just donated and will visit the new site when it opens. Good luck Tim and staff!
    Rick

This is totally different than someone "begging for money" because they are too lazy to earn it. Different than someone who is trying to take the "easy way out". ETC!

Tim has busted his ass for two decades giving all the profits to charity and now he is asking for a little help to get the last little bit of money he needs to finish up a 10 million dollar project. He did all the hard work - he did everything right - he just had very bad timing because of the Corona Virus mess. Had this Corona Virus happened a couple years sooner I am sure Tim would have never attempted to make this move. If it happened a year later Tim would have been just fine. But as luck had it timing couldn't have been worse.

Tim isn't asking for a lot from the pinball community. He is asking for help to fund a 2% shortfall in short term funds.

But more importantly he is asking for donations so he can get back to giving more to charity sooner instead of delaying the move and the move costing more money because of that delay. DIG DEEP and help him & PHOF stay on target. Even if you don't agree with the way Tim does certain things it is still a very worthy investment just from the standpoint of the money that will be going to charities again very soon.

PHOF is a WIN-WIN regardless of how you look at it. Like a lot of people I wish some of the machines would be maintained better (and maybe that can happen in the new place). But I know when we were their a few years ago we had a blast and I can't wait to see the new place once it is done.

#450 3 years ago

I’ve been in Vegas since Tuesday for meetings Drove in across i40 and got stuck in my van behind the massive pile up for several hours. That was some ugly weather from Flagstaff to Kingman AZ .Hope everyone was safe, I saw so many other accidents along the way...

When I got in town - I drove right by the new Hall of Fame building. I stopped and took pictures of the area of the New Pinball Hall of Fame. What a great location and building! Wow.

Well done to Tim and the Board of Directors.

I’m head to the Pinball Hall of Fame tonight.

Here are pictures of the building and the surrounding area.

79C5F579-7E23-4645-B6B4-401825D93E81 (resized).jpeg79C5F579-7E23-4645-B6B4-401825D93E81 (resized).jpeg8F48FC1F-C13D-4229-BDAD-D4F79E332509 (resized).jpeg8F48FC1F-C13D-4229-BDAD-D4F79E332509 (resized).jpeg9FFACCBD-A4A9-49DB-AA16-B4B8B93204D1 (resized).jpeg9FFACCBD-A4A9-49DB-AA16-B4B8B93204D1 (resized).jpegCE0EF97B-75B3-41D4-B49E-AC8686CDFE65 (resized).jpegCE0EF97B-75B3-41D4-B49E-AC8686CDFE65 (resized).jpegE99310A7-BCEA-4913-AFF0-48E9A0140F27 (resized).jpegE99310A7-BCEA-4913-AFF0-48E9A0140F27 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money/page/9?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.