Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg

There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.
    #51 3 years ago

Donation made.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from V8haha:

If the games played better you would make a lot more money. Spend some time fixing up your equipment. I’ve lost money too many times in your machines.

There are plenty of machines in Vegas that people lose money in....

#53 3 years ago

Donated, and shared the word on our local enthusiasts group.

And I’m looking forward to buying some merch!

#55 3 years ago

Donation made. Wishing you great success, Tim!

#56 3 years ago

I'm going to sticky this on the frontpage for a while, hope it helps. Good luck Tim & crew!

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

just thinking outside the box , and please don't beat me up , i mean no disrespect , but could selling some games off help ? used market is crazy high

I was thinking of this as well. And I agree with you. Also nobody should be beating you up over this.

#58 3 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

Round 2 off PPP is going on now and they are taking lost revenue into consideration so might want to give it another try

The calculation is still based on payroll.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

I will also promise that we will not change the way we operate here. We will still be the same old low rent, penny pinching, stripped down and simple operation we have always been.

I was trying to brainstorm some ideas to help generate some more revenue for PHOF and I thought about maybe trying to incorporate alcohol? Las Vegas is a tourist town and people like to party-I know I do when I visit. Just a thought and not sure if it is feasible, but people may spend more money and time if beverages were available? Seems like a lot of arcades struggle without alcohol sales to help generate revenue nowadays.

#60 3 years ago

Everything is losing money

#62 3 years ago

Every time I'm back in Vegas the PHOF is a mandatory stop...I've donated.

#63 3 years ago

Never been able to visit, but I believe in the cause. Donated.

#64 3 years ago

Let's not forget aboot the Arnold Brothers two arcades in Michigan that are suffering and the associated gofundme. While Tim is out of the picture on these locations, he is part of the heritage of these places and always cites them in multiple news stories aboot the PHoF.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-petes-gofundme#post-6042583

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-pinball-petes?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

#65 3 years ago

Donated

#66 3 years ago

For those interested, we just released an Interview with Tim Arnold about the Pinball HOF that contains additional info about the GoFundMe:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/pinball-hall-of-fame-interview-with-tim-arnold/

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.08.01 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.08.01 AM (resized).png
    #67 3 years ago

Donation sent!!
    You’ll get to the goal!
    Looking forward to visiting the place later this year!

#68 3 years ago

Donated.

Never been, but hoping to see it one day. Keep up the good work Tim.

https://gofund.me/0ccf1d66

#69 3 years ago

I just gave. Come on guys we want to keep these places around!

#70 3 years ago

I always thought that someone either hacked Tims account or had access to Tims computer to post as him.
    But after seeing the same grammer and weird capitalizations it looks like it was Tim after all.
    Donation sent

#71 3 years ago

Just sent a small donation. Hang in their timarnold we'll be there to support you in person when we finally get though this damn pandemic.

#72 3 years ago

Love him or hate him Tim has done more for charity & the pinball hobby than pretty much anyone you will ever meet. Tim is truly a unique character that I have only met in person once but to me he quickly became a person I wanted to support and do all I could to help his cause.

After talking to a few of the volunteers I discovered even more about Tim and just how unique he is. Here is a guy that has devoted most of his adult life sharing his love for pinball and the hobby with the world and not asking anything in return for himself. He has operated PHOF on a shoestring budget for its entire existence just to be able to give more money to charity. He spends hundreds of hours a month working FOR FREE and even goes so far as to bring his own food from home to be able to keep expenses down and rarely has he ever asked anyone for anything other then to support his charity work.

Now he is asking the pinball community for a little help in his time of need. Let's "BLOW THE LID" off his go-fund-me drive and get him some excess money beyond his $200,000 goal. I can promise you and money raised will go to a great cause and will not be wasted. Tim is a cheap as it gets so every dime you donate will be well spent!

Tim knows the value of a little change and has become very well off a quarter at a time. But instead of being selfish he has always shared his love for the hobby with others and continues to do that everyday. PLEASE give all you can - give more than once if you can - let's all show Tim just how much we appreciate what he has done in the past and what he is trying to do with this new PHOF building.

For those of you making suggestions - that is great but if you know Tim you would realize he has already looked under every cushion and rock for every dime he can find. I doubt anyone could try any harder than he does not to have to ask for a little help. So love him or hate him if you love the pinball hobby how about helping the guy who has done something most of us could never accomplish. Dig deep and help PHOF open on time and be even great than Tim could imagine.

Find the Go-Fund-Me here: https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

Keep bumping this post to the top of the page - keep re-posting the go-fund-me link and keep giving what you can.

#73 3 years ago

Donated. Keep it goin!

#74 3 years ago

Its always been a dream to visit the PHOF so I hope this works out for you! Donated!

#75 3 years ago

I'd like to see Pinside make this a very obvious sticky on the front page.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'd like to see Pinside make this a very obvious sticky on the front page.

Quoted from robin:

I'm going to sticky this on the frontpage for a while, hope it helps. Good luck Tim & crew!

#77 3 years ago

Just donated. Best of luck. Thank you Tim for all you do to keep pinball alive

#78 3 years ago

Press on timarnold ! Donation made.

#79 3 years ago

Donated. Very good cause! Someday I will make it out there.

#80 3 years ago

Donation made but maybe you should put some games up for sale.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

maybe you should put some games up for sale.

Quoted from timarnold:

We have sold over 20 machines

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Donation made but maybe you should put some games up for sale.

Tim said he has already sold some duplicate machines there really isn't any long term logic in selling off machines when he has a new building to fill. People do "go-fun-me" for all kinds of "stupid things" and occasionally for some worthwhile projects. In my eyes this is a great way to help PHOF some with a short term shortfall due to Covid-19.

Three things to remember here: First thing is PHOF will be the largest "true arcade" in the world once this project is finished but beyond that all profits are donated to charity (hard to beat that "business plan"). Second is when you donate to PHOF your donation will not end their - once Tim gets up and running in the new location he plans to get back to giving to charity so your donation today will be paid forward in the future. And lastly this isn't some wild dream by someone who has not invested heavily himself - Tim has given of himself for almost two decades (or longer) really not asking for anything in return.

PLEASE do all you can to help Tim & PHOF. This Corona Virus mess has been hard on everyone but Tim has had it especially rough taking a leap like this just before Covid hit then getting hammered with nearly 1/2 a million dollars in lost revenue in 2020. He shouldn't have to be "stressing" over coming up with the last 5% of the money he needs to finish this project.

If a couple thousand people toss a bit of cash at this and a few people who are a little better off toss $100 (or more) into the pot $200,000 isn't really a hard goal to reach. A $20 bill would be a big help to Tim & PHOF - most of us waste more that that on "junk" food and coffee in a week! Give what you can as quickly as possible so Tim can sleep better at night and will just have to worry about moving hundreds of machines in a couple month and not have to worry about funding as well.

DONATE TO: https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

#83 3 years ago

Isn't he $590,000.00 short?

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Tim said he has already sold some duplicate machines there really isn't any long term logic in selling off machines when he has a new building to fill. People do "go-fun-me" for all kinds of "stupid things" and occasionally for some worthwhile projects. In my eyes this is a great way to help PHOF some with a short term shortfall due to Covid-19.
    Three things to remember here: First thing is PHOF will be the largest "true arcade" in the world once this project is finished but beyond that all profits are donated to charity (hard to beat that "business plan"). Second is when you donate to PHOF your donation will not end their - once Tim gets up and running in the new location he plans to get back to giving to charity so your donation today will be paid forward in the future. And lastly this isn't some wild dream by someone who has not invested heavily himself - Tim has given of himself for almost two decades (or longer) really not asking for anything in return.
    PLEASE do all you can to help Tim & PHOF. This Corona Virus mess has been hard on everyone but Tim has had it especially rough taking a leap like this just before Covid hit then getting hammered with nearly 1/2 a million dollars in lost revenue in 2020. He shouldn't have to be "stressing" over coming up with the last 5% of the money he needs to finish this project.
    If a couple thousand people toss a bit of cash at this and a few people who are a little better off toss $100 (or more) into the pot $200,000 isn't really a hard goal to reach. A $20 bill would be a big help to Tim & PHOF - most of us waste more that that on "junk" food and coffee in a week! Give what you can as quickly as possible so Tim can sleep better at night and will just have to worry about moving hundreds of machines in a couple month and not have to worry about funding as well.
    DONATE TO: https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

Is there a list somewhere of games he is looking to move?

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

Isn't he $590,000.00 short?

I doubt anyone - including Tim - can tell you exactly what is going on as far as "shortfall" but I know Tim counts his quarters and has stepped up with his own personal funds to make this project happen. It isn't really about the amount of money borrowed, right now it is about the amount of funds needed to finish this $10 million dollar project. Tim isn't one to ask for more than he needs and if he is asking for something he is one of those people who will have exhausted all other options. In the grand scheme of things it is kind of like buying a new car and not having enough cash to fill the fuel tank to get home. (Shortly you will have that gas money but that doesn't help today). $200,000 is a boat load of money in some ways but compared to what has already been spent on this project it is "chump change".

Hopefully the go-fund-me will help him with the current $200,000 shortfall and he can keep the rest on schedule. I really don't think it is as much about money as it is about staying on schedule at this point. May is only 4 months away and a lot needs to happen in that 4 months. The last thing Tim or the PHOF group should have to be worried about right now is running out of money due to Covid-19 set backs. Hopefully this go-fund-me takes care of that so they can get the building finished and get everything moved on time.

PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN!

https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

Is there a list somewhere of games he is looking to move?

He has Black knight sword of rage pro listed on Craigslist Las Vegas for $5k and a few EM games

#87 3 years ago

Never been to Vegas, but will certainly stop by PHOF if I ever do.

#88 3 years ago

Donation sent.

Now I gotta find a box of Quisp!

#89 3 years ago

Donated

#90 3 years ago

Tim here again!

First of all, thanks to all the Pinsiders that have donated so far! You can see the total going up and I am hopeful we can hit our goal.

I was out today at the new site giving local teevee interviews to mobilize the in town customers. I also had to meet with the electricians about placement of the junction boxes. Then I went to a lady's house and picked up a donated Gottlieb Buccaneer.

If anybody needs proof of our legal not-for-profit status for a direct donation or just because, you can get out current status at the IRS website by doing a search on their charity finder.

If you would like to see our tax returns for the last 3 years, they can be viewed for free at www.guidestar.org. If you need to see proof of our State of Nevada incorporation status, that is a t the Nevada Secretary of State's web page.

We have BIG plans for Merch and more game sales, but these take time. I am already very busy with the technical details of the building and getting ready to move all those machines into the new location. The future is going to be better, but right now, I need to pay some bills.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

Tim here again!
    First of all, thanks to all the Pinsiders that have donated so far! You can see the total going up and I am hopeful we can hit our goal.
    I was out today at the new site giving local teevee interviews to mobilize the in town customers. I also had to meet with the electricians about placement of the junction boxes. Then I went to a lady's house and picked up a donated Gottlieb Buccaneer.
    If anybody needs proof of our legal not-for-profit status for a direct donation or just because, you can get out current status at the IRS website by doing a search on their charity finder.
    If you would like to see our tax returns for the last 3 years, they can be viewed for free at www.guidestar.org. If you need to see proof of our State of Nevada incorporation status, that is a t the Nevada Secretary of State's web page.
    We have BIG plans for Merch and more game sales, but these take time. I am already very busy with the technical details of the building and getting ready to move all those machines into the new location. The future is going to be better, but right now, I need to pay some bills.

Tim,

We have only met once several years ago and in just the very few minutes I talked to you I instantly knew you were "one of the good guys". After we talked briefly (I know you are always busy) I had the pleasure of talking to a couple of the volunteers and after some of the stuff they told me about you I realized my instincts about you were correct. THANKS for doing all you have for both the hobby & charities and keep up the good work. PLEASE don't let the "little things" worry you - remember if it isn't going to matter a year from now it isn't worth worrying about.

You are doing a hell of a good job - just keep the faith & keep up doing all the good work. I am sure all will be OK in the end as far as the money end of things go. I know this has to be super stressful for you - PLEASE take care of yourself also!

-Skip-

#92 3 years ago

Donated! Never been there, but all the stories told to me by friends about PHOF and Tim Arnold, just make me a fan!

#93 3 years ago

My suggestion to Tim to increase his bottom line (when he moves to the strip) would be to charge an admission
    say like $40 all day or $10-$15 for 1 hr and set all the games to freeplay AND sell alcohol. This seems like the
    preferred business model as I travel the USA visiting these places.The Silverball Museum in Delrey Beach,Fla also
    in Asbury Park,NJ seems to do quite well as they often have 2 cashiers collecting $$$ for entry during busy times!!
    That way everyone who enters will linger around,1st getting thirsty for a craft beer and 2nd,hungry for a pizza,or sandwich.
    They also sell many swag items.Tim WILL get thru this Covid mess! He's NOT going to abandon ship at this point!!!

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from ILovePinball:

My suggestion to Tim to increase his bottom line (when he moves to the strip) would be to charge an admission

Not sure why people keep thinking Tim needs suggestions on how to run the most profitable arcade in the world.

The current cash flow issue is due to that pesky global pandemic. He doesn’t need armchair quarterbacks who have never run anything telling him what to do.

I do wish he’d spend some of those massive profits on paying techs to keep the games up, but no one can deny his formula works. It does. So save your ideas and instead, drop a few coins in the donation box.

#95 3 years ago

Donated. Pre-Covid I used to travel to LV for business on a regular basis and would stop by there EVERY time. It was always a highlight of my trip! Sending good vibes from Canada and hope to stop by again soon!

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Not sure why people keep thinking Tim needs suggestions on how to run the most profitable arcade in the world.

He stated that they are in crisis and running out of money quickly. Nobody is telling him how to run his business, but rather trying to think of ideas to help increase revenue generation. If I was in a crisis(and posting on public forum), I would take any suggestions to help improve profitability and stay in business. You decided to give me a thumbs down because I suggested incorporating alcohol sales in Las Vegas? You can't walk around the city without seeing someone walking down the street with a beverage in their hand. It is a drinking/party town that is all about gambling and drinking, etc.

If an arcade can survive without alcohol sales-that is great. Now if an arcade is struggling(even due to economic circumstances) then incorporating liquor sales may help? It probably will increase the foot traffic significantly as well. Get more people in the door and get more people to want to come. I am hopeful that some donations can keep PHOF going and things will start to turn around. I may be in the minority but I would love to play Pinball Circus with a beer in my hand.

#97 3 years ago

I owe Tim for the great times in college at Pinball Pete’s, the laughs from his $6 vhs tapes he sold at the 90’s events and the Topcast interviews. and those amazing (what I came to call) “slot machines” at PHOF, and helping all those folks through Salvation Army and other charities. A donation will help our hobby, my vacations, and the unfortunate of Las Vegas. This is important folks! And while you’re on PayPal, consider sending Pinside something.

#98 3 years ago

Years ago before this enthusiastic resurgence of pinball, I was excited about pinball and contacted Tim and asked him if i could come interview him...he invited me into his home and gave me full access to his game storage and introduced me to all his pinball pals, told me all about his plans for a Pinball Hall of Fame, treated me to drinks and dinner with his wife and friends. Then a few years later when he took a sharpie and wrote "Pinball Hall of Fame" on a piece of cardboard and hung it up over the doors; he invited me back for more hospitality and his time...I'm a total nobody stranger, he gave me VIP access for zero benefit or fan fair. Those days he had more time on his hands. These days he has no idea who I am when I'm able to visit Las Vegas, he is always very busy; but I thank him, say a quick hello, and then go play the amazing games. To this day I try to be as generous as he was to me whenever life gives me the opportunity.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

He stated that they are in crisis and running out of money quickly. Nobody is telling him how to run his business, but rather trying to think of ideas to help increase revenue generation. If I was in a crisis(and posting on public forum), I would take any suggestions to help improve profitability and stay in business. You decided to give me a thumbs down because I suggested incorporating alcohol sales in Las Vegas? You can't walk around the city without seeing someone walking down the street with a beverage in their hand. It is a drinking/party town that is all about gambling and drinking, etc.
    If an arcade can survive without alcohol sales-that is great. Now if an arcade is struggling(even due to economic circumstances) then incorporating liquor sales may help? It probably will increase the foot traffic significantly as well. Get more people in the door and get more people to want to come. I am hopeful that some donations can keep PHOF going and things will start to turn around. I may be in the minority but I would love to play Pinball Circus with a beer in my hand.

You can't just snap your fingers and get a liquor license. It's costly, time consuming, complicated, and usually there are only a certain number allotted, so there is sometimes a waiting list that is years long. Plus a lot of rules and regulations come along with that license even *if* you are even able to get one.

It's not really a feasible option that can help with the immediate situation. I'm not even sure if it's possible for a non-profit or organization designated as a museum to obtain one, other than for a special occasion or fundraising event.

Besides, if you want to drink, there are plenty of places where you can do that. If you want to play pinball, there's really only one place for that in Las Vegas.

#100 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I'm sure it's also been discussed and there is likely a magnitude of red tape required to make that happen, especially for a non-profit in Las Vegas. I'm guessing there is a premium on getting your hands on a license. I'm not sure about the laws in Las Vegas, but in my State, the Tavern League is very powerful. They lobby heavily to limit the sale of alcohol. Tim already mentioned the difficulty with setting up merchandising. I assume it's worse for alcohol licensing. It's not that it's a bad idea it's just probably not a realistic option.

There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.