Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.
    #801 3 years ago

Plnball Hall of Fame

#802 3 years ago

Home of the worlds largest pinball sign
    Cant wait to take a selfie in front of it with the family like we went to Wally World.

#803 3 years ago

Tim is the "MASTER" of keeping things simple and to the point. Glad the sign on the front of his Ten Million Dollar building still matches his style. Why waste money on a fancy sign when you can just paint one word on the front of your building and get the same message out? I am just a little surprised Vegas didn't demand he to something a little more fancy but glad Tim could keep it simple!

How about we all dig deep and toss a few more dollars at the Go-Fund-Me so he can buy the rest of that red paint and finish that sign!

#804 3 years ago

is the facade going to be just red on white now?
    the artist rendering was considerably more promising.

phof signage (resized).PNGphof signage (resized).PNG

regardless, either taggers have made their presence known or the contractors need a spell checker.

facade02 (resized).jpgfacade02 (resized).jpg

#805 3 years ago

Stopped by an hour ago, looks like sign will be done by end of day.
    Got to stop and chat + play a quick game. So the soft opening is now, grand opening July 1st.

Plenty of space for social distancing until another several hundred games get set up. Glad to see they have bike fixtures near entrance. We are so lucky to live about a 10min bike ride away!

IMG_16042021_135001_(1600_x_800_pixel) (resized).jpgIMG_16042021_135001_(1600_x_800_pixel) (resized).jpg

#806 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Tim is the "MASTER" of keeping things simple and to the point. Glad the sign on the front of his Ten Million Dollar building still matches his style. Why waste money on a fancy sign when you can just paint one word on the front of your building and get the same message out? I am just a little surprised Vegas didn't demand he to something a little more fancy but glad Tim could keep it simple!

Uh, he's planning a 60ft custom sign on the Strip.

#807 3 years ago

The only thing that would make that sign better is a big neon cowboy off to the side

#808 3 years ago

Choose a font, color and then paint it on the building. Not much imagination. So simple it might work.

#809 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

The only thing that would make that sign better is a big neon cowboy off to the side

Inserting a coin into a coin slot.

LTG : )

#810 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Or a neon version of this

#811 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

With the money they're saying it cost to build this place I'd expect that 40ft neon cowboy hanging off the side

#812 3 years ago

Neon would be incredible!

#813 3 years ago

That looks like the worlds largest stencil.

#814 3 years ago

the inspiration for the facade artwork is finally revealed as the museum begins to show 'signs of LIFE'.

signs of life (resized).jpgsigns of life (resized).jpg
    #815 3 years ago

Hell yeah! I’m going to get a BJ!!! Who cares if the machines are working? visiting phof! Pimp approved!

#816 3 years ago

Stencils by Jeff Miller ??532b3674ad1ae8b6179faf6588e320504c5c1c3a (resized).jpg532b3674ad1ae8b6179faf6588e320504c5c1c3a (resized).jpg

#817 3 years ago

Too bad DR seems to have run out of advertising funding.

DR ad (resized).jpgDR ad (resized).jpg
    #818 3 years ago

How about we all dig deep and toss a few more dollars at the Go-Fund-Me so he can buy the rest of that red paint and finish that sign!

Are you serious or just messing around?

#819 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Are you serious or just messing around?

Just killing time as always. But since Tim still has an active "Go-Fund-Me" and lots of bills to pay before PHOF is debt free again and can go back to donating proceeds to charity I am sure he would still appreciate any money that heads in his direction. To me it is one of the most logical donations anyone in the hobby could make. How can you argue with Tim's success with giving to charity over the years?

#820 3 years ago

Any new pictures? Anyone here been out to help or out to see the new place in person yet? Can't wait to see some pictures of the progress and to hear more if anyone near that area has anything to share. Remember Tim can still use your money and unlike our government he will not waste it! Since he is a registered Non-Profit donations are tax deductible so if you need a write-off you might want to consider sending PHOF a little money.

#821 3 years ago

Any new pictures? Anyone here been out to help or out to see the new place in person yet? Can't wait to see some pictures of the progress and to hear more if anyone near that area has anything to share. Remember Tim can still use your money and unlike our government he will not waste it! Since he is a registered Non-Profit donations are tax deductible so if you need a write-off you might want to consider sending PHOF a little money.

There is another thread since it opened with everything you are asking about.

#822 3 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

There is another thread since it opened with everything you are asking about.

Thanks for letting me know! I have not been spending much time on Pinside these days so I don't typically do much as far as looking at new topics. Basically I just stop by once in a while to check my messages and to see if anyone has posted anything new in topics I was watching in the past. I'll have to check out that other post.

#823 3 years ago

Sign is done, lots more machines & customers versus last week!

IMG_20042021_172820_(1600_x_1200_pixel) (resized).jpgIMG_20042021_172820_(1600_x_1200_pixel) (resized).jpg
    #824 3 years ago

That's because now the store front can't be confused for a nuclear bunker.

1 year later
    #825 1 year ago

Has anyone here looked at the PHOF IRS Form990? I was surprised!

#826 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fast400:

Has anyone here looked at the PHOF IRS Form990? I was surprised!

Good or bad?

#827 1 year ago

I'll let you decide...maybe I'm reading it wrong. https://www.irs.gov/charities-and-nonprofits
    Then just search for PHOF or 'Las Vegas Pinball Collectors Club'

#828 1 year ago

You'll find the "Las Vegas Pinball Collector Club" on pg 235 of the IRS site search. First search by State/City.

#829 1 year ago

Here's the most recent (2019) form 990: https://docs.candid.org/990/260/260060884/260060884_2019_18106275_990.pdf

This is public information and is required by law to be made available for inspection.

It makes pretty good money but isn't donating any significant amount.

#830 1 year ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

Here's the most recent (2019) form 990: https://docs.candid.org/990/260/260060884/260060884_2019_18106275_990.pdf
    This is public information and is required by law to be made available for inspection.
    It makes pretty good money but isn't donating any significant amount.

Unfortunately that is how I read it also...why was he asking for gofundme if he is earning enough to pay off his loan just in 2019 earnings?

#831 1 year ago

He clearly was never running out of money...his earnings are very high yet from what I can see he hasn't donated much money....hmmm

#832 1 year ago

I'm not an accounting expert. But when I read this I see two things:

Revenue less expenses was $2,693,736

Net assets are $7,670,528

Can anyone explain to me how they're making $2.6 million a year, and yet every time I hear about someone stopping in they report back that half the games are broken and out of service? Is that not enough money for a couple of full time techs?

#833 1 year ago

Obviously there are a lot of assumptions going on here based on a single tax return. Tim said all along during the building phases of the new location that donations were going to be at a bare minimum.

That being said, PHOF will never see another dime from me for completely different reasons.

#834 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

He clearly was never running out of money...his earnings are very high yet from what I can see he hasn't donated much money....hmmm

I will never use the term con man, but what Tim did and how he did it to get the new location built and paid for goes beyond masterful.

#835 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Obviously there are a lot of assumptions going on here based on a single tax return. Tim said all along during the building phases of the new location that donations were going to be at a bare minimum.
    That being said, PHOF will never see another dime from me for completely different reasons.

Well its kinda simple math isn't it? I was always under the impression they gave away a lot of their profits to local charities (although I get u need to hold some back )? These are all reported on returns. Clearly that wasn't happening. It appears he wants to keep all his toys to himself and get others to flip the bill? Clearly he's old school as he still fills out his tax forms by hand...I haven't done that in 30 years

#836 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Can anyone explain to me how they're making $2.6 million a year, and yet every time I hear about someone stopping in they report back that half the games are broken and out of service? Is that not enough money for a couple of full time techs?

Crazy profit....I guess u can pull that off when u don't pay any employees and u own everything outright. I would have assumed he would have taken a lot of that profit and donated it to charities.

#837 1 year ago

Wait...I always heard that most of the profits went to the Salvation Army.

#838 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I was never aware of exactly where they went, but I was under the impression most of the profit went to charities....per the return (unless I missed it or its not required to report) thats not the case.

#839 1 year ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I believe they parted company a few years back. The SA let them use trucks. Tim was then donating to other charities then. According to news here.

#840 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Very simple, they changed locations, not procedures.

#841 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I believe they parted company a few years back. The SA let them use trucks. Tim was then donating to other charities then. According to news here.

Good intel......I wonder why anyone would ever part ways with a charity ? Usually charities are very grateful for ANY support, and per his returns he should have A LOT of support....sounds like the PHOF might have been abusing the privilege by using their trucks? Who knows, but their profits/assets are crazy high

#842 1 year ago

You guys are all making huge assumptions based off a 2019 return.

This does not account for 2020 and the Pandemic which essentially shut down vegas for many months and even upon reopening, business was highly constrained and slow for couple years. The numbers also believe would not account for the new venue and move expenses

#843 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

This does not account for 2020 and the Pandemic which essentially shut down vegas for many months and even upon reopening, business was highly constrained and slow for couple years. The numbers also believe would not account for the new venue and move expenses

True...it would be nice to compare to his 2020/2021 return

#844 1 year ago

IIRC he mentioned some time back (prior to 2019?) they were scaling back on donations in order to fund the new location. This pissed off the Salvation Army as they had apparently built their budget around the (significant) donations.

#845 1 year ago

His previous returns don't look much better...I'm still hoping there's something here that I'm not seeing. Looking at the numbers...

#846 1 year ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

IIRC he mentioned some time back (prior to 2019?) they were scaling back on donations in order to fund the new location. This pissed off the Salvation Army as they had apparently built their budget around the (significant) donations.

Also what I remember from before the building started. Tim posted open about how the new building was going to be funded and that donations would be limited.

#847 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

He doesnt need a PPP loan he needs a small biz loan from the SBA which they are in fact giving out pretty easily.
    Issue there would be I doubt they have the financials to get approved for much or as a non profit maybe not eligible.
    Would be worth looking into since the rates are low and its a 30 years term.

SBA loans are a rip-off. High interest

#848 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fast400:

His previous returns don't look much better...I'm still hoping there's something here that I'm not seeing. Looking at the numbers...

Again, how is any of that relevant to his topic of discussion from 2021? This is very old financial info and there is a huge difference in accounting that would be taking place in the 2020-2021 period. Any business owner can tell you what it was like in those years and how crazy our financials looked at the time due to closures. And again not takes into account all the expenses that would have happened with the huge move that they undertook all of which centered around the pandemic. Looking at pre pandemic numbers is not helpful at all.

Businesses were shut down for long periods of time, it doesn't make them immune to expenses as we still have to pay for insurance, utilities, rent, paying any past debts, etc, all the while we were taking in zero revenue.

This is really really jumping on a nothing burger of info.

#849 1 year ago

It all depends on what you get out of going there and dropping coin into his machines. I get to play some really nice examples of some classic pins when they are working, and Tim gets to keeps the doors open so that I can. How he does it, who profits, who looses, who cares? Don't like Tim? Then don't donate time or money or go play his machines. He doesn't really care. It's that simple really. It gives me something I love to do when visiting Vegas beside loose huge sums of cash and that's just for parking and food, not gambling.

#850 1 year ago

Again, how is any of that relevant to his topic of discussion from 2021? This is very old financial info and there is a huge difference in accounting that would be taking place in the 2020-2021 period. Any business owner can tell you what it was like in those years and how crazy our financials looked at the time due to closures. And again not takes into account all the expenses that would have happened with the huge move that they undertook all of which centered around the pandemic. Looking at pre pandemic numbers is not helpful at all.
    Businesses were shut down for long periods of time, it doesn't make them immune to expenses as we still have to pay for insurance, utilities, rent, paying any past debts, etc, all the while we were taking in zero revenue.
    This is really really jumping on a nothing burger of info.

The point is, he claims “not earning a dime” and asks for gofundme donations, yet his financial records appear to show a completely different picture. Am I missing something?

There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.