Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.
    #651 3 years ago
    Quoted from dgarrett:

I figure the donation I just made is just a short term cash flow and eventually Tim will be donating again - so its like a pay it forward donation. If you aren't sure, just think of $20 as a typical trip to your local location. What's one day's worth of arcade action to throw to the PHOF? Do it now.

DO-IT.gifDO-IT.gif
    #652 3 years ago

Just seen this on YouTube

#653 3 years ago
    Quoted from Clizifer:

Just seen this on YouTube

Listen, I love all the "urgency" Tim has created and everyone that is helping him hit that 200K goal. However, the sky is not falling as the above blogger video suggests. Time is of the essence, that is for sure. Tim is at needing less then $78K on the go fund me, and that doesn't account for private donations.

Yes, every dollar helps and I have donated a couple of times myself. To call the project bankrupt is a bit of a reach and kind of an insult to the people you are asking money from.

#655 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Yes, every dollar helps and I have donated a couple of times myself. To call the project bankrupt is a bit of a reach and kind of an insult to the people you are asking money from.

Yes, it seemed like a little too much hyperbole. It's a short-term cash crunch, not bankruptcy.

#656 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, it seemed like a little too much hyperbole. It's a short-term cash crunch, not bankruptcy.

aka - Clickbait

#657 3 years ago

Wish I could buy a copy of the new floorplan/drawing, would put it on my wall like a poster. That place is going to be beautiful.

#658 3 years ago

Tim here with a quick update.

I have been spending a LOT of time in the last week handling many little details on getting the new building's CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY. The work is almost all done, all that remains is finishing the electric coming up out of the floor in long rows behind the games. This should be done Monday or Tuesday next week. Then we can call for a first inspection, which will allows us to load in equipment, but not open to the public.

We are crossing the finish line on the building side, but remember, the billing lags by 30 days, so we still have to pay up first of the month. Then, when it is all done, there is a 5 percent retention that has to be paid 45 days after we get the keys. That will be 150 large. Then there is the low voltage systems like camera, alarm, and audio which will require another 60 to 100K.

Then there is the second half of the signage due on completion, 270K.

I am still doing a lot of media to get more NEW people to contribute and get us to 200K. As you can see by the above video, sometimes they use language that is not really appropriate. We are NOT going bankrupt, we are having a classic cash flow problem, brought on by the worst drop in income for the amusement class in modern history. I am not crying wolf here. We had a plan. A good, solid, well thought out and cautious plan. All we thought was going to in the bank did not show up.

PLEASE, if you can help, send some money to the gofundme. Or contact me directly about a large donation without the fees. If you have another group, hobby or interest where you can push this fundraiser, LINK LIKE CRAZY!

I thank you. The staff thanks you. Even the PORANGE thanks you!

#659 3 years ago

Donated again. Lets keep this going.

#660 3 years ago

My personal goal was to donate $500 and I am doing that with $100 per payday. I have donated 3 times so far and will send more on the 28th and then the 15th. Its only a very small part of what is needed, but every little bit helps!

#661 3 years ago

donated again! Let's do this!

#662 3 years ago

Donated again! Plus just booked tickets to Vegas for March so I can support in person!

#663 3 years ago

Just doubled up my previous donation. https://gofund.me/0ccf1d66

#664 3 years ago

I think there's room for some creativity here, if you donate "X" you get a Physical "Token" / Coin, which can be redeemed upon opening for "Tour Of the Shop" or Free Game, or Favorite Game set on Freeplay for the day... Dinner with Tim, Pick is brain about "X", I think you could come up with cool "Rewards" for certain tiers. No?

#665 3 years ago

"Dinner with Tim"...... LLLLLLMFAO!
    How aboot dinner with Tim AND Clay????
    Maybe the LVPCC would pay someone $3K to endure that?

#666 3 years ago

If you buy a T-shirt while visiting PHOF ($20), you get access to the new building for their soft opening.

#667 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

"Dinner with Tim"...... LLLLLLMFAO!
    How aboot dinner with Tim AND Clay????

Been there, done that...

At in and out burger with Michael Schiess (pacific pinball museum), Tim, Clay and me. In Las Vegas ready to go to Banning Ca pinball show 2015.

TCMD (resized).jpgTCMD (resized).jpg
    #668 3 years ago

Why not just presell 1 year memberships??

#669 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Why not just presell 1 year memberships??

He kinda already did.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-to-close)

My name will be on the wall.

#670 3 years ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

Been there, done that...
    At in and out burger with Michael Schiess (pacific pinball museum), Tim, Clay and me. In Las Vegas ready to go to Banning Ca pinball show 2015.[quoted image]

Looks like the In-N-Out location on Maryland Parkway by UNLV. Not that I'm familiar with the Las Vegas In-N-Out locations.

By the way, my condolences to you for enduring the two guys sitting across from you.

#671 3 years ago

the trop building is available for sale or lease. in the description, you can see the proposed plans for the car wash next door. i wonder if that project still has the green light.

https://looplink.roicre.com/Listing/1610-E-Tropicana-Ave-Las-Vegas-NV/21081074/

#672 3 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

the trop building is available for sale or lease. in the description, you can see the proposed plans for the car wash next door. i wonder if that project still has the green light.
    https://looplink.roicre.com/Listing/1610-E-Tropicana-Ave-Las-Vegas-NV/21081074/

Shhhh.....
    Nobody was supposed to know aboot that.

#673 3 years ago

I have been to the PHOF once, and hope to return (if things ever get back close to normal). I did have the pleasure of meeting Tim and he was kind enough to speak to me for a few minutes. I just sent a contribution and will do another soon. It's a worthwhile cause, in my book.

#674 3 years ago

I am slightly confused. word I heard Tim was a millionaire like over 25 years ago?

#675 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I am slightly confused. word I heard Tim was a millionaire like over 25 years ago?

He pissed it all away on pinball rubbers, LEDs, and ...oh yeah, charity!

#676 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

I think I remember reading that he put up a private loan of >$1M from himself to the business.

#677 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:I am slightly confused. word I heard Tim was a millionaire like over 25 years ago?

Haters Gonna Hate...
    Please don't play dumb.

#678 3 years ago

Hey Guy's - looks like the PHOF has made its goal !!

#679 3 years ago

Great story. Congratulations to the entire hobby and everybody who made this happen

#680 3 years ago

Superb! Best wishes to all who contributed!

#681 3 years ago

Wow Tim! Congrats!
    Thank you for building us the best pinball building ever!
    And Thank you Steve.

#682 3 years ago

CONGRATS!

#683 3 years ago

So here's what happened.

I got a routine request for an interview from a blogger. This happens ALL the time. It is our policy to give EVERYONE equal attention, from high school students doing a class project to the NBC Nightly news. Steven, the guy you see in the VLOG, showed up here at the appointed time. We "rapped" (as the kids say), and I gave him out tale of financial hardship. He left, and I went back to fixing pinball machines.

Unknown to me, Steven was working on getting LINKED (as the kids say) to others who might have an interest in helping. Well, he found A GUY. He was told to come over and pick up a check for the total amount we needed to finish up. We didn't want his name revealed, so from this day forward, he will just be "The Guy". Strangely enough, I knew him, having gone over to his house about 10 years ago. He is a very nice guy, he had been following our progress from the rental space next to the movie theater to our building on Trop, and I guess it all came together.

I am going to let the Gofundme run for a while longer. One reason is that we are going to have a full page article in the Washington Post Sunday travel section this weekend, and a few more bucks might flow in.

On the building front, we are waiting for a final permit and installation of a monitor on the fire riser to detect water movement and alert an alarm company. Then we will call for a final inspection, and the Fire Department will clear us to move in equipment and set up, BUT NOT OPEN FOR BUSINESS. That will take another set if inspections from the BULDING DEPARTMENT and PUBLIC WORKS. Then we get our Certificate of Occupancy, and we can open AFTER we switch the business licenses from Trop to the Strip. We have to be out of our old space by April 5th, or pay a very large rent for more time. That gives us 30 days to get stuff sitting in the Hit Shed ready to PLUG AND GO, brought over, and stuff from Trop that will not be needed on the Strip put back in the Hit Shed. Then, as we get closer to the wire, we will start to empty Trop, one load at a time, and one night close there for ever, and open the next morning on the Strip.

This is a VERY soft opening. It will allow us to work on getting stuff running, while the public gets the chance to keep having fun without interruption.

As far as a GRAND OPENING, I am thinking that it should happen the evening of JULY 1st. The big annual Jukebox and Game Operators trade show will be ending at the Convention Center, and many industry people will be able to attend, along with anyone who has contributed to our efforts. I doubt we will be at 700 games on that date, but we will give it our best. I will announce more details soon.

Last of all, I must THANK everyone who helped. The outpouring of good wishes and kind words has lifted our spirts as well as our ability to finish.

#684 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

So here's what happened.
    I got a routine request for an interview from a blogger. This happens ALL the time. It is our policy to give EVERYONE equal attention, from high school students doing a class project to the NBC Nightly news. Steven, the guy you see in the VLOG, showed up here at the appointed time. We "rapped" (as the kids say), and I gave him out tale of financial hardship. He left, and I went back to fixing pinball machines.
    Unknown to me, Steven was working on getting LINKED (as the kids say) to others who might have an interest in helping. Well, he found A GUY. He was told to come over and pick up a check for the total amount we needed to finish up. We didn't want his name revealed, so from this day forward, he will just be "The Guy". Strangely enough, I knew him, having gone over to his house about 10 years ago. He is a very nice guy, he had been following our progress from the rental space next to the movie theater to our building on Trop, and I guess it all came together.
    I am going to let the Gofundme run for a while longer. One reason is that we are going to have a full page article in the Washington Post Sunday travel section this weekend, and a few more bucks might flow in.
    On the building front, we are waiting for a final permit and installation of a monitor on the fire riser to detect water movement and alert an alarm company. Then we will call for a final inspection, and the Fire Department will clear us to move in equipment and set up, BUT NOT OPEN FOR BUSINESS. That will take another set if inspections from the BULDING DEPARTMENT and PUBLIC WORKS. Then we get our Certificate of Occupancy, and we can open AFTER we switch the business licenses from Trop to the Strip. We have to be out of our old space by April 5th, or pay a very large rent for more time. That gives us 30 days to get stuff sitting in the Hit Shed ready to PLUG AND GO, brought over, and stuff from Trop that will not be needed on the Strip put back in the Hit Shed. Then, as we get closer to the wire, we will start to empty Trop, one load at a time, and one night close there for ever, and open the next morning on the Strip.
    This is a VERY soft opening. It will allow us to work on getting stuff running, while the public gets the chance to keep having fun without interruption.
    As far as a GRAND OPENING, I am thinking that it should happen the evening of JULY 1st. The big annual Jukebox and Game Operators trade show will be ending at the Convention Center, and many industry people will be able to attend, along with anyone who has contributed to our efforts. I doubt we will be at 700 games on that date, but we will give it our best. I will announce more details soon.
    Last of all, I must THANK everyone who helped. The outpouring of good wishes and kind words has lifted our spirts as well as our ability to finish.

Godspeed on your opening, so many great people having a lot to do with the success of this fundraiser, it's uplifting to see everything come into place for the PHOF!!!

#685 3 years ago

I'm gonna guess it was Nic Cage, since he moved to Vegas around 2006.

And, well.....

Edit: Maybe not, 'a house' he owned was foreclosed in 2010.

#686 3 years ago

Awesome news! I will be in Vegas on July 31 and August 1st, so I will get a chance to visit the new location. Can't wait!

#687 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

So here's what happened.

Congrats on your big “clams” or “bones” or “bananas” (as the kids say)!
    I’ve never been to Vegas but I hope to visit soon! The only reason would be for the PHOF and Pinball Circus.

#688 3 years ago

Great news, cant wait to visit the new arcade!!

#689 3 years ago

Awesome news Tim! Congrats. I know there's a lot left to do but hopefully you'll sleep a little easier.

#690 3 years ago
    57CB92A8-4D71-4EC4-B152-3F10A2A46358 (resized).jpeg57CB92A8-4D71-4EC4-B152-3F10A2A46358 (resized).jpeg
    #692 3 years ago

Wonderful news!! Congrats Tim and Beth!! See you on July 1st!!

#693 3 years ago

This is unbelievable -- congrats Tim!!!

See you at the new PHoF when it opens!

#694 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

So here's what happened.
    Well, he found A GUY. He was told to come over and pick up a check for the total amount we needed to finish up. We didn't want his name revealed, so from this day forward, he will just be "The Guy".

That's great news. Somehow I stumbled into this thread last night, and then spend the next 2 hours reading about you and the PHOF. I came away convinced that you are quite possibly the most straight shooting genuine guy I've seen in a long time. Your passion is obvious, and your distaste for anything that doesn't work towards achieving your goals is admirable.

Even though I didn't know any of the story, history, or anything about the man with the plan, I've always stopped in at PHOF and played a few games whenever I'm in vegas. I will now obviously do the same thing, but I'll feel much more connected. I dropped some coin in the jar, and I am seriously excited to see what happens at this new location.

timarnold , the only other thing I'll say is that I SERIOUSLY hope that when you get a chance to catch your breath just a little bit, you start to focus on the next steps for the next generation at PHOF. Like you've mentioned, you can't do this forever, and if someone had to PULL THE CHAIN, STOP THE RIDE, it would be an absolute crying shame that I know you and nobody else wants

Good luck, and congrats.

#695 3 years ago

That's great! I'm looking forward to checking out the new location when I am in LV in late April.

#696 3 years ago

Tim,
    Maybe you could organize a few dates for volunteers to come down and help setup. Since there are no shows this spring, I’d love to come to Vegas for a weekend to help out.

#697 3 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Since there are no shows this spring, I’d love to come to Vegas for a weekend to help out.

What he said!

#698 3 years ago

Sign me up

#699 3 years ago

Congrats to Tim and the whole crew! I was planning on making another donation on payday (March 1). Maybe I’ll save it and the April/May/June payday donations and come on July 1 to make a 5x donation... in QUARTERS! Can’t wait!!!!!!!

Hey Tim, please make sure your A/C is up to snuff. Vegas in July... hot...hot...hot!

#700 3 years ago

Eagerly waiting for more pictures.

There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money/page/14?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.