Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.
    #551 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Uncle Pinball is done with the haters and backseat drivers. But he's stoked on his new Trident controlled by an Arduino Nano with boss new code. Also other stuff.
    If you are a real pinhead and want to "support pinball," donate to PHOF. If you aren't and/or don't, we don't need to hear about it. For once, yes, this is a thread that should be a love fest with nobody "just saying." Put up or shut up.
    https://gofund.me/8fe844b5
    Episode #65 is live on my website and will be soon everywhere else.
    https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

Another good episode. Thanks for the shout out, Brotha!

#552 3 years ago

I saw the amount go over $100K and said to myself, “Self, all we need now is for everybody who has donated to just do it again and we’re at the goal!”

I’m sure some of you/us went all in on your first donation, but for those of us (myself included) who donated a comfortable amount, doubling up isn’t too hard. New month, new paycheck, new donation to the PHOF! C’mon, let’s do it. I’ll go first!

Donated again.

#553 3 years ago

I will donate again tomorrow! Go team payday donations.

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I saw the amount go over $100K and said to myself, “Self, all we need now is for everybody who has donated to just do it again and we’re at the goal!”
    I’m sure some of you/us went all in on your first donation, but for those of us (myself included) who donated a comfortable amount, doubling up isn’t too hard. New month, new paycheck, new donation to the PHOF! C’mon, let’s do it. I’ll go first!
    Donated again.

EXACTLY! For those people who "Dug Deep" already a second donation might be asking for TOO MUCH but for people who have giving a few dollars that can afford to do it again it would make a huge difference. And new donations would help gain some ground also.

The thing I like about a donation to PHOF is to donation will not stop at PHOF. Once "the bills are paid" Tim with be going back to doing his non profit work and donating HUGE amounts of money to charity again. A donation to PHOF is actually a donation to many great causes just passing through PHOF on the way for a few months. It isn't often that one donation actually becomes a bigger donation down the road!

Tim isn't asking for money so he can keep that money he is asking to "borrow that money" for a short term so he can turn it into a bigger donation down the road. WIN-WIN-WIN because a win for PHOF opening with as little debt as possible is a win for charities in the future, a win for PHOF to open on time and a win for everyone in the pinball community having the biggest & most bad ass arcade of all time. Money well spent in my eyes.

#555 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Tim isn't asking for money so he can keep that money he is asking to "borrow that money" for a short term so he can turn it into a bigger donation down the road

This $200K is 100% not borrowed, it is GIFTED money.

Definition of Borrowed Funds:
    Money one has received from another party with the agreement that it will be repaid. Most borrowed funds are repaid with interest, meaning the borrower pays a certain percentage of the principal amount to the lender as compensation for borrowing.

A Go Fund Me is asking for a "GIFT" of money. Tim will not be repaying ANY of us that have donated. What Tim will do is put the money to good use so that after the debt that is owed to the lenders he has BORROWED from is paid off, he can start giving to charities again.

Are you SURE you don't have a political past?

#556 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This $200K is 100% not borrowed, it is GIFTED money.
    Definition of Borrowed Funds:
    Money one has received from another party with the agreement that it will be repaid. Most borrowed funds are repaid with interest, meaning the borrower pays a certain percentage of the principal amount to the lender as compensation for borrowing.
    A Go Fund Me is asking for a "GIFT" of money. Tim will not be repaying ANY of us that have donated. What Tim will do is put the money to good use so that after the debt that is owed to the lenders he has BORROWED from is paid off, he can start giving to charities again.
    Are you SURE you don't have a political past?

I think what dude meant was, that Tim will eventually donate that much money, and then some, to charities.

#557 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I think what dude meant was, that Tim will eventually donate that much money, and then some, to charities.

Agreed. Giving to Tim is giving to a deductible 503C charity not some struggling for profit barcade. Tim pays any money he receives forward.

#558 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheOnlyest:

EXACTLY - Any money you donate to PHOF will end up going to charity once the bills are paid. Not your exact same money but since PHOF donates all money coming in to charity (after operating expenses are paid) donating to PHOF now is just a delayed donation to some other charity. So Tim is not asking for a handout - he is asking for a donation to a good cause that in the end will become an even bigger donation to some charities.

Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed. Giving to Tim is giving to a deductible 503C charity not some struggling for profit barcade. Tim pays any money he receives forward.

Again exactly the point I was trying to make a few post earlier.

So donating to PHOF not only helps the hobby but it is also a donation that will be multiplied and paid forward. I think some people are forgetting that and looking at it like Tim is begging for money so he can make more money. Tim doesn't keep any of the money he makes - that is what makes PHOF one of a kind unique and a very special cause.

#559 3 years ago
    Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Donated again.

Being retired & on Social Security I am trying to give all I can even though I doubt I'll make it out to see the new place once it is done. I am waiting to get paid for a couple items I sold on eBay and then I'll make donation #5. Even though I am not giving as much as I would like to each time I am doing what I can with any excess funds I can put together once the bills are paid.

#560 3 years ago

Donation made. Good luck Tim and team, hope it all works out and the PHOF can thrive again after this god awful virus goes away. Keep your head up!

#562 3 years ago

Tim here with an update!

WE HAVE PASSED THE HALFWAY MARK!

Thanks to every one who has helped.

We are trying VERY hard to keep the momentum going by getting as many NON PINSIDERS involved as we can. In the last 3 days, I have given interviews with ABC News, The Washington Post, and 3 local bloggers. I have been contacting everybody I knew in the games bizz going back 50 years and calling in favors and INSISTIMG that they get us linked to their pages. All 4 of the local TeeVee stations have done a story on us. The local Newspaper and the free entertainment paper have all given us space, and we have been hitting everyone who walks through the door here on Tropicana to buy a shirt or go to Gofundme.

We will have a new video on Faces book on Saturday, with a tour of The Hit Shed, showing all the equipment that is ready to go the day we get the last inspection on the new space.

The power company, after a 6 week delay FINALLY got the power hooked up Tuesday, and now the Mechanical and Air Conditioning people are running tests. We have the final drawings needed to get the electric up out of the slab and hooked to plug boxes. On Wed. morning, our final approval of the new signage was given by the County Commission, so the BIG sign on the street can start fabrication, and the 38 foot tall word PINBALL across the front can be installed and lit.

We have been spending the last few 60 degree days out in the back yard here on Trop getting parts sorted, garbage thrown away and cleaning up getting ready to turn the OLD SAME PLACE over to the Car Wash Guys.

Pinlifters, hand trucks and the lift gate on the truck are all lubricated and ready to roll.

If you can afford a gift, PLEASE! If you are tight right now, perhaps you can get your interweb friends involved by pressing a button and making them aware of our fundraiser.

All of us here are working 7 days a week full out until we open.

THAK YOU AGAIN !

#563 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

38 foot tall word PINBALL across the front

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!

#564 3 years ago

Donated again!

#565 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

the 38 foot tall word PINBALL across the front can be installed and lit.

This will be awesome to see at night time. It's just far enough south on the strip that it wont get lost with all the other lights.

#566 3 years ago

Second donation sent.

Let's get this DONE !

#567 3 years ago

Wouldn't it be a great Valentines Gift to the hobby and the PHOF to hit the $200,000 goal for Valentines Day!

Come on guys we are almost 1/2 way there in 12 days that gives us almost another three weeks to make this happen and take some stress off Tim as a Valentines gift to him & the PHOF.

Donation sent. I am also getting Tim a nice box of chocolates.

#568 3 years ago

Three hour no activity bump

#569 3 years ago

Donated. great place / great cause.

#570 3 years ago

Glad to see this thread becoming more positive. This really is an amazing place and everyone who donates their time to keep it running is wonderful. As someone who has been supporting PHOF since the beginning, I cannot wait to be there at the opening.

#571 3 years ago
    Quoted from PilotPinball:

Glad to see this thread becoming more positive. This really is an amazing place and everyone who donates their time to keep it running is wonderful. As someone who has been supporting PHOF since the beginning, I cannot wait to be there at the opening.

I really don't think this thread was ever really negative. Some people think Tim "could or should" do things differently and that is fine. Some people took personal offense to the suggestion people were not doing enough and that is fine also. In the end love him or hate him you will be hard pressed to find anyone any more up front about his beliefs and business plan than Tim.

Bottom line is Tim is all about preserving pinball and giving to charity and that is what his life has been about for over 20 years. How many other guys who have attempted to open and run an arcade are still around 20+ years later. And of those how many have given all their profits to charity? Tim has done a hell of a job on all accounts except maybe not being able to keep up with everything. But for a place that is open 7 days a week he even does a pretty good job keeping most of the machines running.

Is it perfect - not by a long shot. But I have never seen anyone do it better and my hat is off to him for that.

#572 3 years ago

I go on Mr Pinball on occasion and always check out the repair tip of the day. Just started noticing that many of them are from Tim. Big thanks to Tim for all the helpful tips over the years. That’s worth a donation in itself.

#573 3 years ago

But I have never seen anyone do it better and my hat is off to him for that.

Yep

#574 3 years ago

I went afew years ago and played so many games. I was there with my wife and another couple for 3 hours and I didn't get enough. It had been alifetime since I seen a ivan Stewart off road game I spent lots of money on that... played the wacky party zone and playing both of them there I came back home to Washington and found an ivan Stewart and bought it as well as a party zone!! ...still have the photo booth strip pictures on my fridge! I would love to attend again next time I'm in Vegas. I donated in hopes to be able to enjoy it again!

20191214_142131 (resized).jpg20191214_142131 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200114-103329_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200114-103329_Instagram (resized).jpg
    #575 3 years ago

Never been to LV. The Strip just isn't an attraction for me. But the one thing I'd really like to see in LV is the PHOF! Donation sent.

#576 3 years ago

Just made my second donation and hope to schedule a Vegas trip in May to be able to assist in the move/setup if they need the help.

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

Never been to LV. The Strip just isn't an attraction for me. But the one thing I'd really like to see in LV is the PHOF! Donation sent.

Just walk the strip and people watch. That is pure entertainment on it's own.

#579 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Just walk the strip and people watch. That is pure entertainment on it's own.

One need not go on Las Vegas Boulevard / The Strip to have fun there. There is Industrial Road, Highland Drive and Paradise Avenue to name a few other streets that can be attractive to some....

#580 3 years ago

Donation made. Had a blast there several years ago when my wife and I went to LV. Was there every day for 4 days as I don't drink or gamble lol. What a party animal.

#581 3 years ago

Almost $110,000.00 . Keep it up!

#582 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

One need not go on Las Vegas Boulevard / The Strip to have fun there. There is Industrial Road, Highland Drive and Paradise Avenue to name a few other streets that can be attractive to some....

Those are the empty your wallet places.....no thanks

#583 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I'm not that familiar with Las Vegas but do go on occasion; what kind of attractions are on the streets you name?

#584 3 years ago

Lotta entertainers earning money to pay for College tuition at UNLV.

#585 3 years ago

more clubs ...

just not pinball clubs.

clubs.gifclubs.gif
    #586 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:I'm not that familiar with Las Vegas but do go on occasion; what kind of attractions are on the streets you name?

Hookers- lots of hookers....

#587 3 years ago

Sadly I’ll probably never make it to the USA let alone the phof but it’s one of the main reasons I want to visit so I’ve donated what I could to keep the dream alive

#589 3 years ago

New to the addiction! Been to Vegas a 100+ times...man, can’t believe I missed the PHOF. Will be visiting on the next trip. BOL Tim. Donated.

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

Hookers- lots of hookers....

No wonder I'm not familiar with those streets. Sounds like a great place to avoid.

#591 3 years ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

No wonder I'm not familiar with those streets. Sounds like a great place to avoid.

when walking the strip don't like the guys going girls girls girls girls!

Go to Vegas and play Sigma Derby before it's gone

#592 3 years ago

I was lucky enough to get to PHOF many years ago. I’ve made a donation

#593 3 years ago

Looking forward to a post-COVID era when travel to see the new location and play some pins is a good idea. Looks like it will be a great location.

#594 3 years ago

Is gofundme an "all or nothing" listing like Kickstarter? Or does PHOF pay out what is donated even if goal isn't reached?

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#595 3 years ago

I didn't see this mentioned. Can you do a paypal friends directly to the pinballhalloffame? I'd rather give 100% of my donation to the cause and save the 7% gofundme.

#596 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Is gofundme an "all or nothing" listing like Kickstarter? Or does PHOF pay out what is donated even if goal isn't reached?
    -Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Whatever amount is raised goes directly to PHOF, regardless if they hit the goal.

#597 3 years ago

Finally donated, I want to see this new building sometime soon!

#598 3 years ago

It is nice to see the total raised slowly climbing. It would be nice to see more activity but I am sure Tim is very thankful for every dollar donated.

#599 3 years ago

It is nice to see the total raised slowly climbing. It would be nice to see more activity but I am sure Tim is very thankful for every dollar donated.

Many people get paid on the 15th and 30th and there has been a bit of a spike after each of these dates. The 15th is coming up and people will donate. His deadline is May. The 200k goal will be hit well before the deadline. Relax.

I'll be sending in another donation after payday as many others are doing as well.

#600 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I didn't see this mentioned. Can you do a paypal friends directly to the pinballhalloffame? I'd rather give 100% of my donation to the cause and save the 7% gofundme.

You can adjust the amount you give to the Go Fund Me. I think it defaults to 7% but you can change it.

There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money/page/12?hl=goyomex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.