Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Ugh. Much confuse.

Yeah...I know.

Well, since you seemed to be so obsessed on such a minor thing...

Downvoted for hijacking a positive thread with so much anger. The weird thing is, you're one of the Pinsiders that have been here for years who I've enjoyed and have upvoted your posts. Not sure why my innocuous post set you off and at this point I no longer care.

Back to important stuff....

Almost at 100k....Lets keep this thread near the top. https://www.gofundme.com/f/new-museum-building-on-las-vegas-strip?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=sms&utm_source=customer-andr

#502 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

How about downvote for acting like an ass?

Yup

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from no-extra-balls:

How about downvote for acting like an ass?

So, I'm the ass for pointing out the wasting of time of someone who needs all the time they need. Get bent lol.

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

So, I'm the ass for pointing out the wasting of time of someone who needs all the time they need.

Yes

#505 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yeah...I know.
    Well, since you seemed to be so obsessed on such a minor thing...
    Downvoted for hijacking a positive thread with so much anger. The weird thing is, you're one of the Pinsiders that have been here for years who I've enjoyed and have upvoted your posts. Not sure why my innocuous post set you off and at this point I no longer care.
    Back to important stuff....
    Almost at 100k....Lets keep this thread near the top. https://www.gofundme.com/f/new-museum-building-on-las-vegas-strip?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_medium=sms&utm_source=customer-andr

You have good taste! Downvote,upvote who cares. I guess I dont appreciate people admitting to wasting peoples time. You and many others do. Cool.

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

So, I'm the ass for pointing out the wasting of time of someone who needs all the time they need. Get bent lol.

Whats that make you? A buttplug? Get bent and realize your time is NOT more valuable than others.

Anyway Tim, sorry we have people bitching about broken pins, yet some revel in the fact they waste your time, and many approve.

Back on topic. Let Tim focus on building this thing, and also a sign that points to merch!! Win win!! Ill pay for the sign, just for those with too much time on their hands!

#507 3 years ago

Truth hurts, suck it up buttercup.

Back on topic. Hopefully Tim has all the time he needs to fix any broken pins, which could drive more visitors. Ill buy the sign that directs people to the merch, you know, so he isn't needlessly bugged!!

#508 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Steve Ritchie donated. So at least Steve has a heart.
    Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

Josh Kugler from AP was a really early contributor too. You can tell the genuine guys. Great stuff our pinball designers and coders.

#509 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Going to visit the pinball HOF is one of my bucket list items.

Me too, maybe after Covid is done and international flights resume to normal. Hopefully soon. Hang in there until then guys and stay safe.

#510 3 years ago

Donation made. I really do suggest that Tim contacts the different manufacturers as well, It could be a great opportunity for both parties. Tim can get a larger piece of necessary financing and the companies could get maybe an area to showcase their new models and possibly sell their merchandise, display their logos and/or have video displays of their machines to draw new home buyers and fans. Considering everyone who enters likes pinball it is a perfect venue for this and not at all a sell out, the opposite a group participation,

Please consider this: The profit from this museum has always gone to charity, a small donation from you today will potentially create 1,000's of dollars of charitable funds over the next decades. You are not only investing in your hobby but also the well being of your country and people who are greatly in need. The direct link to the page to donate is on the second post at the beginning of this feed.

#511 3 years ago

Covid made for a tough 2020 (and continuing in 2021) for a lot of us... You've got to feel for someone who was actively executing big plans for the future when this whammy showed up. Even though Las Vegas is very low on my "go back there" list, it would be a shame to see this vision die and something like a Rite Aid or Marshalls moving in to the space. Plus I know PHOF has used my products in the past and I'm glad to put what I could into the effort.

Quoted from Robo1:

Please consider this: The profit from this museum has always gone to charity, a small donation from you today will potentially create 1,000's of dollars of charitable funds over the next decades. You are not only investing in your hobby but also the well being of your country and people who are greatly in need. The direct link to the page to donate is on the second post at the beginning of this feed.

Great positive, forward-looking statement @robo1. The benefactor(s) of PHOF's big bet help those in need.

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my new Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#512 3 years ago
    Quoted from Robo1:

You are not only investing in your hobby but also the well being of your country and people who are greatly in need.

Well put. Never been there but hope to soon. Donation made.

https://gofund.me/8fe844b5

#513 3 years ago

I threw Timmy fifty bones, never been there, hope they make it!

#514 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Whats that make you? A buttplug? Get bent and realize your time is NOT more valuable than others.

Having a tough day? A shot (or two) of bourbon and some pinball always takes the edge off for me.

#515 3 years ago
    Quoted from NightOwl:

Having a tough day? A shot (or two) of bourbon and some pinball always takes the edge off for me.

My new mantra.

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

My new mantra.

I'ma bring you both one of these days, my brother!

#517 3 years ago

Uncle Pinball is done with the haters and backseat drivers. But he's stoked on his new Trident controlled by an Arduino Nano with boss new code. Also other stuff.

If you are a real pinhead and want to "support pinball," donate to PHOF. If you aren't and/or don't, we don't need to hear about it. For once, yes, this is a thread that should be a love fest with nobody "just saying." Put up or shut up.

Episode #65 is live on my website and will be soon everywhere else.

https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

#518 3 years ago

Why, exactly.

Quoted from NightOwl:

Not really, I just dont understand the need to waste someones time and put them out, if they already know the answer.

Clearly, I was wrong, my apologies to all involved.

#519 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Not really, I just dont understand the need to waste someones time and put them out, if they already know the answer.
    Clearly, I was wrong, my apologies to all involved.

you’ve wasted more of everyone's time posting the same shit over and over.

#520 3 years ago

I am really sad to see there isn't much money coming in each day over the past week or so. People need to understand hitting 1/2 the goal is kind of like having enough gas to make it 1/2 way to an appointment. Yes it does help but you are still not going to make that appointment ON TIME if you have to walk the second 1/2 of the way.

Tim really needs EVERYONE who can to DIG DEEP and donate as much as possible. Coming up "a little short" isn't an option - coming up short will delay the move or kill the PHOF completely.

If I am understanding "the math" delaying moving in could cost PHOF tens of thousands of dollars a month. First off they will not be open to have revenue coming in, second they will be paying a mortgage, utilities, taxes, etc on a NEW building they can not move into, and lastly they will have to move all the machines at least two times. (Once from PHOF old location to storage then again from storage then again from storage to the new PHOF - if it ever opens). On top of that they will also have to cost of moving those machines twice and storage rent WITHOUT income coming in. PLUS the added expense of moving a couple hundred machines twice.

Not making the May 6th deadline would likely kill this project complete just based on added cost of being shut down without any revenue coming in. Originally I kept thinking - so what if they open a month or two later. Then the more I thought about it the more I realized just how bad that could end up being.

WHAT A MESS! It seems like if Tim can't come up with the needed funds this might truly be the end of his mission and the dream of moving into the great new location. All over less than the cost of a couple new pick up trucks or a dozen new pinball machines. Hard to believe this small of a percentage of the cost of the total project could spell the end of PHOF.

Sad - VERY SAD!

#521 3 years ago

Are we allowed to post Pms? Would love to post the crazy shit from that gay museum pinball place

#522 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am really sad to see there isn't much money coming in each day over the past week or so. People need to understand hitting 1/2 the goal is kind of like having enough gas to make it 1/2 way to an appointment. Yes it does help but you are still not going to make that appointment ON TIME if you have to walk the second 1/2 of the way.
    Tim really needs EVERYONE who can to DIG DEEP and donate as much as possible. Coming up "a little short" isn't an option - coming up short will delay the move or kill the PHOF completely.
    If I am understanding "the math" delaying moving in could cost PHOF tens of thousands of dollars a month. First off they will not be open to have revenue coming in, second they will be paying a mortgage, utilities, taxes, etc on a NEW building they can not move into, and lastly they will have to move all the machines at least twice times. (Once from PHOF old location to storage then again from storage then again from storage to the new PHOF - if it ever opens). On top of that they will also have to cost of moving those machines twice and storage rent without income coming in. PLUS the added expense of moving a couple hundred machines twice.
    WHAT A MESS! It seems like if Tim can't come up with the needed funds this might truly be the end of his mission and the dream of moving into the great new location. All over less than the cost of a couple new pick up trucks or a dozen new pinball machines. Hard to believe this small of a percentage of the cost of the total project could spell the end of PHOF.
    Sad - VERY SAD!

Hey I’ve donated three times, I’m a founder, and will donate more but fuck he is not losing a 10mil project over $200k he can get a loan if he wants too shit I’ll loan him $500k tomorrow if he needs it, but people are only going to give what they can afford and the Pinside community is only so large. $100k given I think is still a celebratory number. Will we hit $200k yes I still think so. Relax and STAY POSITIVE!

#523 3 years ago

Thought I would share a PHOF story to keep the thread more upbeat.

Last time I was there I stopped in with a buddy on our way back from Idaho picking up a few machines.
    They had just finished fixing one of the old Mold O-Rama machine that was at Disneyland back in the day. More specifically the one that makes the Donald Duck figurine.
    I sat there watching them tinker on it for a while trying to get it to function properly. There were a few malformed Donal Duck figures off to the side, where I’m guessing didn’t get enough plastic or the mold didn’t fill up all the way.
    They got it dialed in while I was standing there watching, started it up and then there was that smell. A smell I had not smelled since I was a little kid. A smell of melted crayon like plastic, warm and powerful, but not overpowering.
    The guys working on the machine asked if I wanted to try it, so I did. I wound up making two actually (one for each of my kids) and for a brief moment in time I felt like a little kid at Disneyland again.

#524 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Hey I’ve donated three times, I’m a founder, and will donate more but fuck he is not losing a 10mil project over $200k he can get a loan if he wants too shit I’ll loan him $500k tomorrow if he needs it, but people are only going to give what they can afford and the Pinside community is only so large. $100k given I think is still a celebratory number. Will we hit $200k yes I still think so. Relax and STAY POSITIVE!

Maybe you are right - maybe he can get another loan or "pull a rabbit out of his hat". I know many people have stepped up and donated more than once (including me) but there are tens of thousands of people in this hobby - lots of them with "more money than GOD" and it wouldn't hurt them a bit to give to a good cause.

Over the years I have found people who can afford to give typically don't and people who really can't afford to give tend to give the most. The guys who can afford to buy a dozen or more of the latest machines can afford to give more than someone like me (living on a small Social Security income now that I am retired) yet we always seem to be the guys will to dig deep.

I don't know Tim's financial story but I do know when taking on a project like this most people have already stretched themself pretty thin. Asking him to do more really isn't fair either.

My latest post was just stating something that I was thinking about today while I was out clearing over a foot of show off our driveway by hand after our snowblower decided to die. Originally I was thinking "what difference would a couple months make" if Tim just had to close down for a couple months. But after thinking about it today I realized just how expensive that could end up being. And I thought I would remind people of that since many people are likely thinking like I was up until today.

#525 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Last time I was there I stopped in with a buddy on our way back from Idaho picking up a few machines.
    They had just finished fixing one of the old Mold O-Rama machine that was at Disneyland back in the day. More specifically the one that makes the Donald Duck figurine.
    I sat there watching them tinker on it for a while trying to get it to function properly. There were a few malformed Donal Duck figures off to the side, where I’m guessing didn’t get enough plastic or the mold didn’t fill up all the way.
    They got it dialed in while I was standing there watching, started it up and then there was that smell. A smell I had not smelled since I was a little kid. A smell of melted crayon like plastic, warm and powerful, but not overpowering.
    The guys working on the machine asked if I wanted to try it, so I did. I wound up making two actually (one for each of my kids) and for a brief moment in time I felt like a little kid at Disneyland again.

Terrific story!

When I was there last week, I saw that machine which I had forgotten was there.

I called my daughter (who's a Disney addict) to see if she wanted me to get her one. She said "no"; she preferred to come in, put the coins in, wait for it to be made and enjoy the smells that you were speaking of.

I totally understood.

#526 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I'ma bring you both one of these days, my brother!

Looking forward to it!!! First stop: PHOF!

#527 3 years ago

Not a significant inside look, but a picture of the inside on a vegas new station:

https://www.ktnv.com/positivelylv/inside-look-new-location-for-las-vegas-pinball-hall-of-fame

#528 3 years ago
    Quoted from Adydar:

Not a significant inside look, but a picture of the inside on a vegas new station:
    https://www.ktnv.com/positivelylv/inside-look-new-location-for-las-vegas-pinball-hall-of-fame

A link to the fundraiser there, so other peeps besides pinsiders will see it.

#529 3 years ago

If I am understanding "the math" delaying moving in could cost PHOF tens of thousands of dollars a month. First off they will not be open to have revenue coming in, second they will be paying a mortgage, utilities, taxes, etc on a NEW building they can not move into, and lastly they will have to move all the machines at least two times. (Once from PHOF old location to storage then again from storage then again from storage to the new PHOF - if it ever opens). On top of that they will also have to cost of moving those machines twice and storage rent WITHOUT income coming in. PLUS the added expense of moving a couple hundred machines twice.
    Not making the May 6th deadline would likely kill this project complete just based on added cost of being shut down without any revenue coming in. Originally I kept thinking - so what if they open a month or two later. Then the more I thought about it the more I realized just how bad that could end up being.
    Sad - VERY SAD!

I really don't understand so many "down votes" on post just stating the facts as I see them.

I am not saying the people who have donated have not stepped up and done all they can. I am saying unless more people realize how important "timing of money" is for the PHOF Tim could be in big financial trouble.

Tim is a guy who really HATES "WASTING MONEY" and hangs on to every quarter he can trying to do as much good as he can while he is on this earth. Even the slightest delay in getting moved with come with huge financial cost. His dedication to the hobby and to raising money for charity is light years ahead of anyone else I know of in the hobby. For years he has unselfishly share his collection with anyone interested in enjoying it and at the same time has managed to raise millions of dollars for charity. Tim really needs more help to keep things on time. NOT the same people giving more but more people giving a little!

So far his Go-Fund-Me has only gotten around 1600 donations. That isn't a lot of people stepping up when you consider many of us have donated more than once and also the fact that a lot of donations have come from people who are not on Pinside. At a guess I would bet there have been less that 600 or 700 Pinsiders who have actually "stepped up" and giving to a great cause. The the grand scheme of things that really isn't very many people from the Pinside community.

Even if every Pinsider who has ever visited PHOF gave just $10 I am sure this fund raising drive would reach its goal. The question now isn't why people have not given more the question is how can we get more people to give a little?

#530 3 years ago

Donation made...

#531 3 years ago

Donation sent. Good luck with the fundraiser, Tim.
    Wally

#532 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:I really don't understand so many "down votes" on post just stating the facts as I see them.

Everybody on pinside knows about the PHOF and Tim.
    People are re-posting the gofundme link at least once a page.
    Those who can afford to donate will.
    We know you mean well, but your long posts seem to try to shame everyone to donate every dollar they have, NOW.
    $100K in a month is great, I think it will stay steady for a while and there will be a big bump at the end.

#533 3 years ago

I really don't understand so many "down votes"

Because your assessment of the situation is completely wrong and you’ve posted it a billion times. You said:

coming up short will delay the move or kill the PHOF completely.

When timarnold said in post #1:

Quoted from timarnold:

Or we could borrow more money.

#534 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

This thread has really shown me the good and bad of Pinside and has changed my opinion of some members for the positive or negative.

Well you know what they say, if you aren't first you're last!

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well you know what they say, if you aren't first you're last!

*ain't

#536 3 years ago

Sad - VERY SAD!

Someone please explain to Lassie that Timmy can only fall in the well so many times.

#538 3 years ago

Folks,

I love the Pinball Hall of Fame and think Tim Arnold is a pretty damn straightforward person. He is also one hell of a shrewd businessman. Cheap by design and frugal by nature. There is no way in the blazing Las Vegas Sun that Tim is going to allow this venture to fail. Just isn't going to happen. What he is doing is using an unconventional way to raise another needed $200K, and now at this point, it's down to a $100K. If you understand business, finances and the true "costs of money" and combine that with Tim's personal version of business prowess, then you understand Tim's whole concept and reasons for this particular Go Fund Me. Standing ovation and the cover of Money magazine if he pulls this off.

All the credit in the world to Tim on this one and hey, he got my donation. I just happen to believe in his plight

#539 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Because your assessment of the situation is completely wrong and you’ve posted it a billion times. You said:

When timarnold said in post #1:

Tim was also "quoted" on a recent podcast saying if he can not raise the funds the move might be dead in the water. Originally when I was reading everything posted here my first thoughts were "no big deal" but yesterday I realized this shortfall COULD actually be a huge deal for the future of PHOF.

I know I tend to post WAY TOO MUCH on some topics sometimes but my thought process is new people are always seeing a topic for the first time and only look back a few post. For anyone sick of seeing my post they can always just skip over them or hide what I am posting.

The main thing at this point is to help Tim get the money he needs to make the move ON TIME. Those who love PHOF (or what Tim does for charity) should do all they can to help. The people who really don't give a shit are likely not looking at this topic anyway.

I wish Tim & PHOF all the best. I know Tim has spent most of the past 20 years doing what he can to "give back" and I respect that more than I can put into words. There are so many selfish people in the world today it is refreshing to see someone devote the time he does (for free) and giving as much as he has to charity. He is a great example of how much one person can make a big difference.

#540 3 years ago

Less than $350 away from being 1/2 way home!

https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

#541 3 years ago

I really don't understand so many "down votes" on post just stating the facts as I see them.

Relax, all a downvote means is that someone doesn't agree with you. It's nothing to worry aboot.

#542 3 years ago

Last week when I took the current pictures of the new location I went to the current one played and then sought Tim out to say Thank you for all that he does.

And donated more money.

Rock on.

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Would love to post the crazy shit from that gay museum pinball place

Says all that anyone needs to know about you. I'm not in any way, shape or form sticking up for Gameseum, but explain to me, why the homophobic slur? Do you think it's clever? Do you think it's funny? Do you prop yourself up by denigrating others? I would like an explanation. And what on earth does this have to do with the PHOF?

Just donated. Great job closing in on 100k everyone! https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

#544 3 years ago

When TA made one of the videos I was curious how power to the games was going to be routed. Didn't see how hundreds of drops from the ceiling could be done. But it appears that the power will be sunk into the floor along the lines of how the games will be lined up. Looking forward to visiting and have made a donation.

#545 3 years ago

< $100. to push this thing over $100K!!

#546 3 years ago

Tim was also "quoted" on a recent podcast saying if he can not raise the funds the move might be dead in the water. Originally when I was reading everything posted here my first thoughts were "no big deal" but yesterday I realized this shortfall COULD actually be a huge deal for the future of PHOF.
    I know I tend to post WAY TOO MUCH on some topics sometimes but my thought process is new people are always seeing a topic for the first time and only look back a few post. For anyone sick of seeing my post they can always just skip over them or hide what I am posting.
    The main thing at this point is to help Tim get the money he needs to make the move ON TIME. Those who love PHOF (or what Tim does for charity) should do all they can to help. The people who really don't give a shit are likely not looking at this topic anyway.
    I wish Tim & PHOF all the best. I know Tim has spent most of the past 20 years doing what he can to "give back" and I respect that more than I can put into words. There are so many selfish people in the world today it is refreshing to see someone devote the time he does (for free) and giving as much as he has to charity. He is a great example of how much one person can make a big difference.

RELAX!!

PHOF is going to happen just fine. Tim is a very smart man.

#547 3 years ago

Well, we’re over the halfway mark now.

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Wow, that brought me back! Have not thought of that smell for decades...
    What a great story, thank you for sharing

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

There was one of those at Cal Extreme awhile back! So killer.

#550 3 years ago

Just spent a couple hours at the pinball hall of fame and I was impressed with the game function compared to some other places I have been recently. Flew in from NC and bought a couple t-shirts as well. All the games that were turned off I assume were because of social distancing but I didn’t mind. Most of the ones I really wanted to play were ready to go with new balls and flipper/sling rubbers as well. Looking forward to coming back in a couple weeks to see if my high score on avengers and Indians Jones still stands. This is such a cool place to visit and I hope the new building/location works itself out soon.

There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money/page/11?hl=lowbeau67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.