Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,151 posts
  • 337 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_732303621409397 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1975 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1973 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1972 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1971 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1968 (resized).JPG
    858130df12416475a5cd5bb73602cfff.gif
    tumblr_9ee87d544743177d9d136917fe11e1a7_032c26e6_500 (resized).jpg
    A06C74E7-1674-4652-97BF-A32CD8B36436 (resized).jpeg
    177063FD-0BDF-4377-A2CC-D665EBC085D2 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221229_131552_Chrome (resized).jpg
    DCA49D93-4F81-4ED0-AC63-6E4E2D811AEA (resized).jpeg
    B92C2451-B14B-436E-BC21-4B28458E8982 (resized).jpeg
    20140824142944833 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0662 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.
    #451 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

This guy gets it!

To me, Tim's a rock star.

I approached him to ask where to buy T-shirts even though I knew where they were. Just wanted to say "Hi" but wanted a reason to bug him.

Now I can't get the image of him with his headlight out of my mind.

#452 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He's prolly wearing it right now!

#453 3 years ago

Wow, looks great thanks for taking these photos. Very close to completion, parking lot paved and striped, light poles in, curb and gutter done.

I guess The Mandalay Bay will be the new pinheads hotel of choice, no more Uber rides down to the old place!

Let’s do this!

https://gofund.me/8fe844b5

Quoted from lmcdonald111:

When I got in town - I drove right by the new Hall of Fame building. I stopped and took pictures of the area of the New Pinball Hall of Fame. What a great location and building! Wow.

#454 3 years ago

Donated. Bump. Good luck!

#455 3 years ago

Have I missed the address of the new building posted? Curious to take a look on Google Maps.

#456 3 years ago
    Quoted from Engine09:

Have I missed the address of the new building posted? Curious to take a look on Google Maps.

4915 S. Las Vegas Boulevard, next to the Harley-Davidson dealership, not far from the “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign and Mandalay Bay.

LTG : )

#457 3 years ago

Google maps still shows it as a vacant lot. But if you are just looking for location, should be right next to the Harley shop and across the street from the police station.

Quoted from Engine09:

#458 3 years ago

Thanks, love the new location, can't wait to get out there again.

A few years ago I spent the entire day there, showed up at 11AM and left just before 11PM. One break to hit a taco stand and that was it.

Let's hope things get back to normal and Tim meets his goal so we can all plan some trips.

#459 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

maybe borrow some money from salvation army...You gave them alot over the years. you could now use it for the building

@mikepin.... lol. 23 down votes and 0 up votes. You win the internet this week.

#460 3 years ago

Donated. I usually winter in Las Vegas so I have visited the PBHF about 5 times a year for the last seven years. I've had a great time on every visit.

#461 3 years ago

Donated, looks like a good location for PHOF.

PHOF Las Vegas (resized).JPGPHOF Las Vegas (resized).JPG
    #462 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I approached him to ask where to buy T-shirts even though I knew where they were. Just wanted to say "Hi" but wanted a reason to bug him.

You need this on a T-Shirt

TA Drawing (resized).jpgTA Drawing (resized).jpg
    #463 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

[quoted image]

Wearing a shirt with that image would require you to carry and swing a baseball bat to keep all the babes off of you.

#464 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallLocks:

So in!

#465 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budwin:

Donated, looks like a good location for PHOF.

Play 18 holes and then head to the PHOF.

#466 3 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

Play 18 holes and then head to the PHOF.

Perfect day right there!

#467 3 years ago

Bumpin' to keep this sticky. 90 grand. Almost halfway there!
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/new-museum-building-on-las-vegas-strip

Listen to another operator who is taking some punishment in these times: https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/

#468 3 years ago

Good spot for the wedding reception after getting married at the wedding chapel, posing for pictures at the Las Vegas sign and then driving off on your new Harley or going on a celebratory helicopter ride. Walkable from Mandalay Bay although I won't recommend it in the summer.

#469 3 years ago

Well, another payday, another donation. Hoping Tim gets enough to see this through!

https://gofund.me/0ccf1d66

#470 3 years ago

My donation is in. We are all going to help make this happen.

I want to live to have Tim yell at me another day! I walked into PHOF one afternoon with an In N Out iced tea. As soon as my 1st quarter dropped Tim walked right up and said you need to get rid off that right now. I did feel like an idiot.

#471 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

My donation is in. We are all going to help make this happen.
    I want to live to have Tim yell at me another day! I walked into PHOF one afternoon with an In N Out iced tea. As soon as my 1st quarter dropped Tim walked right up and said you need to get rid off that right now. I did feel like an idiot.

You could have done with the iced tea what someone did with the "Fresh, Hot, Delicious and Nutritious" popcorn (Pre-Covid pic) right in front of Tim. Then you'd never have to worry aboot setting foot back inside

10 2018 20181012_112342 (resized).jpg10 2018 20181012_112342 (resized).jpg
    #472 3 years ago

Hoping all that can do so donate to help Tim get this thing over the finish line. Donation complete! Almost to 100K - sweet!!! Let's keep it rolling.

#473 3 years ago

So that big arse billboard in the new parking lot, does the PHOF own that or city of Las Vegas?

#474 3 years ago

Sadly donations are slowing way down (under $1000 a day the last three days * if you don't include one or two big donations). At this rate things are not looking good. It really makes me sad to think that the tens of thousands of people in this hobby can't find it in their heart to support the biggest & best arcade on the planet. Every few dollars helps but there are just not enough people stepping up?

I realize times are tough for some people but 1/3 of the people in this country are doing as well (or better) than ever. I fully understand people who are having a tough go of things not stepping up but there should be plenty of people with some extra money for enough donations to come in to keep PHOF from closing. Close isn't going to cut it if I am understand things correctly. Tim didn't ask for twice as much as he needs - he asked for about 1/2 of what the shortfall is.

Please help if you can!

https://gofund.me/37f7e2b2

#475 3 years ago

Update.

Got the latest progress report from the builder.

Now 97 percent done. Only the electric coming up out of the floor, some concrete and landscaping in front and the asphalt in the rear remain.

We have also been delayed by several weeks by the refusal of the power company to get off their asses and run the wire down the high voltage lines along the Strip in front down the pole and into our new transformer. For the first time we now have a date, this Tuesday Feb. 2nd. We have been using a temporary power hook up with only 40 amps of 110 volt so far in the construction, coming from the Airport property to the rear. The full hookup will allow us to test fire systems, air conditioning and BIG ASS FANS in preparation for final inspection and CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY.

The signage is on the agenda for the County Commission meeting this Wed. Feb. 3rd. (We are not inside the City of Las Vegas, but in the unincorporated County). Staff has recommended approval, so it should be a done deal.

Around the old place things are picking up a little. Still not a lot of out-of-state plates in the parking lot, but a few more locals are venturing out of their bunkers. We also got a thousand dollars to rent out to a Hollywood movie shoot featuring 5 FINGER DEATH PUNCH. The credit card used for business purchases had a $2000 rewards balance that we claimed. We have also begun selling t-shirts, now that we won our case with the State Tax Commission. All these and other little things we are doing will add up to more help to get us across the finish line.

But the main thing that is going to make the difference is DONATIONS FROM YOU! AS shown by our Gofundme total so far, we are almost half way to our goal! Spread the word, send a little, or a lot, and together we will get this done.

Thanks!

Tim

#476 3 years ago
    Quoted from mwiz:

So that big arse billboard in the new parking lot, does the PHOF own that or city of Las Vegas?

Neither. Lamar Outdoor has a long-term lease on the sign that cannot be broken. It was included in the deed for the land if I understood correctly.

Also note that the property is located in Enterprise, Nevada.

#477 3 years ago

Donated. I love the PBHOF and it was one of the main experiences that got me into pinball. I am looking forward to a post COVID road trip back there. Hope it all gets past the finish line. It looks huge!

#478 3 years ago

I didn’t read the entire thread so apologies if already addressed-
    Page 1 someone suggested the pin manufacturers each donate a pin to a raffle to raise funds - great idea ! Has anyone reached out to them to ask ? Even pro / base models would probably raise a quick 25 G’s , no ?

Edit - assuming 3-4 pins - 1 each company

#479 3 years ago

Stern is a manufacturing company, not a pinball company.

Hence they are not a part of our hobby.
    All Stern wants is your money.
    Not give it away.

But..... if you look at the list of donors, on the GoFundMe site, Steve Ritchie donated. So at least Steve has a heart.

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#480 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Stern is a manufacturing company, not a pinball company.
    Hence they are not a part of our hobby.
    All Stern wants is your money.
    Not give it away.
    But..... if you look at the list of donors, on the GoFundMe site, Steve Ritchie donated. So at least Steve has a heart.
    Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

If Steve Richie really donated that is very cool. I was going to say there is no way Stern donates a machine I’ve never heard of them doing anything charitable, please correct me if I’m wrong...

#481 3 years ago

I used to go to Vegas all the time for Computer Shows connected to my work. Never went to PHOF, but I just donated to help keep it alive.

Here's hoping that I can make it there one day.

Thanks to Tim!

#482 3 years ago

In the last ten years I had driven many times from Los Angeles to Vegas. If you have not done this ever, I would do it at least once.

I like to time the sunset as a I roll through Death Valley. You can see the massive solar array, and now you are getting closer!

The first stop in Vegas as I roll in was always the Hall of fame, and will continue to be.

So it makes a perfect beginning to your trip. IMO.

#483 3 years ago

I just made my donation. Let’s keep the money coming in.

#484 3 years ago

Who’s gonna be that donator who pushes this thing over $100k? Getting close to that milestone.

#485 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Sadly donations are slowing way down (under $1000 a day the last three days * if you don't include one or two big donations). At this rate things are not looking good. It really makes me sad to think that the tens of thousands of people in this hobby can't find it in their heart to support the biggest & best arcade on the planet. Every few dollars helps but there are just not enough people stepping up?
    I realize times are tough for some people but 1/3 of the people in this country are doing as well (or better) than ever. I fully understand people who are having a tough go of things not stepping up but there should be plenty of people with some extra money for enough donations to come in to keep PHOF from closing. Close isn't going to cut it if I am understand things correctly. Tim didn't ask for twice as much as he needs - he asked for about 1/2 of what the shortfall is.
    Please help if you can!

Lots of Rich as hell on here could write the check now. I sent my meager amount. If i had a couple mill in the bank, this thread would be closed.

#486 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Soo, hes busy and you felt the need to bug him? How about we leave him alone to build this, unless you wish to greet him, with a $100 in your hand. Damn, I'm no where near as important, but if you come to my cube with some stupid shit, you wont come back again.

Let him work. I dont feel like he wants to be a celebrity, he wont make you one by meeting him.

This is not directed at any one person, but your post is not the first one, so figured I'd address...

I could be wrong and Tim might welcome interruptions every 3 minutes. I doubt I am.

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Lots of Rich as hell on here could write the check now. I sent my meager amount. If i had a couple mill in the bank, this thread would be closed.

Maybe they are rich as hell because they don't write checks. Maybe they don't like ems. Maybe they would rather buy for themselves. People can spend their money on whatever they want. You get to choose what you do with theirs and so do they.

This project will be completed whether they hit the goal or not. Whatever is raised will help.

I'm at a point where I'm coming back daily for the comments at this point!

#488 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Soo, hes busy and you felt the need to bug him? How about we leave him alone to build this, unless you wish to greet him, with a $100 in your hand. Damn, I'm no where near as important, but if you come to my cube with some stupid shit, you wont come back again.
    Let him work. I dont feel like he wants to be a celebrity, he wont make you one by meeting him.
    This is not directed at any one person, but your post is not the first one, so figured I'd address...
    I could be wrong and Tim might welcome interruptions every 3 minutes. I doubt I am.

Damn....Who pissed in your Cheerios?

My "stupid shit" went as follows.

I see Tim standing around not doing anything at the time.

Me: "Hey Tim...congratulations on the new building! Can't wait to see it"

Tim: (gracious as always) "Thanks... It's coming along pretty good!"

Me: "You still have T-shirts?"

Tim: "Yeah...behind the counter."

Me: Thanks...Have a good day!

Tim: "You too!"

It's not like I was the guy that drones on about a pin that I played when I was 12 but can't remember the name of it.

...and for what it's worth, in addition to spending $40 that day at PHOF, I also contributed to his GoFundMe and have been a supporter since '06. Throughout the years, I've contributed way more than the $100 you suggested that I hand him.

You sound like a blast to work with. I'm sure no one dare approach you in your "cube".

#489 3 years ago

Going to visit the pinball HOF is one of my bucket list items.

#490 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I really like the shirt. I’ll wear it often. I like the fact that it’s not flashy.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I like that too. Can you buy on-line? Looked around for a link to the merchandise, but didn't come up with one.

#491 3 years ago
    Quoted from timarnold:

Update.
    Got the latest progress report from the builder.
    Now 97 percent done. Only the electric coming up out of the floor, some concrete and landscaping in front and the asphalt in the rear remain.
    We have also been delayed by several weeks by the refusal of the power company to get off their asses and run the wire down the high voltage lines along the Strip in front down the pole and into our new transformer. For the first time we now have a date, this Tuesday Feb. 2nd. We have been using a temporary power hook up with only 40 amps of 110 volt so far in the construction, coming from the Airport property to the rear. The full hookup will allow us to test fire systems, air conditioning and BIG ASS FANS in preparation for final inspection and CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY.
    The signage is on the agenda for the County Commission meeting this Wed. Feb. 3rd. (We are not inside the City of Las Vegas, but in the unincorporated County). Staff has recommended approval, so it should be a done deal.
    Around the old place things are picking up a little. Still not a lot of out-of-state plates in the parking lot, but a few more locals are venturing out of their bunkers. We also got a thousand dollars to rent out to a Hollywood movie shoot featuring 5 FINGER DEATH PUNCH. The credit card used for business purchases had a $2000 rewards balance that we claimed. We have also begun selling t-shirts, now that we won our case with the State Tax Commission. All these and other little things we are doing will add up to more help to get us across the finish line.
    But the main thing that is going to make the difference is DONATIONS FROM YOU! AS shown by our Gofundme total so far, we are almost half way to our goal! Spread the word, send a little, or a lot, and together we will get this done.
    Thanks!
    Tim

Donation sent. Looking forward to seeing the new place Tim!

#492 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kilowog:

I like that too. Can you buy on-line? Looked around for a link to the merchandise, but didn't come up with one.

I asked earlier in the thread and was told no, but maybe if we get enough interest...hint hint

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kilowog:

No...He sells them only at PHOF at this time.

#494 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I asked earlier in the thread and was told no, but maybe if we get enough interest...hint hint

As much as I'd like a shirt as well, it's probably not something that is worth the time to orchestrate the orders, packing, shipping, tracking, etc.

#495 3 years ago
    Quoted from sparksterz:

As much as I'd like a shirt as well, it's probably not something that is worth the time to orchestrate the orders, packing, shipping, tracking, etc.

In the past I've purchased the TOPS DVD's from his site...same difference!

#496 3 years ago

Donation made. And added PHOF to my bucket list.

#497 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Damn....Who pissed in your Cheerios?
    My "stupid shit" went as follows.
    I see Tim standing around not doing anything at the time.
    Me: "Hey Tim...congratulations on the new building! Can't wait to see it"
    Tim: (gracious as always) "Thanks... It's coming along pretty good!"
    Me: "You still have T-shirts?"
    Tim: "Yeah...behind the counter."
    Me: Thanks...Have a good day!
    Tim: "You too!"
    It's not like I was the guy that drones on about a pin that I played when I was 12 but can't remember the name of it.
    ...and for what it's worth, in addition to spending $40 that day at PHOF, I also contributed to his GoFundMe and have been a supporter since '06. Throughout the years, I've contributed way more than the $100 you suggested that I hand him.
    You sound like a blast to work with. I'm sure no one dare approach you in your "cube".

Thats not how your post went. It was something like "Tim was working, I already knew where the merch was, but figured I'd bug him anyway". Love your revision!

Here ya go. "I approached him to ask where to buy T-shirts even though I knew where they were. Just wanted to say "Hi" but wanted a reason to bug him"

Mission accomplished! And yes, I do not suffer fools or stupidity lightly. I got shit to do, not point you in the direction of something, when you already know the answer. What a tool lol

#498 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

No...He sells them only at PHOF at this time.

Is it clearly marked, or do we need to find Tim to ask him?

#499 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Is it clearly marked, or do we need to find Tim to ask him?

So downvote cause its not clearly marked, or downvote for suggesting we bug Tim to find out. Or downvote cause you dont like I suggest we bug Tim, even if we know the answer to the question. Cause thats fun too!? Ugh. Much confuse.

Glad you went and donated!

#500 3 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

So downvote cause its not clearly marked, or downvote for suggesting we bug Tim to find out. Or downvote cause you dont like I suggest we bug Tim, even if we know the answer to the question. Cause thats fun too!? Ugh. Much confuse.
    Glad you went and donated!

How about downvote for acting like an ass?

There are 1,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-running-out-of-money/page/10?hl=eagle18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.