Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10151225_10202028423133216_565082594400708234_n.jpg
    IMG_20140422_175807262.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Just had a full color story on all the weird non-pinball arcade stuff at the PHOF. If you want to see the pictures go to www.lasvegasweekly.com and view them.
    This has been a project of ours for the last year or so, getting strange and mostly forgotten mechanical stuff to complement our selection of pins. Tourists eat this stuff up.
    In the past, we have had some critics say we were not "museum enough" and had to many newer pinballs. So here is a look at some really fun stuff you can't play anywhere else.
    We are also planning on bringing in more old arcade gems from THE BIG HIT SHED in the coming months. Look for Chi Coin Motorcycle, Midway White Lightning, Exhibit Art Parade and Bally World Cup Soccer.

#2 10 years ago

ok then

#3 10 years ago

Good read , loved the pics. I remember playing a round helicopter game as a kid that flew around in circles , I think you had to land on certain pads. Fun , doesn't have to be complicated for sure !

#4 10 years ago

Looks good. I'll be there in 3 weeks!

#5 10 years ago

Very cool Tim. Been there twice. Looking forward to going again. PHOF is where I spend my gambling money when I'm in Vegas.

#6 10 years ago

Congrats! Still trying to get to Vegas to see your place. It's on my bucket list.

#7 10 years ago

cool beans

#8 10 years ago

Good stuff Tim. Ed Zelinsky at the Musee Mecanique has proven for years that folks love the non-pin machines too. Hell, I've moved at least a thousand tons of beans over the years on those sidewalk engineer cranes. Those things are badass. Can't wait to try yours.

#9 10 years ago

Has anyone seen GRC's video of PinballSTAR's gameroom? Some of those games are so weird and unique. I'm glad they're getting some love outside of private collections. The world needs to bask in their weirdness.

1 month later
    #10 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Good stuff Tim. Ed Zelinsky at the Musee Mecanique has proven for years that folks love the non-pin machines too. Hell, I've moved at least a thousand tons of beans over the years on those sidewalk engineer cranes. Those things are badass. Can't wait to try yours.

So what's the point of the engineer crane? It's one game we kind of passed up, looking at we were like - "what is the object?" and moved on. Can you explain this game for us?

We were at the PHoF this afternoon. Lots of good stuff to keep you busy that's for sure.

#11 10 years ago

Great news!!!

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

So what's the point of the engineer crane? It's one game we kind of passed up, looking at we were like - "what is the object?" and moved on. Can you explain this game for us?

No different than pinball really. In pinball, you want to score more points than your buddy. With the crane, you want to get more 'tons' of beans in the hopper than your buddy. The scale on the back wall tells you who the winner is. Not as easy as it looks. Give it a try next time you go.

They were essentially crane games that didn't award a prize. So they were legal everywhere, unlike cranes that awarded prizes. There were plenty of them sprinkled up and down the west coast back in the day.

#13 10 years ago

A more direct link here -
    http://tinyurl.com/nxj2kt5

#14 10 years ago

will be there next week. there is also a hotel with some of his games there. can someone remind me which one it is and even what the games are? thanks.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

here is also a hotel with some of his games there. can someone remind me which one it is and even what the games are?

The games are at the Riveria. It has been awhile since I was last there so not too sure of the lineup.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

will be there next week. there is also a hotel with some of his games there. can someone remind me which one it is and even what the games are? thanks.

That's the Riviera, we were there too. Somewhere in the back near some restaurants, a mix of EMs and some newer games. Taxi was filthy. Not very well cared for IMO. They also call it the "Pinball Hall of Fame". There's some pictures out here since I didn't get any: http://www.vegaschatter.com/vegas-photos/full/221/Pinball+Hall+of+Fame+at+The+Riviera#10

#17 10 years ago

Line-up at The Riviera hasn't changed too much in the last year I've been there - and I've been to Vegas a disgusting number of times this year. After work I hit the PHOF until they close and The Riv until a few hours before I'm supposed to wake up, that's how I swing it. Don't miss the specials at the bar near the pins - $1 Pacificos, $2 Well, $3 Call! LOTR, FG, IM, BDK, CSI, WPT, Taxi, NBAFB, TO, NBA, SAS, F:NOES, and I'm missing a couple. As for the EMs, I might be able to list a couple, there are like 10 I'd say, and mostly Add-A-Ball games, if not exclusively AAB. Also a few arcades, and some damned off road type game that plays Metal non-stop, right near IM (still stuck in my head). Last time NBAFB was having a major flipper issue, but the LOTR played Super well, as did IM. I think I mostly kept myself to IM, I can play that game and keep pace with Pacificos for a number of hours in a row.

My friend was a hair trigger from getting a new tattoo while we were there, it would've said 'Full Blown Riv'. @RagingPinBoner

#18 10 years ago

Cheers to Famous Tim! He does a super job for those that are new to Pinball and for existing members of our community!
    Thanks for all you do Tim!

#19 10 years ago

I was only there once, but it was one of the best parts of my trip to Vegas.

#20 10 years ago

We were there this weekend and played at least a dozen machines I hadn't played before. So many cool old games, and even played my first woodrail.

Thanks Tim.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from ReallifePin:

We were there this weekend and played at least a dozen machines I hadn't played before. So many cool old games, and even played my first woodrail.
    Thanks Tim.

Agreed. My non pinhead buddy beat me on The Flying Turns, but I got him beat on Challenger.

10151225_10202028423133216_565082594400708234_n.jpg10151225_10202028423133216_565082594400708234_n.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-is-famous-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.