(Topic ID: 230549)

Pinball Hall of Fame - Bitch Festival! Drip your tears here!

By vid1900

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3662 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3661 (resized).jpg
    2nxoo5.jpg
    198044-425x349-Beautiful-Bulldog (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BAC88A39-7C0D-4846-A71D-1C22F20BF939.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

If you have been on Pinside more than 10 minutes, you have read about some sensitive person that got his feelings hurt at the PHOF.

These posts clog up other threads, so let's all agree to put your tears into a single jar; right here.

#7 5 years ago

Bitch #1: Tim Arnold did not give me a hug or even want to talk with me.

-

Tim does not want to hug you.

Nor does he want the germs of 200 handshakes of traveler's from around the world every day.

If he even makes eye contact with you for a millisecond, you will start up a super boring conversation, that he has already heard thousands of times:

Boring Guy: Yeah, I told my wife, if we go to Vegas, we HAVE to go to PHOF.

BG: Hey, there is a place by my house called Antonio's, I live in Florida, that has a Flash, and a.......a.......(honey, what the other game besides Flash at Antonio's?)...a....um...oh yeah, Meteor, but NOTHING like this!

BG: What is the electric bill in a place like this?

BG: I've got a AFM, it's in better shape than yours.....I was offered $8,000 for it, but I said NOOOOoooo Way.

BG: Have you ever seen a rare game called Bushido? I played one at a rich guy's house in California.

BG: You know, if you fixed this place up with carpet and stuff, you could have a really nice place here.

BG: Have you ever seen Pawn Shop Wars? They had an old Bally on there, said it was worth $4,000, I'm like 'yeah right'. That show is fake.

BG: There used to be an arcade by my house, um....Player 1, that was the name of it....they had a pin I've never been able to remember the name of, maybe you can help me? It had a giant cue ball in the center, like a real cue ball that would block your ball......

#11 5 years ago

Bitch #2: PHOF would make a million dollars if it served beer!

-

Show me any Barcade that has a million dollars to donate to charity at the end of the year.

There are none, are there?

Tim has donated millions of dollars to charities. Millions of dollars that have come from a single source - coin drop.

#16 5 years ago

Bitch #3: I went there and a bunch of games were broken

-

"I went there and Medieval Madness's gate was broken!!!! MM is the only reason we went there. My wife was pissed!" said Mr Snowflake.

The more popular the game, the more likely it will be broken, obviously because it gets more action. Lucky for us, there are 400 other games to play; some are the only ones in existence.

Yep, pinball machines break.

They break even more when they are played 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.

#19 5 years ago

Bitch #4: Nobody greeted me at the door like a Walmart

-

Greeters cost real money.

Average unskilled hourly wage in Las Vegas is $13 a hour.

Nevada requires overtime for over 8 hours worked, so a day of PHOF greeting comes out to $204 + $12 SS taxes.

That's $1,512 a week.

So ~$78,000 a year, assuming Tim does not even buy the greeter some Obamacare for an extra $600 a month.

I know, you are thinking that maybe some volunteers would do that job for free!

Step right up, my friend; there is a guy waiting to tell you that he put a clearcoated playfield in a Xenon with a bunch of blue LEDs and it looks WAY better than the PHOF Xenon does.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Correct. None of which are about anyone's feelings being hurt or wanting a participation award, but I like the click bait thread topic attempt.
    In summary, people were complaining that when informing the staff of an issue or a game eating your money you are treated like you're a massive inconvenience to their business. No tears were shed to my knowledge. I added my experience which was the same, others may vary.

Quoted from grantopia:

Except the only person who said anything remotely like this was you, in this thread and the other one. I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or being intentionally obtuse about why people are rubbed the wrong way about that place. I can't imagine anything anyone says about it will be thoughtfully considered by you so carry on with inventing statements to refute I guess. Yeesh.

Quoted from grantopia:

Now people are inventing complaints and I've learned to never express my displeasure with anything ever again.
    It is possible to run a business, give money to charity, and treat the people that give you that business and money with at least the same respect you expect them to treat your pinball machines with is all I'm saying and have said .

Why does everything have to be about you?

People have been bitching about the PHOF since the place opened.

#28 5 years ago

Bitch #5: I wanted it to be an actual Hall of Fame, you know, like with displays and stuff.

-

Calling it "The Pinball Hall Of Fame" was Tim's way of getting around the $35 per machine, yearly license sticker.

Otherwise he would be paying a fortune in license fees.

So you don't get to see any signed pinballs like you would at the Baseball Hall of Fame, but you don't have to pay $30 to get in either.

#30 5 years ago

Bitch #6: The games look all worn, I've seen much better specimens at people's houses.

-

That's because they are original games.

They are not reproduction playfields, in a repainted cabinet with imitation stickers stuck on the sides for artwork, and LED flashers mounted underneath.

That's what makes the PHOF the greatest "museum", because you get to touch everything.

It would be like being allowed to take Babe Ruth's bat into a batting cage.

(if you like pretty games, go to a barcade. They have a ton of games with reproduction playfields, reproduction cabinet art, reproduction plastics, reproduction backglass, reproduction armor. The only thing real is the wiring harness.....)

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

I agree with all your points except this one. Someone to talk to visitors when they come in and explain the do's and don'ts

The PHOF is far (for now) off the strip in a terrible neighborhood. You don't just wander in by accident.

You would only get in an Uber to go there if you are REALLY into pinball.

#35 5 years ago

Bitch #7: The place is a dump. I can't believe people go there.

-

Not only do people go there, people love it.

2,600 people on Trip Adviser give PHOF 4.5 stars average:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g45963-d620854-Reviews-Pinball_Hall_of_Fame-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

1,300 people on Yelp give PHOF 4.5 stars average:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pinball-hall-of-fame-las-vegas

Those are great numbers for a dump, lol

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

You’d almost think you actually ran a pin museum yourself Vid. Too much inside knowledge here.

I have heard every one of those boring conversations in my visits to PHOF

#47 5 years ago

If Tim had my temper, the dumpsters in that part of town would be overflowing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-bitch-festival-drip-your-tears-here?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.