(Topic ID: 230549)

Pinball Hall of Fame - Bitch Festival! Drip your tears here!

By vid1900

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3662 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3661 (resized).jpg
    2nxoo5.jpg
    198044-425x349-Beautiful-Bulldog (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BAC88A39-7C0D-4846-A71D-1C22F20BF939.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Bitch #4: Nobody greeted me at the door like a Walmart
    -
    Greeters cost real money.
    Average unskilled hourly wage in Las Vegas is $13 a hour.
    Nevada requires overtime for over 8 hours worked, so a day of PHOF greeting comes out to $204 + $12 SS taxes.
    That's $1,512 a week.
    So ~$78,000 a year, assuming Tim does not even buy the greeter some Obamacare for an extra $600 a month.
    I know, you are thinking that maybe some volunteers would do that job for free!
    Step right up, my friend; there is a guy waiting to tell you that he put a clearcoated playfield in a Xenon with a bunch of blue LEDs and it looks WAY better than the PHOF Xenon does.

I agree with all your points except this one. Someone to talk to visitors when they come in and explain the do's and don'ts, someone to report issues to, someone who knows immediately that someone who just walked in could be trouble, etc. seems totally worth that cost. It would be a benefit to people who show up not knowing what they are getting into and a benefit to those of us who don't want to see and hear those people doing dumb shit.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The PHOF is far (for now) off the strip in a terrible neighborhood. You don't just wander in by accident.
    You would only get in an Uber to go there if you are REALLY into pinball.

That's true, but even the time I was there I saw two different groups of people there that clearly didn't know etiquette or even how the machines worked, not sure how they found the place but they were there. I would assume once the new location opens, that will be a bigger problem. So, maybe it's just an idea for the future.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkcarrot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-bitch-festival-drip-your-tears-here?tu=porkcarrot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.