(Topic ID: 230549)

Pinball Hall of Fame - Bitch Festival! Drip your tears here!

By vid1900

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3662 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3661 (resized).jpg
    2nxoo5.jpg
    198044-425x349-Beautiful-Bulldog (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BAC88A39-7C0D-4846-A71D-1C22F20BF939.gif
    There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Bitch #8...
    198044-425x349-Beautiful-Bulldog (resized).jpg198044-425x349-Beautiful-Bulldog (resized).jpg

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If Tim had my temper, the dumpsters in that part of town would be overflowing.

Save the environment. Make tables instead.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I worked a route for awhile, the reason they get annoyed when people want their quarter back is because it's a quarter conversation.

The reason they get annoyed when people report broken things is because it's never "That game is on fire, we just had to stomp a small infant out who got too close".... it's always "the left flipper seems a little weak" or "there's a bulb out" or "I hit this switch and it didn't register, so I couldn't get the multiball started" which are all problems there's no way in hell they're going to go fix anytime soon, they'll work on it and find it when they test play it after shopping it the next time.

Ummm. Those people are called customers. If an op gets annoyed, he's in the wrong industry.

LTG : )

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Ummm. Those people are called customers. If an op gets annoyed, he's in the wrong industry.
    LTG : )

Got that right.... 'customers' in the pin industry are super annoying. 99% of them are fine but you always get a few that make you want to bang your head against the wall.

I sold a game to a guy once, he called the credit card company to get a refund, because the game was too loud, even after I showed him how to unplug the chime box. He was very upset that I wouldn't help him get his pinball machine more quiet, because he was only allowed to play it when his wife was asleep in their tiny apartment.

Or the customer that used to unplug the pinball machine at the bowling alley, over and over again, because it was 'too hard' and he thought we had 'magnets in the outlanes'.

Or th...

Well you have many more stories than me, you've probably had much worse, I was only working for the guy a couple years. I'm not saying Tim should be rude (or the many other barcade or 'museum' owners I've met that act the same way)... I'm just saying I understand where they're coming from.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from fanuminski:

I picked out a game to play and reached into my pocket full of quarters
    and started playing. I Notice a severe lean to the left as the ball came down the PF. no big deal...I'll try another. A few games later I lost
    a quarter in the coin mech - no big deal. a few games later the game I was playing died in the middle of my last ball. no big deal but a bit
    frustrating as I had just lit the special.

M

You said you paid $20 each way and $20 at the Museum, playing quarter games. One game was slanted (but you could still play it), One game died in the middle of the last ball after you had played most of it, and one game took your quarter.

So you lost 3 quarters (we'll be generous) out of 80. And you, years later, still complain about it when given the opportunity.

If I were Tim, I'd sell off the collection and go out of business. Tim won't do that, though, because he's more concerned about raising money for charity, and keeping Pinball alive than he is pleasing every customer 100% of the time.

This is a great example of why older machines aren't operated anymore though. At least with a modern machine the coin mechs are more likely to work properly and the game likely won't reset. If Tim only operated modern machines, he might be able to get his satisfactory game level up from 77/80 (96.25%) to more like 78/80 (97.5%).

#56 5 years ago

#57 5 years ago

You said you paid $20 each way and $20 at the Museum, playing quarter games. One game was slanted (but you could still play it), One game died in the middle of the last ball after you had played most of it, and one game took your quarter.
    So you lost 3 quarters (we'll be generous) out of 80. And you, years later, still complain about it when given the opportunity.
    If I were Tim, I'd sell off the collection and go out of business. Tim won't do that, though, because he's more concerned about raising money for charity, and keeping Pinball alive than he is pleasing every customer 100% of the time.
    This is a great example of why older machines aren't operated anymore though. At least with a modern machine the coin mechs are more likely to work properly and the game likely won't reset. If Tim only operated modern machines, he might be able to get his satisfactory game level up from 77/80 (96.25%) to more like 78/80 (97.5%).

You seem happy about pinball

#58 5 years ago

If Tim ever needs a son or apprentice im up for adoption!!!
    Willing to immigrate!

And yes i will even sniff people!

#59 5 years ago
    2nxoo5.jpg2nxoo5.jpg
    #60 5 years ago

I dont know....Tim has always been kind during my visits....The customers....not as much.

Sure, he can raise the prices on all the games, and with that hire a front desk person, a cleaning crew, and a
    walk around helper.

But then the bitching would be, "Games play great, Place looks Great, Staff is Great, but $1.00 a Game???
    What gives? Certainly he would do more business at lower prices!!!"

and the cycle repeats....

Im grateful he has spent his Life making this venue possible.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

But then the bitching would be, "Games play great, Place looks Great, Staff is Great, but $1.00 a Game???
    What gives? Certainly he would do more business at lower prices!!!"

He could hire two full time techs and still be able to give more money to charity without raising his pricing. It would pay for itself easily by having the 20+ games that are usually broken down or wonky at any one time working at all times. Imagine the money he is losing on machines being down alone.

#62 5 years ago

This is a great example of why older machines aren't operated anymore though. At least with a modern machine the coin mechs are more likely to work properly and the game likely won't reset. If Tim only operated modern machines, he might be able to get his satisfactory game level up from 77/80 (96.25%) to more lik.e 78/80 (97.5%).

maybe you should re-read my post. my point was that anyones opinion is just that. their perception is what is being conveyed.
    i enjoyed my first trip there. sure it cost me 60 for three hours of fun.
    the 3 instances of losing quarters was in the first 1/2 hour - there were many more examples. i didnt ask for money back nor complain
    to Tim. just went to find other games there to play. my perception was one of disappointment. and that , after hearing of all the income
    its generated, that the games werent kept in better playing condition. thats all. others have stated similar thoughts. its still a great place
    to visit and see... at least once.
    again, people have the right to express their opinion.
    no tears ...just facts

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

He could hire two full time techs and still be able to give more money to charity without raising his pricing. It would pay for itself easily by having the 20+ games that are usually broken down or wonky at any one time working at all times. Imagine the money he is losing on machines being down alone.

Looks like the analysis has been completed.....

#64 5 years ago

Tim runs PHOF like an operator would why would anyone expect anything different from an operator? If you want to play hundreds of great restored working machines go to VFW the once or twice a year they are open and pay $40 to get in the door. While you are at VWF be sure to ask Clay how much of that money goes to charity!

Not saying that Clay or anyone else needs to give to charity just saying that is what PHOF is all about. VFW is about the hobby & PHOF is about charity.

#65 5 years ago

I love the PHOF, and my wife and I have been there twice (we would go more often, but live in Maryland). I was able to play for as long as I liked and it was not too crowded. The game selection is great! I do understand the non serving of food due to potential problems. I am glad that the PHOF exists and wish there were more places like this. The first time that we were there a machine ate a quarter, the woman behind the counter came out and fixed the problem. Also, the first time that we visited there were no shirts for sale. I was able to get the second problem fixed (as you can see from the photos, strait out of my luggage and not put into rotation yet) on our second visit.
    Thank you again to everyone at the PHOF and I hope to make many return visits.

IMG_3661 (resized).jpgIMG_3661 (resized).jpgIMG_3662 (resized).jpgIMG_3662 (resized).jpg
    #66 5 years ago

Sometimes people just rub each other the wrong way and they'll never see eye to eye or get along.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Sometimes people just rub each other the wrong way and they'll never see eye to eye or get along.

LOL. Us Jersey guys know that for sure.

I have been to the PHOF easily a dozen times. I traveled a lot in my career and the PHOF is one of the best deals for entertainment in our hobby. Take 5 or 10 bucks in change and you can be entertained for a couple of hours. See how long 10 bucks lasts anywhere else on the strip. Yes some games are turned off but heck go play one of the other 400.

As far as Tim, I have seen him several times but only talked to him once. Me, "great place, thank you". Him, a slight heard nod "you're welcome". End of conversation and off he went to fix a machine. Only establishment owner in Vegas I ever got a chance to talk too. I thought that was pretty cool.

#68 5 years ago

I spoke to him briefly when I was there but I did not want to take up his time. Mostly just praised what he has accomplished there! Helped hold a part while he continued work. I am sure anything he hears from anyone is stale and been said before.

He seemed like a very nice and very busy man!

Zero issues or complaints! His place is amazing and very well
    Kept!

I know that was not the intention of this thead but I had a wonderful experience there!

#69 5 years ago

I've been to PHOF dozens of times through the years.

On various occasions, I would approach Tim to say "hello" or ask a question. He has always been respectful and friendly to me. I don't bore him with my pinball history, nor do I ask him dozens of questions. When a machine malfunctions, I let him know and continue playing other games.

The man just doesn't suffer fools. After all the years he's run PHOF, I think he deserves that right.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-bitch-festival-drip-your-tears-here/page/2?hl=buju and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.