(Topic ID: 142293)

Pinball hall of fame and New York New York Review - Vegas!

By NightTrain

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0444_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    NYNY.jpg
    phof.jpg
    PHOF3.jpg
    PHOF1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExtremePinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballJon:

So here's a question for you:
    I was there a couple of years ago and there were no pins in the arcade from what I recall. So, going from zero pins to 10 brand new ones, some with more than the basic arcade stock options, makes me wonder what made the operator/owner decide to make this change. I find it really interesting and would love to hear the story behind it, if you can share.
    Jon

Hi, I'm the arcade revenue share operator in The Big Apple Coaster & Arcade at NYNY. I own and operate the bank of 10 pinballs, as well as another 10 deluxe arcade games throughout the arcade.

The story is that about 2 years ago, I bought two pinball machines for my arcade route (Star Trek & Metallica) and instantly got addicted to pinball. Especially modding them. I had already owned a South Park, but this new stuff blew my mind. Since I had both time and money, and an OCD personality, I immersed myself into everything pinball. I have purchased roughly 42-43 games since.

So here I am, being in the arcade business, and having all of these great pinball machines. I immediately began to see both the revenue potential and overall improvement in the arcade and roller coaster guest's experience with an impressive pinball attraction. So I assembled a proposal and I pitched the concept to the management and executives of the property. They liked the idea, we inked a deal, and I rolled em' in.

Now then. Just 2 days ago, I opened my own arcade in downtown Las Vegas. Fremont Arcade is located inside Neonopolis at the end of the Fremont Street Experience canopy, just behind Denny's. In it we feature 16 pinball machines, as well as many other arcade games. See my post earlier today announcing our opening as well as on the Pin Map application above. Just search Las Vegas.

Larry

Quoted from Mike_J:

Keep doing what you're doing. Low replays and matches are a small price to pay for machines in such wonderful shape.
    I am not a gambler, but attend quite a few car auctions in Vegas and always stop to play your well-maintained collection.

Thank you! Please stop by and play in my new arcade downtown. The pinball offerings are even sweeter.

IMG_0444_(resized).JPGIMG_0444_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ExtremePinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-and-new-york-new-york-review-vegas?tu=ExtremePinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.