By crashpad

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Has anyone made a trip to PHoF and what is it close to? I'm debating whether to drive myself or if I could get there using a fly/hotel package cheaper. Didn't know how accessible it is to cheap hotels, etc.

Advice appreciated. Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

It's a $20 cab ride from the strip.

#3 5 years ago

Just did it two months ago. Well, wasn't just for it, but was part of the trip. Stayed at the Luxor because it's a pyramid and I'm a sucker for unique architecture. My friend and I who went thought about just using a cab, but renting a car was something like $20 / day, so we figured it was worth that. If you'd like, I can figure out who I rented the car from, they were outstanding.

Because we had the car, we also did the Hoover Dam and stuff, which you might be close enough that you've already done it, but it was nice for us to have that freedom.

You can get cheaper off-strip hotels I'm certain (although Luxor was as low as $29 / night before resort fees for us, something like $53 / night after that), but I didn't see any that close to it. It's an easy drive though.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks all – I'll start investigating fly/hotel combos then and either rent a car or take a cab.

#5 5 years ago

Living in Tempe, I have done the drive to Vegas several times and it isn't bad at all so that is my recommendation. If you fly and aren't going anywhere but the strip and PHOF you definitely don't need to rent a car, just cab it.

#6 5 years ago

Probably the cheapest closest good hotel is the Excalibur.Everything in Vegas is pretty cheap until Friday and Saturday night when everything doubles .It's on Tropicana and the Strip.The PHOF is on Tropicana between Maryland PKWY and Eastern.Not to Far

#7 5 years ago

You also need a car to get to and from the airport. We calculated it out as four rides we would need to spend about $80 probably. Renting a car for four days was I think an extra $5, but we used it to go to the Hoover Dam and Buffalo Bills to ride the Desperado roller coaster (we're both coaster fans) too, as well as travel off strip to get food and stuff.

We got the Luxor actually cheaper than Excalibur when we were there. Check the hotel Web sites themselves as we found a cheaper rate at the Luxor site than any other travel site.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside