(Topic ID: 143907)

Pinball guy on wheel of fortune tonight.

By Trident

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

troy.png
    download.fw.png
    20151110_212829-1.jpg
    images.jpeg
    whee.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Watching wheel of fortune tonight there was pinball collector named Troy on there. Just wondering if he is on pinside.

#2 8 years ago

Yep, wondering the same thing. Where ya at Troy?

#3 8 years ago

I think it's vidgameseller.

#4 8 years ago

Yes, that looks like a cleaned up Troy

#6 8 years ago

DVR set....Arizona time. Local Channel 3 at 7 pm.

#7 8 years ago

Yep, it was me. I told some friends but didnt make a thread about it since i was disappointed in how i did. I called a wrong letter on the prize puzzle and it cost me the game, litterally the game because i would have went to the bonus round had i of won that round. But nerves get to you, exspecially a guy like me that is not fond of being in front of crowds. But i was looking at the board that shows what letters are left and meant to call "G" and with checking the board i called the letter beside it

But hey, I won enough that it paid for my trip out there and it also gave me enough to buy a Wheel of Fortune pin, which i happen to have had them autograph. I actually bought an extra translight and had them autograph both, but personalized one for me to frame

whee.jpgwhee.jpg

#8 8 years ago

That's a great story I was rooting for you.

#9 8 years ago

Only those that do, can be criticized. All the rest of us sit on the couch, bitch, moan and watch Wheel of Fortune. You da man for just doing it!!!

#10 8 years ago

It could have been worse Troy. Congrats on your trip!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#11 8 years ago

My Mom called & said "hey... there's a guy on the wheel of fortune that repairs pinball machines at jukeboxes"

We we're rooting for you! Thank you for your service! Have a great Veterans Day!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Yep, it was me. I told some friends but didnt make a thread about it since i was disappointed in how i did. I called a wrong letter on the prize puzzle and it cost me the game, litterally the game because i would have went to the bonus round had i of won that round. But nerves get to you, exspecially a guy like me that is not fond of being in front of crowds. But i was looking at the board that shows what letters are left and meant to call "G" and with checking the board i called the letter beside it
    But hey, I won enough that it paid for my trip out there and it also gave me enough to buy a Wheel of Fortune pin, which i happen to have had them autograph. I actually bought an extra translight and had them autograph both, but personalized one for me to frame

whee.jpg

Hey...you were on WOF and I wasn't. That makes you a winner in my book.

#13 8 years ago

I watched you, I was rooting for you...why did the girl that won keep calling Z and Q and X during the last round, it was strange unless she was trying to make sure you guys won a bit more...I had never seen anything like that.

How did you get on the show?

#14 8 years ago

Gameshow.. yes, that's the ticket! prize money can buy lots of pins

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

whee.jpg

Congrats! My kid was a contestant last month and she made it to the bonus round at the end. They had my wife and I to the side of the stage and at that point it dawned on me that I should have brought my WOF translite.

#16 8 years ago

You're still alright in my book, even though you lost

#17 8 years ago

I was rooting for you and feel you are a winner. Good job!

#18 8 years ago

Aw man I missed it. Congrats with what ya won.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

whee.jpg

what does the Signed translight look in the game?

#21 8 years ago

Nice job buddy. I had it on a bowling tonight and had 4 or 5 teams rooting for you.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

whee.jpg

I have to ask, what the hell was with that woman to your left, that went to the bonus round? The final puzzle she is calling Z, X, and twice didn't even call a letter? WTF?

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have to ask, what the hell was with that woman to your left, that went to the bonus round? The final puzzle she is calling Z, X, and twice didn't even call a letter? WTF?

Seriously! I think she was trying a "strategy" of some sort. Haha. Troy, I give you props for making it as far as you did. It's easy for us to guess letters at home when you're the one up there in front of the audience. Glad you still won some money!

#24 8 years ago

My wife suggested she was throwing it so she wouldn't win too much money that she would lose her government handouts....oops, I mean benefits.

#25 8 years ago

How on earth would you know she receives government assistance?

#26 8 years ago

I don't . My wife was profiling and I thought it was funny as hell.

#27 8 years ago

I was thinking that she was trying to be nice to the other contestants and let them get a little something since she pretty much had the game locked up by that point.

#28 8 years ago

That is my guess.

Troy, you did a great job buddy and made us proud! I can only imagine how stressful it is to compete under the lights and the added pressure of being on TV!

That makes 2 pinsiders on the show in the past 3 years I think?

Can you tell us more about teh expereince and lead up to what it took to get on the show?

#29 8 years ago

Autographed translite? You didn't even need to make the bonus round to be a winner. Cha ching!

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

That is my guess.
    Troy, you did a great job buddy and made us proud! I can only imagine how stressful it is to compete under the lights and the added pressure of being on TV!
    That makes 2 pinsiders on the show in the past 3 years I think?
    Can you tell us more about teh expereince and lead up to what it took to get on the show?

Ill write something up about the experience, but I can tell you this, even if I had not one a penny, it was worth it. My nervers may have got to me on the show day, but everything about the game was awesome. From auditions, notifications, couple days in LA (never had been to California before)

Ill write soon about it

#31 8 years ago

Congrats! winning enough money to get the pinball game of the show you were on, while getting autographs too is absolutely awesome and a great story!!!!!!!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

My wife suggested she was throwing it so she wouldn't win too much money that she would lose her government handouts....oops, I mean benefits.

not cool

#33 8 years ago

Congrats on the gameplay that has got to be a great life experience that not everyone will expect.

#34 8 years ago

If I would have been thinking, I would of asked you to have Vanna sign her playboy spread from the 80's for me.

She is still drop dead gorgeous!!

#35 8 years ago

So Nura didn't tell anyone about her "strategy" backstage?

#36 8 years ago

Congratulations on getting on the game! A few years ago I did an open tryout with like 900+ people, got called to the second round, but didn't make it to the second half of the 2nd round of tryouts. It's tough. So that there is an accomplishment!

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Quoted from yzfguy:

How on earth would you know she receives government assistance?

Quoted from vdojaq:

I don't . My wife was profiling and I thought it was funny as hell.

your wife is a racist jerk. she sees a black woman and that's the first place her mind goes?

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

your wife is a racist jerk. she sees a black woman and that's the first place her mind goes?

Oh, out comes the R word. Please oh please tell us how we should feel inside and if we don't conform condem us with your labels.

#41 8 years ago

I think it's pretty cool she would do that to let the others win some $

#42 8 years ago

The lady was a veteran too.

vdojaq, ive posted some pretty idiotic things on this board but my brain would prevent me from posting what you did. Way to not only make yourself look like a fool but also your wife.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Oh, out comes the R word. Please oh please tell us how we should feel inside and if we don't conform condem us with your labels.

i don't care how you feel inside. but when someone says something blatantly racist, i will call them on it. pretty much that simple.

#44 8 years ago

Lets not rain on Troy's parade, shall we?

#45 8 years ago

Yeah, really...

In before the rock!

download.fw.pngdownload.fw.png

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

your wife is a racist jerk

Wow. She was obviously joking. But, oh well, just fire off an insulting remark at her anyway.

#47 8 years ago

Troy cleans up well and looks good with money under him! Nice job and thank you for your service my friend.

Brad

troy.pngtroy.png

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't care how you feel inside. but when someone says something blatantly racist, i will call them on it. pretty much that simple.

Dude, vdojaq's wife is black for all you know. The most prejudiced people I know are also the ones calling everyone else racist.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

In before the rock!

Laughed out loud at this, Boob! Thanks.
    "Lighten up, Francis!!!"

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Wow. She was obviously joking. But, oh well, just fire off an insulting remark at her anyway.

Racist jokes are racist. It's weird that this has to be explained to you.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-guy-on-wheel-of-fortune-tonight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.