Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

van9 (resized).jpg
    van8 (resized).jpg
    van7 (resized).jpg
    corvair27 (resized).jpg
    van8 (resized).jpg
    van7 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-20 123524 (resized).jpg
    van6 (resized).jpg
    van5 (resized).jpg
    van3 (resized).jpg
    van2 (resized).jpg
    van1 (resized).jpg
    ash6 (resized).jpg
    ash5 (resized).jpg
    ash4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I want to do a wrap for my pinball van, and also use the design for our pinball team T shirts. Looking for an artist that does Vector PDF computer art to execute a couple of ideas i have and also do do some 80-90's designs for out shirts.

I've reached out to Brian Allen, but he's on holidays and i haven't heard back. Anyone else you guys can recommend?

#4 2 years ago

The one's i spoke to do graphic design, but are not artists.

#7 2 years ago

Thanks mate.

#11 2 years ago

Thanks Joel, i'll email you some ideas that i have. Hopefully we can work something out.

#13 2 years ago

Thanks mate, i'll see how i go with Joel. Hopefully he's interested in doing my Archie's art and has some ideas about something he'd like to do to represent the Woopi Freeballers Inc pinball team. (and hopefully i can afford to use his skills)

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

I do design and vehicle wraps for my work. It sounds like an interesting project but I don't know I could turn it around fast enough.
    Your best bet is to hire someone to make the logo. THEN bring the vectored artwork to a competent sign show to work it into a wrap.
    It's unlikely sign shops have the artistic ability to make a design at the level of the guys linked here.

Yeah, that's what's happening. I already have the deposit paid for the wrap. They have a graphic artist that will do the layout, but the art i want is the problem. They were sourcing an artist, but i wanted deadpool laying on a pin and their artist refused to trace it for copyright reasons. The other image i want is somewhat more complex but it's still copywritten in some form i suppose.

I've now thought i'd go in another direction instead of deadpool and get a full logo done for our pinball club as long as i'm paying an artist and the artist will have a lot of leeway in that design. I'll then be able to give the logo image to a print shop and all my players can have the design printed on the shirts of their choice. The graphic designer can place that logo on the vehicle and fill in some spaces.

The other image that i do want the artist will get a little less leeway. Most people here will love the second image, but it will be controversial and just on the decent side of offensive for a vehicle.

I'm keeping it under 'wraps' for now.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I have a small range of pinball vector art if of any use
    though deadpool laying a pinball would of been cool

Thanks Jodi. Wearing one of your T shirts today.

I do buy art all the time. There is only original art in my office/house and all over it on the outside, although i have some posters and prints in the shed.

#20 2 years ago

Sorry, got your name wrong?

It's a bad habit of mine. An ex girlfriend was fond of saying I didn't think people were important enough to bother remembering their names. There was just enough truth in there to make it sting.

Thank you for the offer, I'll talk to you more about it.

#21 2 years ago

Fired my ideas off to Joel, hoping he can see the funny side of them. Will keep this thread updated as it moves forward.

If it comes out as i imagine it'll be a spectacle.

#22 2 years ago

Looks like i'm back to square one on this. A weeks gone by without Joel answering my emails. Not even a get fucked.

Maybe he's in hospital or something.

2 weeks later
    #23 2 years ago

Well two more refusals had me rethinking my concept art. If 5 people refuse it, maybe it's not them it's me.

Reached out to my original choice, Ash Johnson, a local graffitti artsist who did all my murals here. Gave him a clean slate with an 80's art direction, showed him Sorcerer and explained that that era art was my favourite and most of my tattoo's are in the style.

He's agreed to do the art, so i am really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

Full steam ahead. Updates as they come to hand.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

awesome, keep us updated, keen to see what it looks like

Will do.

1 week later
    #27 2 years ago
    Quoted from awesome1:

Your Deadpool mural that I've seen you post looks great!

Thanks mate, he did this one from Lost World too.

ash4 (resized).jpgash4 (resized).jpg

ash5 (resized).jpgash5 (resized).jpg

ash6 (resized).jpgash6 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #28 2 years ago

Just a progress post. the side art is done, just the lettering to do, hopefully next week.

Then it's consulting between artist and graphic designer and me. But the twist is that i have had to accept today that my white van is going to be a black van.

Never wanted a black vehicle, but it has to happen to enable the art, you guy's will see when it's shown.

Artists do that shit to you, open your mind to ideas and stuff....

Before photos for veracities sake.

van1 (resized).jpgvan1 (resized).jpg

van2 (resized).jpgvan2 (resized).jpg

van3 (resized).jpgvan3 (resized).jpg

#29 2 years ago

Concept and files are done, more consultation this week and a booking needs to be made.

van5 (resized).jpgvan5 (resized).jpg

van6 (resized).jpgvan6 (resized).jpg

Still think it will look better in black.

1 week later
    #30 2 years ago

Proofs are done now. Getting close, just waiting for test prints for colour confirmation and a booking date.

Screenshot 2021-09-20 123524 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-09-20 123524 (resized).jpg

#31 2 years ago

Could really do with some feedback on the layout and base colour.

Thinking the flat charcoal looks like undercoat, wondering how it would be with a gloss charcoal. Also thinking about asking them to stretch it further onto the doors. Maybe even putting the Freeballer writing on the doors?

#33 2 years ago

Thanks mate, was thinking changing the colouring of the lettering was a must. Same with the lettering down the bottom. A pinball is a good idea, that could be at the front and fill in the doors.

#34 2 years ago

Final proof is approved.

van7 (resized).jpgvan7 (resized).jpg

#36 2 years ago

Thanks mate, it's my second dragon wagon, so that's going on the same place as last truck, My Corvair Rampside.

van8 (resized).jpgvan8 (resized).jpg

corvair27 (resized).jpgcorvair27 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #38 2 years ago

Van is in the shop all week now. Should have an update in 3 or 4 days.

#39 2 years ago

Got it back, pretty happy with it.

van7 (resized).jpgvan7 (resized).jpg

van8 (resized).jpgvan8 (resized).jpg

van9 (resized).jpgvan9 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #43 2 years ago

It draws a lot of attention and some comments. Not as much as my old Chevy rampside did, but still popular.

I like it a lot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-graphic-artist-required?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.