Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180722_172756 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9287 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9289 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20180524_211430 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180524_221045 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180524_083936 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180524_083838 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180524_015343 (resized).jpg
    Sorcerer lower cabinet right (resized).jpg
    Sorcerer Lockdown bar. (resized).jpg
    Sorcerer head left (resized).jpg
    Sorcerer head right. (resized).jpg
    Sorcerer full shot left (resized).jpg
    IMG_4634 (resized).JPG
    Atco (resized).jpg
    graff2 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I've been restoring Pinball cabinets for about 8 years now and one day it occurred to me, tons and tons of graffiti has survived decades only to die a lonely death in my garage in Jersey. I began to feel a sense of responsibility, to TONY+SUE, to "The Brew Crew of 84". I found myself wondering did TIM ever find out that TINA LOVES him? In that moment the idea for PINBALL GRAFFITI ARCHIVES was born. I started to pick up my camera before my sander and take hi-rez pics of the etchings and scribble that made it's way into my shop with the ultimate goal of reuniting these artists with their early works. I have found everything from the simple to the extreme and have a key piece I will post here asking for help locating the artist as I have exhausted my sources to no avail. David Levy where are you? Your signature piece titled ALL STAR BAND has been saved! Feel free to post your own pics and if I see something I'd like to include I'll contact you about the possibility of coming to take the hi-rez pics I need for possible inclusion in the final first volume or one of the other volumes that follow. This thread, as well as the Facebook page are also where I will first announce the start of the kickstarter campaign which will give you the opportunity to order a limited edition copy which will include extras suitable for framing at a discounted price. When posting, if you can, include the game title and location you first found the game. We all know these machines can travel, imagine finding your old graffiti has traveled across country or even around the world! Thanks in advance for all your help and support!

allstar1 (resized).jpgallstar1 (resized).jpg

allstar4 (resized).jpgallstar4 (resized).jpg

allstar2 (resized).jpgallstar2 (resized).jpg

pingraff1 (resized).jpgpingraff1 (resized).jpg

pingraff3 (resized).jpgpingraff3 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

This is cool. Looking forward to the updates..

#3 6 years ago

spin a card PA

pingraff1 (resized).jpgpingraff1 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago

Gottlieb Cowpoke, from a Staten Island residence. The graffiti is attributable to the family, according to the seller.

20150714_002336 (resized).jpg20150714_002336 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Thanks for this!!!

#6 6 years ago

Atlantis NJ

graff4 (resized).jpggraff4 (resized).jpg

#8 6 years ago

HA! you got the wrong guy, my Mom doesn't even play pinball!

graff5 (resized).jpggraff5 (resized).jpg

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

Gottlieb Cowpoke, from a Staten Island residence. The graffiti is attributable to the family, according to the seller.

Interesting, the game that had the band mural on it is also from Staten Island. Any chance you are still in touch with them?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from paintpins:

Interesting, the game that had the band mural on it is also from Staten Island. Any chance you are still in touch with them?

The kids were adults, with families of their own, by the time I bought the game. I did not know the family; I simply bought the game from their father. When I picked up the game, at least one of the adult children, a daughter, was present. She confirmed that she and her brothers created the graffiti during their childhoods in the sixties/seventies.

Because I much prefer original cabinet paint, I went to great pains to remove the graffiti and touch-up the cabinet. Here's a photo of the near-final result. I sold the game years ago. The playfield and Euro plexi backglass were in excellent condition and the mechanicals were well above-average for this title.

20150725_165437 (resized).jpg20150725_165437 (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago

On the bottom of an Atari Space Riders

20170506101842980 (resized).jpg20170506101842980 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

On the bottom of an Atari Space Riders

Layin' on your back on an arcade floor? That IS love.

#13 6 years ago

On a black hole

20160929165245041 (resized).jpg20160929165245041 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #14 6 years ago

I was put in touch with the owner of this stellar example of pinball history and hope to be shooting it for the book very soon.

graff33 (resized).jpggraff33 (resized).jpg

graff2 (resized).jpggraff2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #16 6 years ago

Checked it out, does seem like the scribbling was encouraged by the establishment. My first few volumes of the Graffiti Archives will focus on the older games. Although it was destructive back then as well the operators were making plenty of money and never really expected the games to last anyway. With a new game today costing well into the thousands today's vandals seem a bit more sinister to me, not to mention a bit unimaginative considering all the wieners I see scrawled on newer games. lol

#17 6 years ago

So I picked this beauty up in Atco NJ. The story was it sat in a deli where the kids were such whittlers the game owner had a local sign painter cover it with the custom paint job you see before you. This became known as the Atco King Pin here at the shop. If this looks familiar to you let me know.

Atco (resized).jpgAtco (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #18 6 years ago

Found on a Williams Moulin Rouge picked up over the holiday weekend in central NJ.

IMG_4634 (resized).JPGIMG_4634 (resized).JPG

#19 6 years ago

If you find "Suck it, Nixon," that was me.

#20 6 years ago

Not sure if this counts but it's sorta along the same lines.

John

Sorcerer full shot left (resized).jpgSorcerer full shot left (resized).jpg

Sorcerer head right. (resized).jpgSorcerer head right. (resized).jpg

Sorcerer head left (resized).jpgSorcerer head left (resized).jpg

Sorcerer Lockdown bar. (resized).jpgSorcerer Lockdown bar. (resized).jpg

Sorcerer lower cabinet right (resized).jpgSorcerer lower cabinet right (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Not sure if this counts but it's sorta along the same lines.
    John

I am actually contemplating a chapter or section devoted to stickers, I've found plenty.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

If you find "Suck it, Nixon," that was me.

That is NOT beyond the realm of possibility!

10 months later
    #23 5 years ago

The Facebook page Pinball Grafitti Archives Vol 1 is updated more often and I'll start moving some of those images here for those not on FB.

IMG_20180524_015343 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_015343 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_083838 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_083838 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180524_083936 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_083936 (resized).jpg

#24 5 years ago

IMG_20180524_221045 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_221045 (resized).jpg

#25 5 years ago

This is a SpinOut found at LBI NJ

IMG_20180524_211430 (resized).jpgIMG_20180524_211430 (resized).jpg

#26 5 years ago

Abra CA Dabra NJ

IMG_9289 (resized).JPGIMG_9289 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #28 5 years ago

Last weeks pick up, 1973 High Hand. Mike and Terry had a great game, 174,860 points, and 8 Replays.
    20180722_172756 (resized).jpg20180722_172756 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-graffiti-archives-vol-1-thread?hl=shootthepyramid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.