13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by Letter_K
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 13 years ago

Dude that sucks I wish I had a place like that to go to in my town

#3 13 years ago

Me too. They re still following a law from the 40's, come on!

#4 13 years ago

All too typical small town city council composed of the "big fish in the small pond". You can become a city council member in a small town by just calling up enough of your relatives and cousins to come vote for you.

The other element at play is the "video games rot your brains" people who think their job is to craft a community resembling some idyllic suburban fantasy.

In other words, they're completely out of touch.

#5 13 years ago

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! I'm sorry, but I'm glad that most of the people that made those laws are long gone. Of course, I do have mafia types hanging around the house, looking into my garage at the pinball machines...

#6 13 years ago

The sad thing about that court case is, by the time the courts grant him permission, he would have already closed shop. I would imagine that its already bad as it is trying to get people into the arcades (REAL arcades, which operate classic video games & pinball) to play anything coin-operated that doesn't involve vs fighting, shooting wild bucks, playing make-believe instruments (turn-tables or guitars), or having street-racing driving games based on Japanese anime.

I wish the guy in the CNN story the best.

#8 13 years ago

Bah, noise. You moved into an apartmment above a buisiness. Why did you think the rates were so reasonable? Also, is his business open 24 hours, or are you some elderly cat that sleeps all day?

All the city needs to do is hear the case and make a decision. It's not hard and doesn't take long. At least if they decided against the business owner he'd have piece of mind and know where he stood.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-gose-to-jail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.