• 45 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bohdi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey all,

So, I'm going to be selling some stuff sooner or later, and The Shadow is going to wind up on the chopping block. It doesn't need to go now, but I have my eye on some other stuff. So, it's likely gonna move.

With that said, I've never beat the Final battle (wizard mode). So, my goal is to beat the Final Battle before I sell. I'll keep people posted as to my progress (just because I'm curious how long I'll be at it).

Anyone else have any goals pinball-wise, whether play related, finishing a project, what have you?

Luke

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

With that said, I've never beat the Final battle (wizard mode). So, my goal is to beat the Final Battle before I sell.

I've never done it either. I was two shots away a couple nights ago. It's such a great wizard mode!

#3 5 years ago

Oh, I'll add, no buy in. I've tried with it, and it doesn't make any difference. May as well keep myself a bit honest...

Luke

#4 5 years ago

In my first year of collecting and playing so....
1. Finish out the unfinished side of my basement to get more room.
2. Obtain a few more games off my wantlist.
3. Invite newbies and vetran players and collectors to come over and play a few games in my house. Everyone is welcome! Like Bakushan.
4. Collect, swap and short term trade with collectors in my area.
5. Enjoy collecting for a long time.
Thanks for your help so far!
Cheers!

#5 5 years ago

RTU On AFM on first ball.
finish my DW restore
Have a WOZ with completed code

#6 5 years ago

My goal is to be confident with the technical side of pinball. Anyone can play pinball.

#7 5 years ago

I mostly play JM at the moment. Goals:
- break 50 billions (a few 30-ish for now)
- get all the mode ends bonus items (Pemex doubler, etc...) once (hard!)
Also, I need to finish my MB restore (all the playfield parts, wiring, etc, lying on the garage floor... bad) and the Aztec I'm working on.

#8 5 years ago

I have a number of goals, namely:

- To become more competent when it comes to repairing and figuring out what's wrong and fixing it quickly.
- Get others interested in the hobby
- Host Pinball Parties
- Compete in the PAPA world championships

#9 5 years ago

Get The right 8 machines, load full of LEDs, play the hell out of em.

#10 5 years ago

Id like to be a repair master, but my patience doesnt get me far on that front lol

#11 5 years ago

Yes, my goal is to have Clay H. email me for answer's on how to fix a pin....
and Keith E. ask me about my best strategy to win PAPA 17..

#12 5 years ago

mine is to make the pinside 'whos who' list

#13 5 years ago

My only goal is to never ever ever let my wife find out how much they all really cost.

#14 5 years ago

My goal is to not set any goals regarding pinball in any way, shape or form.

#15 5 years ago

To have all the System 11 pins
For this year's tournament at my home to be the first of many
To eventually have a collection that features great and unusual pins from every era (and to be more proficient at fixing them, lol)

#16 5 years ago

To get Atlantis and Frog Frenzy on Ripleys before I die.....tick....tick...tick. : )

#17 5 years ago

Get a nice games room, get the machines all working 100%
Invite all Pinside over for a game or two

#18 5 years ago

To put more pins on location.

#19 5 years ago

Enjoy pinball strictly as a Hobby. Continue to learn how to diagnose and repair these old solid state games. Get them all operating 100% (seems to be an uphill battle at times). Cram as many pins (set up and playable of course)into my old house as possible. Currently tight on space but my formal parlor could house a dozen or so pins if I get my 1880's Brunswick pool table project out along with some furniture.

#20 5 years ago

With the 2 machines I have at the moment, im really into my WWF Royal rumble, at the moment and Ive actually made it to the Rumble twice in the past 2 weeks which is pretty good for me, so im hoping to progress a little more through that and one day finish it, And with Lord of the rings I would be happy to get there and back again for the moment, Valinor is a very distant dream, but maybe in a few years with much practice, but I have a Roadshow coming in a few weeks, so my goal list sure will change again, looking forward to it!!!!!

#21 5 years ago

Get to portal multiball before I die. I get to daft punk multiball every game now, but every time I get one shot from portal I f up or the game hates me.

See what all the HEP hype is all about without needing to refinance my home .

#22 5 years ago

To achieve Valinor on my LOTR and to battle for Cybertron and finish both sides on my TF LE. guess they both will never happen lol

#23 5 years ago

I'm still chasing the dragon that is the Portal......

#24 5 years ago

To complete my grand ideas for adding mods to FGY
Get to 4 winds wizard mode on POTC
Also complete Final Battle on TS

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

My goal is to not set any goals regarding pinball in any way, shape or form.

That's actually pretty wise, LOL.

My goal is to get everything working at the same time. I think I'm getting closer.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Heck, I'll be happy to start being able to consistently hit the GEM shot. That shot alone is my nemesis and the usual reason I don't ever progress if I'm having an otherwise really good game.

#27 5 years ago

Some I've already achieved but there's still so many on the list that I hate to think about it sometimes. I just keep pushing forward each day in the hopes I reach as many as I can because if I wasn't doing this I dont know what else I'd be doing.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#28 5 years ago

Own TAF again, purchase a pristine Funhouse.

Complete MegaVisor on Jackbot.

Win lotto, buy bar, insert manyyyy pins...live happily ever after...

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I been to Portal 1 time, and it lasted 30 seconds or less. I've been 1 shot away at least 10 times now. It's really the only game I play though. Also, if you're having trouble shooting Gem, try bank shots from the right flipper off the TRON targets. I can't consistently shoot it off the upper flipper as well as I can off the bottom one.

I reached Do or Die the other day, on location, after having only played ~10-15 or so games on IM, so I don't even know how I got to it! I went to shoot the lit center shot though and drained the ball. Then some missile mode started the ball after that? Anyway, that game is fun, I'd like to actually see/experience/understand what is going on in that mode.

#30 5 years ago

Get a 25x Bonus collect on Flash Gordon.

Sell my TAF ( first I have to own a TAF and get tired of a TAF)

Stop getting suckered into reading 13+ pages of price bubble/FS/remake threads.

#31 5 years ago

So happy I am not alone in this quest for the Portal. Hey at least it's a fun ride and I have my moments of gem shots super easy and then some game where I clank stuff like crazy and prey for slot gem shots.

I did hit two gem shots off a plunge with creative use of ball save and that was a highlight.

#32 5 years ago

Finish my custom game, but considering a switch from a standard 128x32 DMD to a color 192x96 LCD DMD, so if I do, I'll be taking a half dozen steps backwards. But with pinball, it is about the journey, not the destination.

#33 5 years ago

Have all my machines up, running, and tweaked in time for my xmas party.

#34 5 years ago

1. Qualify for the A division at either Pinburgh or PAPA
2. Get to sub 200 on the WPPR
3. Do my first playfield swap.
4.(the big one) Build a stand alone climate controlled building for pins so I can no longer have to say " I'm out of space"!

#35 5 years ago

To get Crypt Jam on TFTC.

1 week later
#36 5 years ago

Well...

After two and a half years, I finally can cross that off my list. Beat the Final Battle, scored over 3.2 billion. Pretty pleased with myself.

Luke

#37 5 years ago

To restore my collection to what it was years ago.

And to destroy the ring on my LOTR.

#38 5 years ago

finish restoring time warp, pay off some stuff and finally save and get a batman dark knight for my wife.

#39 5 years ago

To get my Xenon running right. Still buggy after many attempts to fix and diagnose. As a bonus in 2013 I did teach myself how to solder. With this skill I was able to do a successful flipper rebuild over the TG holiday.

With so much time under the hood I found new problems.

#40 5 years ago

Free up as much time as possible to play them with friends and family.

Shadow makes my short list very interested in purchasing the right one at right price.

2 months later
#41 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

1. Qualify for the A division at either Pinburgh or PAPA
2. Get to sub 200 on the WPPR
3. Do my first playfield swap.
4.(the big one) Build a stand alone climate controlled building for pins so I can no longer have to say " I'm out of space"!

OK, I can cross off #3. I finished my playfield swap on AFM and it turned out awesome!

Also working well towards #2. I'm up to 235 on WPPR.

#42 5 years ago

To reach Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode on TSPP

#43 5 years ago

To begin selling off some of my collection. (not sure which, yet) I've owned my machines for the past few years or so, yet I rarely play any of them. I've probably played my machines <300 times over the past few years, spread out among them all. Guess I got caught up in the NIB hype, trying to relive my youth when arcades were king. I love the way they look, but it just seems like I don't have the time to play anymore between family & work...

#44 5 years ago

To sell off games that I bought because they were a good/great deal,
stop buying them for the same reason, and buy the ones I really want.
Easier said than done for me but I'm on my way.

NIB is years away from happening!

#45 5 years ago

Get the bigger house. Max out around 10 pins or so...for now. THEN be happy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside