(Topic ID: 336785)

Pinball Glass, What's the current favorite?

By DCfoodfreak

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by jackd104
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinball Glass, What's the current favorite?”

• PDI 4 votes
      27%
    • Voodoo 6 votes
      40%
    • Invisiglass 5 votes
      33%

(15 votes)

#1 11 months ago

Been a few years and rebuilding the games. What's the opinion on best Pinball glass? PDI still? I see Voodoo has a V2 now. Better? Same? Invisiglas? Any other new ones? Looking for the best.

Thanks
    Dave

#2 11 months ago

I have six Invisiglass, one Voodoo and one Magic glass. My pins are directly under large fluorescent lights. All three types I have work perfectly. I think the Invisiglass and Voodoo are very similar. I would buy the cheaper of the two. I have read PDI is the best but is very expensive.

#3 11 months ago

VooDoo baby!

Seriously, "better" is subjective. For the most part they are similar with slight variances. All I can say is that after a few years of thinking to myself "what kind of idiot pays that much for a sheet of pinball glass", a friend talked me into buying a sheet of VooDoo and now I have it on all three of my pins and will have it on any future one I buy.

However, I think that the way these glasses are advertised can be a little misleading. Yes, they greatly reduce glare but they do not completely eliminate it. The way I like to explain it is that when compared to standard glass, these specialty glasses are ultra clear and appear to be void of impurities. If you look at two pins side by side with standard and specialty glass, what you thought was clear glass with the standard stuff is actually very cloudy/hazy in appearance. This "cloudiness" is what causes the light to bounce around and refract in so many directions (i.e. glare) instead of passing through the glass and thus minimizing reflections.

This may not be what is scientifically going on, but this is the best way I can figure out how to explain my observations.

BTW, the best place to purchase VooDoo in my experience is CoinTaker (not saying that other sources are bad, just that my experience with CoinTaker has been exceptional). Take the time to actually call them on the phone to get a quote with their most up-to-date pricing (may be same as what is on web or may be able to save a little at times).

#4 11 months ago

PDI for me. However, I've never seen a sheet of Voodoo glass.

#5 11 months ago

Any anti reflective glass that is the best price. They all perform similarly. PDI glass I have heard performs better but the price difference at like 2x doesn’t make sense to me. Rather get two pieces of any of the other types.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-glass-what-s-the-current-favorite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.