12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Firebaall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Grrr!

Not so much a rant on the glass, but the glass guy that ordered it. Apparently, 3/16 somehow translates to "4mm", according to his math...

I get home with the new glass, and take a closer look at the receipt, and see the 4mm written on it.

I'm pretty annoyed, since it takes 1-2 weeks to order a sheet of tempered glass in custom sizes, but I'm sure it's not a good idea to run 4mm thick glass. One good air ball, and I'll be picking glass cubes out for weeks!

Curious though, has anybody used such a thin sheet on a pinball without risking a nasty clean-up?

#2 12 years ago

http://www.rings-things.com/INCH-MM.HTM

darn close 4mm = 5/32 (6/32= 3/16)

#3 12 years ago

No I've never heard of anyone running thin glass. I'm with you though tooooooooorisky! Just curious as to why you just didn't order a standard glass from pbresource or marco??? Is it that odd of a size? I have a wide body and it cost me $60.00 bucks I think.

#4 12 years ago

It's for a wide body Guns n Roses, so it was 23 3/4" x 43" x 3/16".

I live in Canada, so shipping the glass was too much of a hassle to order from Marco. Local glass shops can order it, though it costs a bit more.

3/16" = 4.763mm

That's almost 1mm too thin!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-glass-rant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.