Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Pinball Glass for sale!
    Don't hassle with that local glass company. Get it delivered to your front door.
    Standard Pinball Glass (3/16 clear, tempered glass without the logo stamp) $37 plus shipping and packaging

Super-Clear Standard Glass (3/16 clear, tempered glass without the logo stamp..and...made without the green color for a clearer view of your playfield and more light transmission that enhances your lighting and colors!) $85 plus shipping and packaging

Bob's Ultimate Pinball Glass (1/4" clear, tempered glass without the logo stamp...and...made without the green color for a clearer view of your playfield and more light transmission that enhances your lighting and colors...and...thicker, stronger glass that adds more depth to the look...and...decorative beveled edges.) $110 plus packaging and shipping

visit pinballglass.com to place your order or ask any questions

Post edited by Phoog : price correction

#2 11 years ago

Good luck with your new venture. How does your ultimate level glass compare with the PDI glass or Invisiglass? Obviously, you win the pricing battle by a wide margin...how about the performance?

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Good luck with your new venture. How does your ultimate level glass compare with the PDI glass or Invisiglass? Obviously, you win the pricing battle by a wide margin...how about the performance?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-vs-bobs-ultimate-aka-phoogs-pinball-glass-face-off

#4 11 years ago

What glass has the green tint?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

What glass has the green tint?

Most/all normal pinball glass has the green tint. It is very slight. If you lean four or five pieces of glass up against a white wall and look through them all at the same time it is much more visible.

John

#6 11 years ago

High dollar aquariums are made with this glass. High end museum showcases are made with this glass. I've gotten the cost so low it is crazy! The green tint in regular glass will never appear slight again if you see it next to the Super-clear or Ultimate glass. The increase in light and color is so improved. The standard glass is almost like playing with low-tint sunglasses on.

#7 11 years ago

$ 37.00 .. How much is Ship-n and packing ?

#8 11 years ago

"Decorative" beveled edges? Isn't that kind of a misnomer since they HAVE to be beveled to fit in the channel?

I already read a review of this glass compared against invisiglass and JJP glass, but come on, that's really pushing the boundaries of sales description IMO to call it "decorative".

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

How much is Ship-n and packing ?

x2, really curious

#10 11 years ago

Naa,,, I get Glass for $ 30 to $ 35 a Sheet delivered ... Was just wondering

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

Pinball Glass for sale!
    Don't hassle with that local glass company. Get it delivered to your front door.
    Standard Pinball Glass (3/16 clear, tempered glass without the logo stamp) $37 plus shipping and packaging
    Super-Clear Standard Glass (3/16 clear, tempered glass without the logo stamp..and...made without the green color for a clearer view of your playfield and more light transmission that enhances your lighting and colors!) $85 plus shipping and packaging
    Bob's Ultimate Pinball Glass (1/4" clear, tempered glass without the logo stamp...and...made without the green color for a clearer view of your playfield and more light transmission that enhances your lighting and colors...and...thicker, stronger glass that adds more depth to the look...and...decorative beveled edges.) $120 plus packaging and shipping
    visit pinballglass.com to place your order or ask any questions

I got a sheet of regular glass from phoog, and was happy about it. Phoog is in my local area which was a huge plus. and local glass shops wanted $55 and up for a sheet of tempered glass. Great guy to deal with.

#12 11 years ago

I have to ask, what's the difference between your standard glass and the local shop? Anything in particular, or just your price? Great price for the glass, but after your s/h it's $34 more expensive for widebody than walking down the street. I've never had to purchase glass before, so this is 110% me not knowing anything about glass, and not at all trolling over your prices or anything.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from ReWrite:

I have to ask, what's the difference between your standard glass and the local shop? Anything in particular, or just your price? Great price for the glass, but after your s/h it's $34 more expensive for widebody than walking down the street. I've never had to purchase glass before, so this is 110% me not knowing anything about glass, and not at all trolling over your prices or anything.

From what I can tell is that it does not have alot of green color in the regular sheets. Put his new sheet up against the old scratched one I replaced and the old one the green was very apparent on Phoog's regular sheet it's almost clear around the edges where you see the green. I'am thankful for him to be local in my area, with a great product.

#14 11 years ago

Packaging is $15 and shipping varies of course with location. Nibbles I would guess your shipping is about $25. That is very cheap when you consider the price of gas and the value of your time. I just know how most glass companies treat people with small orders. Most likely you will not be a top priority and with a special request like "no logo" there is a good possibilty of a mistake that you may have to live with or will delay getting your glass.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

"Decorative" beveled edges? Isn't that kind of a misnomer since they HAVE to be beveled to fit in the channel?

I already read a review of this glass compared against invisiglass and JJP glass, but come on, that's really pushing the boundaries of sales description IMO to call it "decorative".

If it was just to fit in the channel I would make the bevel as small as possible so it doesn't show. This beveled edge is one inch so 3/4 of it shows looks very decorative. But, of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours is noted and respected.

#16 11 years ago

Taken off his website & I quote:

"Shipping
    We offer the following shipping options: UPS and it comes with insurance! I'm still working on an accurate shipping calculator to calculate shipping to your exact location. As of now shipping and handling are a $50 charge and if your shipping is less you will receive a refund for the difference. If you would rather have your shipping accurately calculated from the beginning then please order through email or fax. Please call for quotes on crating and shipping large quantities. Thanks!"

#17 11 years ago

Phoog, do you do wide body glass too? Need some new glass for a TZ

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

Phoog, do you do wide body glass too? Need some new glass for a TZ

Yes I sure do. $43 each plus packaging of $15 and shipping of approx $30 I would guess.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Phoog:

Frax said:"Decorative" beveled edges? Isn't that kind of a misnomer since they HAVE to be beveled to fit in the channel?
    If it was just to fit in the channel I would make the bevel as small as possible so it doesn't show. This beveled edge is one inch so 3/4 of it shows looks very decorative. But, of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours is noted and respected.

Okay, fair enough. Not sure it's something I would want to see, but acceptable explanation. The review made it seem like it was purely functional from what I remember.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.