(Topic ID: 306596)

Pinball gimmicks you'd like to see return

By oldbaby

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

Any games lately where you hit drops in order for rewards other than Beatles?

#52 2 years ago

I can see why banana flippers would suck as the main flipper but I can think of a few cool uses for them.

What about having one near the middle of the playfield that can backhand shots if you use the shape of the bat to your advantage?
What about at the end of a spiraling orbit so it comes out naturally if you don't flip, but can do some crazy spin and fling if you hit it?
Or what about nested loops where leaving it down gets you to go around one loop but flipping gets you around the other one?

#53 2 years ago

Punny Factory has one. Andrew McBain is keen on bringing back long-unused mechs and new twists on old features in the games he wants to do.

Another design has an upper 'jump ramp' level of sorts with three possible exits.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Bounce Back out lanes, like Flip Flop, or a gate.

Doing this too, using a pop bumper as the bounceback element. In fact all three bumpers on the layout in question are nested on the lower left side of the playfield, with the main flippers pushed over as far to the right as they'll go - the shooter lane also doubles as the right outlane.

#55 2 years ago

Zipper flippers

#56 2 years ago

Black Knight 2000 is really the only pinball machine with a real theme song with lyrics. I'd like it if more games had that.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Black Knight 2000 is really the only pinball machine with a real theme song with lyrics. I'd like it if more games had that.

Rollergames has lyrics.

#58 2 years ago

Nobody is in for fresh gobble holes?

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

- A jump ramp as seen in Robocop and a couple others.

JP Home Edition

#60 2 years ago

Is there anything else similar to Rudy or Red & Ted?

#61 2 years ago

I think we could use another game with Tommy or other type Blinders.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Twilight Zone has lyrics. Love me some Golden Earring.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from MonsterFish:

Twilight Zone has lyrics. Love me some Golden Earring.

Just realised you meant lyrics in game. Oops. Still love me some Golden Earing.

#64 2 years ago

Timed drop targets like Black Knight

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think we could use another game with Tommy or other type Blinders.

The cool thing about the blinders is how it fits with the theme, so wondering how they could incorporate it with another theme...

King of the Hill pocket sand mode? cha cha!

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

As a newer player I like this topic for teaching me about all the neat, unique machines.
That Championship Pub one looks awesome!
I'll say one gimmick I don't think needs to return is 13 ball multiball from Apollo 13. Looks like 90% of the time most of the balls drain almost right away.

Mostly because you can’t even flip. Not enough power in the flippers. The balls should have started from the top or something so they could trickle down so you have a chance.

Personal opinion but any multiball over 4 balls is excessive for accomplishing anything.

#67 2 years ago

Can I get a kickback in a stern?

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd like to see more drop targets hiding stand-ups. ACDC TNT and Beatles have both done this but I'd like to see it become more prevalent. I'd also say more inline drops and drops blocking ramp shots.

Drop targets hiding anything is cool. Mustang also has standups behind a drop bank. For later completions, you only have a short timer to hit them before the drops come back up. Very cool coding.

I also love how WoF has a ramp hiding behind a set of inline drops. Inline drops are awesome and need to happen more, but putting a ramp behind them is next level cool. I would love to see Stern retheme that layout! The unique flipper area arrangement is another thing I'd love to see come back.

#69 2 years ago

Love the skill shot design on Fireball and Fireball Classic. Every game these days has the same old top lanes skill shot and something like the “hill” shot on the Fireballs would be a welcome change of pace.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Love the skill shot design on Fireball and Fireball Classic. Every game these days has the same old top lanes skill shot and something like the “hill” shot on the Fireballs would be a welcome change of pace.

One more checked off the box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,490.00
Trade
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-gimmicks-you-d-like-to-see-return/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.