Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by adamross
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #2 6 years ago

Wow... please please have cabinet mode! Thanks for the link.

#3 6 years ago

Farsight makes "real" tables though. Can't beat that. Plus Zen's ball physics are pretty terrible, at least for FX2. Maybe they improved it with FX3...

#4 6 years ago

Hope they link this with their PSVR tables!

#5 6 years ago

Thank you! I almost purchased all the FX2 tables today (for Steam Summer sale). I will just save my money for some on location pinball instead!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

Thank you! I almost purchased all the FX2 tables today (for Steam Summer sale). I will just save my money for some on location pinball instead!

Probably a safe bet, they are saying most of the games will port but suggest licenscing agreements may get in the way of some of them porting. Any of the non-licenses tables I would hope would be a safe bet to buy now. I own them all so we will see which ones get dropped.

The best physics and graphics if you are looking for emulation is with Visual Pinball (10.3 now!), Farsight is a long way off from VPX. From a pure arcade experience though I think PinballFX2 is a lot of fun, especially on a cabinet.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Farsight makes "real" tables though...

Yeah, "real" tables, full of bugs though!

#8 6 years ago

Wish FX2 would have full force feedback though. It makes a big diff. I think with DOFlinx you get flipper but that's hardly good enough (will take it though). Virtual Pin is the best thing right now. So many games and it feels close enough.

#9 6 years ago

FX2 is my jam. Love the ball physics and I've discovered many outstanding tables. Am guessing most existing games will look and play the same i.e. will not be enhanced because of the change, right?

2 months later
    #11 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Wish FX2 would have full force feedback though. It makes a big diff. I think with DOFlinx you get flipper but that's hardly good enough (will take it though). Virtual Pin is the best thing right now. So many games and it feels close enough.

With DOFLinx you can now get full force feedback on I think all current pinball FX2 games. You just need the xml files that are located at Vpinball.com and/or vpforums.com

#12 6 years ago

I don't think it's full. I believe it's just flippers

#14 6 years ago

JAWS gameplay going live on twitch @zenstudios in 2mins!!

3 months later
    #15 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

3 months later
    #16 6 years ago

Lovely:

#17 6 years ago

I tried Pinball FX3 last week, but was actually very disappointed.. Most of my favorite tables are gone, and I don't really see the benefit of upgrading right now. Am I missing something?

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from G-Bee:

I tried Pinball FX3 last week, but was actually very disappointed.. Most of my favorite tables are gone, and I don't really see the benefit of upgrading right now. Am I missing something?

Your previous tables should've imported into Pinball FX3, with the exception of a few that they lost licensing rights to. Here's a review I wrote when it came out:
    https://www.neowin.net/news/review-of-zen-studios-new-pinball-fx3-engine

The new version has better graphics and physics (the latter is somewhat debatable but...). The cross-platform compatibility is also really nice.

1 week later
    #19 6 years ago

Dead Flip: Pinball Streaming takes you to Ahch-To Island at 3 PM PDT / 6 PM EDT! Tune in to see the very first gameplay of our #TheLastJedi pack, coming April 17 to Pinball FX3! https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip

#20 6 years ago

For me, it's really hard to get into these games without the actual music from the film. Just really cheesy knockoff tracks.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-fx3-by-zen-studios?hl=g-bee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.