(Topic ID: 210792)

Pinball friend lost everything in home fire - Request to help family

By PinballSTAR

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31B4F478-985C-4B26-92D4-9B5994D2483A (resized).jpeg
    D4DF989E-B62D-4EEF-BDAE-4643201CB4F0 (resized).jpeg
    jerry4 (resized).jpg
    jerry3 (resized).jpg
    jerrry2 (resized).jpg
    jerry1 (resized).jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

My good friend and PinballSTAR staff member Jerry Witkosky lost his home, all his belongings, a dog and 2 cats today in a fire. Jerry works with in our booth at shows and many of you up and down the east coast know him from his deliveries of games to your homes. Hard working guy for his family now needs help. He also recently lost his dad who he was very close to so this is especially heartbreaking. Jerry is also a veteran of the US Navy. Fortunately he and his wife, son, and 4 grandkids escaped the fire unharmed.

His daughter set up a Go Fund Me for the family and I sincerely ask for your help if you can give to our friend in his time of need. Jerry does alot for the pinball community and I know we can help him in return !!!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-witkosky

jerry1 (resized).jpgjerry1 (resized).jpg
    jerrry2 (resized).jpgjerrry2 (resized).jpg
    jerry3 (resized).jpgjerry3 (resized).jpg
    jerry4 (resized).jpgjerry4 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Ugh, that sucks.....bumping this back up a little.

#3 6 years ago

That is f-ing horrible.. thanks for the link joe

#4 6 years ago

I know the loss of pets is even more heartbreaking than the loss of the home. I wish them the speediest recovery possible.

Donation made, bumping back to top.

#5 6 years ago

bump. donation made.

#7 6 years ago

I know him & knew his dad, good people!

#8 6 years ago

Is there a way to donate via PayPal?

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Is there a way to donate via PayPal?

Chris ty... you can send to his PayPal at [email protected]
    Ty for your kindness
    Joe

#10 6 years ago

Ty to everyone who has helped Jerry and his family they have a long road ahead not just financially but emotionally I’m sure. He was down today but hoping the support he’s getting helps his spirits. Here’s a post he made today on FB. Hoping he gets the prayers and support he needs to be strong for his family.

D4DF989E-B62D-4EEF-BDAE-4643201CB4F0 (resized).jpegD4DF989E-B62D-4EEF-BDAE-4643201CB4F0 (resized).jpeg

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Chris ty... you can send to his PayPal at [email protected]
    Ty for your kindness
    Joe

Glad to do it. I would rather send the money to this poor guy than have it sitting in my Paypal account so it was nice to have the option. Thanks for the info.

#12 6 years ago

Just donated. Keep this to the top.

#15 6 years ago

Putting some of that tax refund to good use bump. I'll keep them in my prayers.

#16 6 years ago

Thank you all for your support ! It means a lot to him. He works hard for all my customers and is an asset to the pinball community in general - always lending a hand where needed on the road or at shows. It's got to be hard to lose everything, but comforting to him so many people care.. TY...

#17 6 years ago

Bump for a good cause. I will be donating.

#18 6 years ago

Donation made.

Bump

#19 6 years ago

Met Jerry when he came to my house to pick up a game. Really nice guy. Sorry to hear this news.
    Donation made.

#20 6 years ago

You're a good man for doing this Joe. Donation sent...

#21 6 years ago

Does he have insurance?? My best friends house burned down and they lost everything 5 years ago. But they came out of the whole deal with it being the biggest blessing of their lives. They got to rebuild a nicer house and there belongings were all upgraded. He will litterally tell you it was the best thing to happen to them. They had people giving them things and money and he was always telling them no because the insurance payed everything

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

Does he have insurance?? My best friends house burned down and they lost everything 5 years ago. But they came out of the whole deal with it being the biggest blessing of their lives. They got to rebuild a nicer house and there belongings were all upgraded. He will litterally tell you it was the best thing to happen to them. They had people giving them things and money and he was always telling them no because the insurance payed everything

On their contents yes - but most likely not enough to replace all, unfortunately on the house no. But not his fault - it was because the house was owned by a family member of his wife’s but they let insurance cancel unknown to anyone. So his most pressing issue is having a replacement place to live.

I understand what you are saying to an extent, but I know many people who have been through this and it’s one of the hardest things they go through - insurance or not. Its certainly not a good thing anyone wishes for it enjoys.

#23 6 years ago

Paypal donation made and free bump...

#24 6 years ago

I donated. I can't imagine someone going through something like this.

1 week later
    #25 6 years ago

Bumping this to the top and also added as a front page sticky for a few days. I hope some extra exposure helps!

#26 6 years ago

Donation sent.

Hope Jerry and his family hang in there during this difficult time.

#27 6 years ago

BIG BUMP

#28 6 years ago

Thank you Robin for the sticky.

Donation made.

#29 6 years ago

bump

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Bumping this to the top and also added as a front page sticky for a few days. I hope some extra exposure helps!

This is why you are awesome - doing something like that without being asked... TY ROBIN !
    Joe

#31 6 years ago

I had my home burn down when I was 16. The insurance company never paid my mom or even put her in a hotel. Coincidentally I was in another state. A lawsuit settled in my moms favor a couple years later.

Losing everything in this way. No matter what happens, it sticks with you. I'm sorry this happened to him.

#32 6 years ago

Saw this on the front page, I've never met Jerry but he sounds like a good guy and I am so sorry to hear about the loss. Donation sent.

#33 6 years ago

Donated! Good luck to him!

#34 6 years ago

Thanks guys for posting as I almost missed this. Glad to help and all the best to them! Loads of money on here with all the members... if everyone would give a little they could easily surpass their goal. C'mon Pinside, open your wallets and hearts!!!

1 week later
    #35 6 years ago

At just under $85 per donation I'm fairly impressed with some of the generosity from the people in this hobby. There are a handful of $500 donations from some interesting parties as well. Keep up the great work everyone.

#36 6 years ago

bump for the love of people and animals.

#37 6 years ago

Donated. Glad to help out a fellow Pinsider and a fellow Navy Vet. God Bless.

#38 6 years ago

Donated and a very worthwhile cause for a good guy.

Jerry is at all the shows and delivers NIB pins from PinballStar to my buddy and I.

#40 6 years ago

Kept meaning to comeback to this thread and donate. There. Now that’s done.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

At just under $85 per donation I'm fairly impressed with some of the generosity from the people in this hobby. There are a handful of $500 donations from some interesting parties as well. Keep up the great work everyone.

Don't forget that an unknown number also donated via Paypal, make me feel good about this site.

#42 6 years ago

Check is in the mail. Bump.

#44 6 years ago

I got a call last week to ask if we can accept a check for Jerry, then this came in the mail with a heartfelt note. From someone who doesn’t even know him... I know this is going to brighten his struggles knowing people care.

THANK YOU pinball community. Such good people !!!

Joe

31B4F478-985C-4B26-92D4-9B5994D2483A (resized).jpeg31B4F478-985C-4B26-92D4-9B5994D2483A (resized).jpeg

#45 6 years ago

Happy to donate bump.

#46 6 years ago

Hi Joe,
    Thanks for letting us know. I met Jerry and I believe his brother several months ago when they came to my house to drop off a WoZ. Really nice and great guys. Donation made thru paypal.

#47 6 years ago

If there is a mailing addres

Quoted from PinballSTAR:I got a call last week to ask if we can accept a check for Jerry, then this came in the mail with a heartfelt note. From someone who doesn’t even know him... I know this is going to brighten his struggles knowing people care.
    THANK YOU pinball community. Such good people !!!
    Joe

Can you accept another one? Address? Thanks.

#48 6 years ago

Donated - I hope that it helps toward recovery

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

If there is a mailing addres

Can you accept another one? Address? Thanks.

Why of course...
    Payable to Jerry Witkosky but you can send to
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    50 Fawn Drive
    Dallas, PA 18612

TY very much for kindness and generosity.

#50 6 years ago

My best wishes for you to get back on your feet. Donated via Paypal.
    -Mike

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-friend-lost-everything-in-home-fire-request-to-help-family?hl=lord_of_the_pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.