(Topic ID: 91887)

Pinball Forever clearance SoCal-50+ vintage games for sale through Monday!

By pinballforever

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by iwantansi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN2690.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I've had requests to post this here, so here you go. I'm obviously not on the computer much these next few days, but I appreciate all of your good wishes during this time. As you know, pinball has been a big part of my (and my family's) life for a long time, and this isn't the easiest thing to do. Here's the original email many of you got:

If you’ve ever wanted to own a great vintage pinball machine, Pinball Forever is the place to be this weekend!

At Pinball Forever, we’ve assembled a collection of pinball machines that feature the work of the greatest artists and designers in pinball history.

From Friday through Monday May 23-26, from 11AM to 7PM, we’ll be accepting offers on all of our great games from the 50’s through the 80’s and 90’s. Many of these games are quite rare in their condition, and many are rarely seen in Southern California. The games are sold as-is; you can evaluate the games’ condition in person during these hours. Dave will be there to answer all of your questions about the games and the ins and outs of owning your own pinball machine!

On the morning of Tuesday, May 27 those with the best offers on the games will be notified, and can pay with a PayPal instant transfer or with cash on pickup. For this special event only, Pinball Forever will pay your sales tax! Example: You offer $1500 on a game and the offer is accepted. You will receive a PayPal or cash invoice for $1388.89 + $111.12 (8% sales tax), total $1500. Many games will sell for between $1500 and $3000, so your total savings compared to an auction with a 15% buyer’s fee can range from $350 to $700! What you offer is what you pay!

This special clearance event is our way of helping those in Southern California that supported our historic pinball events to acquire a machine with the lowest possible overhead. By buying direct you’ll pay no auction fees--and this weekend we’ll pay the tax--so there will never be a better time to buy!

Thanks again for all of your support over the years. It has been an amazing journey.

-Dave, Heather and Rachel
The Pinball Forever Family

We’re located at 1518 E Edinger, Suite A, Santa Ana, 92705. If you stand at the Wells Fargo ATM and look to your right, you’ll see our building; we’re the door to the left of Aerostealth. We look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Game list (subject to change):
Knock Out, Skill-Pool, Queen of Hearts, Lovely Lucy, Big Ben, Sluggin' Champ De Luxe, Score-Board, Target Roll, World Beauties, Champion Rifle Range, Flipper Cowboy, Spinner, Flying Chariots, Ice Revue, Pleasure Isle, Shangri-La, Daffie, Pit Stop, Cosmos, Strike Zone, 2001, Extra Inning, Travel Time, Time Zone, Volley, Blue Chip, Jungle Queen, Strange World, Neptune, Sinbad, Memory Lane, Lost World, Close Encounters SS, Dragon EM, Dracula, KISS, Dolly Parton, Firepower, Seawitch, Algar, Alien Poker, Flight 2000, Haunted House, Eight Ball Deluxe LE, Comet, Motor Show, Batman, Revenge From Mars, World Poker Tour

Also: Nip-It (sample game with original Ballygator), Superman, Flash Gordon, Team One, Lucky Strike.

#2 9 years ago

Are these extra games you have or is Pinball Forever going away?

#3 9 years ago

It's the collection that has been open to the public for the past two summers. The future depends on the results of the sale.

#4 9 years ago

Is it a bidding process with no reserve? A true auction? Just curious if it is worth my time if the reserve or "hammer" prices are higher to begin with? Is there a suggested offer range - to let us know the viability of the offers we are making? I live in Carlsbad CA - so it's a drive for me to make it up there. Just want to know what to expect in terms of pin pricing.

#5 9 years ago

Can collectors outside of CA bid on your games?

Marcus

#6 9 years ago

Did anyone stop by or bid on these? how did it turn out?

#7 9 years ago

I did both but no idea how it went really. I haven't heard whether any of my bids were accepted (I assume they weren't) but that would be surprising, as I stood tall on at least one game.

#8 9 years ago

Anyone get a game during this sale?

#9 9 years ago

Do we know if any games are still available?
-mof

#10 9 years ago

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like anyone knows anything. None of the folks I know of that made offers have heard a thing, and nobody is speaking up here.

#11 9 years ago

It was an amazing weekend...I bought my first machine 30 years ago, and I just spent four days of talking pinball with those who love it as much as I do. Winners were notified yesterday morning; I've just now had a moment to get back on the computer, and everyone who made an offer should have received an email with my thanks by now. The majority of the games on the floor sold, and I appreciate every offer we received; we saw many of the folks that have come to Pinball Forever the last two years, and the many people that chose to offer hard-earned money to buy a game from our family business humbled me. These were beautiful games.

Yes, pinsiders (several I had never met before this weekend) won a number of games, and I've had kind reports from the new homes already. I know the games are in good homes!

Thanks everyone.
As always, Pinball Forever!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Fliptronic:

Anyone get a game during this sale?

As a matter of fact I got two of the three that I bid on. Both of these are in well maintained excellent original condition as were most of the machines there. But the best part of the weekend was seeing some of the local pinballers that I knew from before and meeting Dave, the proprietor. I have never met anybody that has as much heart in the history and preservation of all pinball machines and knowledge spanning the decades since it first began.
Thanks Dave! I've got two new treasures.
DSCN2690.JPGDSCN2690.JPG

#13 9 years ago

Seeing these games with their new friends (and awesome owner!) made my night! It's been a long day...

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballforever:

It's been a long day...

Yes it has. And you know if you ever want to visit them, they are not far away. I know how hard it can be to part with something like this when you have cared for them for so long. They are in good hands now. I'm just trying to figure out how to add a shaker.....

2 months later
#15 9 years ago

does anyone know if this place is still open? did they sell off all the machines and pack up shop?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasanton, CA
$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Pinball Machine
Wall To Wall Pinball

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-forever-clearance-socal-50-vintage-games-for-sale-through-monday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.