8 days ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200804_174502 (resized).jpg
    20200804_174437 (resized).jpg
    20200804_174431 (resized).jpg
    20200804_174421 (resized).jpg
    20200804_174411 (resized).jpg
    20200804_174400 (resized).jpg
    20200804_174322 (resized).jpg
    20200804_174353 (resized).jpg
    V1 (resized).JPG
    marstrek1 (resized).jpg
    monte-rosa-1 (resized).jpg
    apache-2 (resized).jpg
    D31F1E54-4E9F-4840-9230-30AB60B54B34 (resized).jpeg
    89BF5D35-42A0-42E5-95E6-37860C23A99F (resized).jpeg
    4D40BD0F-68A5-4F0C-BC2D-E03D299514AD (resized).jpeg
    43048D2A-6009-425D-BFA0-1ACFA1551072 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 days ago

Thought I would start a post for people with any interest in pinball flyers. Some people just collect flyers for the machines they own and hang them on the wall, some collect them in binders. In the old days before computers when I used to do service calls I carried around a loose leaf binder to show customers what I had for sale.
    It got out of control when I started my website in 1999 and I decided to scan and upload all of them. In recent years I’ve added many more foreign flyers that in many cases are the only proof the game existed.
    I thought it would be a good idea to bring it to the attention of the newcomers on pinside. So please share you’re collections and favorite flyers and by all means let me know if you have anything I can add to the collection.

https://nypinball.com/flyer/

There’s also a registry if you want to trade with other collectors.
    If you want to join:
    https://nypinball.com/registry/

#2 7 days ago

I collect the pinball flyers too. There's a decent number of people around the world that collect them pretty seriously.

Personally, I ran out of room for more games - so I started collecting the flyers. I've met lots of good people thru this side of the hobby.

If you want to start collecting - join the registry on New York Pinball's site. I've got lots of spare flyers and always willing to help a new collector get started.

#3 7 days ago

Here's one of the reasons I like the foreign flyers, reading the descriptions of the sales pitch in broken English before the days of spell-check......guess I amuse easily .......

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    #4 7 days ago

Yes, foreign flyers are great. Amazing how many games were made back in the day that have not been seen in the US. Flyers are a great collectible as you will never see these games in person unless your very lucky.

#5 7 days ago

I'm known as a flyer collector. I'll be using over 90 pinball/video/arcade flyers from my collection in my presentation at the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo (http://uplink.liretro.com/). I also rely on flyers for much of the info behind my updates to the Mr. Pinball Price Guide. Most of my wants are driven by wanting to make some point in an upcoming presentation or information resource.
    .................David Marston

#6 7 days ago

I am also a flyer collector. I have recently put up some extras for sale as well. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

All are in new condition and framed. Here is a list:

Monster bash cgc, stranger things, attack from Mars, cirqus voltaire, willy wonka (2x), metallica, dirty harry, Oktoberfest, Oktoberfest alternate, Houdini, iron maiden, pirates of the Caribbean, hobbit alternate, hobbit black arrow autographed by Joe Balcer, black knight sword of rage (pro and 3 premiums), the original Williams black knight rare color alternate, munsters (pro and premium), diner, stern star wars premium.

#7 7 days ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I'm known as a flyer collector. I'll be using over 90 pinball/video/arcade flyers from my collection in my presentation at the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo (http://uplink.liretro.com/). I also rely on flyers for much of the info behind my updates to the Mr. Pinball Price Guide. Most of my wants are driven by wanting to make some point in an upcoming presentation or information resource.

I'm glad to see the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo at the Cradle of Aviation Museum is doing so well, they seem to be gaining in popularity each year. So this year they are doing a virtual version? The LIRGE is mostly video games or are they doing some pinball also? Glad to see you're incorporating flyers into your presentations. There are a lot of video arcade flyer collectors out there too.

#8 7 days ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Had no idea the expo was still happening this year, albeit virtually. I now have plans that weekend, but will try and check it out. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the expo will be in-person again next year. One of me and my daughters favorites.

Quoted from NYP:

I'm glad to see the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo at the Cradle of Aviation Museum is doing so well, they seem to be gaining in popularity each year. So this year they are doing a virtual version? The LIRGE is mostly video games or are they doing some pinball also? Glad to see you're incorporating flyers into your presentations. There are a lot of video arcade flyer collectors out there too.

Yup, I collect mostly arcade flyers, but have just started getting into pinball too. The older flyers are the best. The artwork is fantastic.

I’ll check out your site. Had no idea this was happening in my backyard. I’m across the county in Queens.

#9 7 days ago

I have at least 2-3 big binders full. I have no clue what's in them.
    One unopened package of Cactus Canyon, have no clue how many are in a package.
    It looks like the red binder has some video games in it. All the old stuff I got from a collector many years ago. One of the binders has a lot of newer Stern games in it.

285CE4A9-CAD0-4F00-ABDA-FB48608EA909 (resized).jpeg4D40BD0F-68A5-4F0C-BC2D-E03D299514AD (resized).jpeg43048D2A-6009-425D-BFA0-1ACFA1551072 (resized).jpeg89BF5D35-42A0-42E5-95E6-37860C23A99F (resized).jpegAF8606B7-DF7C-4A04-997B-AE84E92A59C5 (resized).jpegB5982B71-D135-47E3-931C-4C4DD96566D7 (resized).jpegD31F1E54-4E9F-4840-9230-30AB60B54B34 (resized).jpegE52D082A-81C8-49A7-8CC8-24314169D9F5 (resized).jpegFD253F96-0B7C-4DF7-8A71-97E24080A079 (resized).jpeg

#10 7 days ago
    Quoted from NYP:

So this year they are doing a virtual version? The LIRGE is mostly video games or are they doing some pinball also?

Yes, it's virtual. They aspire to have pinball games at the show, but are in a friendly alliance with Pintastic New England.

#11 7 days ago
    Quoted from evileye:

Had no idea the expo was still happening this year, albeit virtually. I now have plans that weekend, but will try and check it out. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the expo will be in-person again next year. One of me and my daughters favorites.

Yup, I collect mostly arcade flyers, but have just started getting into pinball too. The older flyers are the best. The artwork is fantastic.
    I’ll check out your site. Had no idea this was happening in my backyard. I’m across the county in Queens.

Yep, there's something about the colors on the older flyers that are really special. Some manufacturers that used color well were Atari, Gottlieb, Zaccaria, lots of the Spanish manufacturers too. I always wondered if the same artists that did the artwork for the machines did the art for the flyers.

#12 7 days ago

I learn so many strange little tidbits of information collecting flyers, here's an example. A Spanish manufacturer making a machine titled Apache. But the art doesn't show the typical native american indian apache, it shows a french thug harassing a woman. Curious, so when I googled Apache I find out it also means: "a member of a gang of criminals especially in Paris." who knew ??

apache-2 (resized).jpg
    #13 7 days ago

Things that make you go hmm. Another curious one, why would a Japanese manufacturer make a pinball machine about a mountain in the alps between Italy and Switzerland. Lots you can learn from the flyers, they mirror the times when they were made, when you start watching the way the themes match the era the machines were made, you learn a bit of history along the way.

monte-rosa-1 (resized).jpg

#14 5 days ago

On the topic of foreign flyers. Sonic of Spain made some great colorful ones including Mars Trek circa 1977. Space age and science fiction titles are fun to collect.

marstrek1 (resized).jpg
    #15 4 days ago

Count me in the club! I've been collecting them for decades, love them!!

#16 4 days ago

I don't know why, but this one always brings a smile to my face.

V1 (resized).JPG
    #17 3 days ago

20200804_174322 (resized).jpg20200804_174353 (resized).jpg20200804_174400 (resized).jpg20200804_174411 (resized).jpg20200804_174421 (resized).jpg20200804_174431 (resized).jpg20200804_174437 (resized).jpg20200804_174502 (resized).jpg

#18 3 days ago

I did a quick search for comics, there's a few:
    Dialed In
    Iron Maiden
    Judge Dredd
    Space Invaders
    Strange Science

I think that's all of them

#19 3 days ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I don't know why, but this one always brings a smile to my face.
    [quoted image]

I 'think" I know what brings a smile to your face!
    Wasn't the V1 a rocket?
    And what's the green thing on her cheek supposed to be?

#20 3 days ago

I have a meager collection of a few dozen. Would love to buy some more early 80's flyers but the few "mint" ones bought off eBay were shipped in nothing more than a manila folder, and by the time they arrived they were anything but mint.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    SIlverball In Play
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 94.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 35.00
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside