(Topic ID: 274259)

Pinball Flyers Club

By NYP

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231106_182414 (resized).jpg
    20231106_182513 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20231013-201127_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    IMG_4163 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4162 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4161 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4160 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4159 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4158 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4154 (resized).PNG
    20230928_001038 (resized).jpg
    20230928_001335 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230928-093209_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20230925_221225 (resized).jpg
    20230920_094000 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230918-105852_WhatsApp (resized).jpg
    There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 3 years ago

Thought I would start a post for people with any interest in pinball flyers. Some people just collect flyers for the machines they own and hang them on the wall, some collect them in binders. In the old days before computers when I used to do service calls I carried around a loose leaf binder to show customers what I had for sale.
    It got out of control when I started my website in 1999 and I decided to scan and upload all of them. In recent years I’ve added many more foreign flyers that in many cases are the only proof the game existed.
    I thought it would be a good idea to bring it to the attention of the newcomers on pinside. So please share you’re collections and favorite flyers and by all means let me know if you have anything I can add to the collection.

https://nypinball.com/flyer/

There’s also a registry if you want to trade with other collectors.
    If you want to join:
    https://nypinball.com/registry/

#2 3 years ago

I collect the pinball flyers too. There's a decent number of people around the world that collect them pretty seriously.

Personally, I ran out of room for more games - so I started collecting the flyers. I've met lots of good people thru this side of the hobby.

If you want to start collecting - join the registry on New York Pinball's site. I've got lots of spare flyers and always willing to help a new collector get started.

#3 3 years ago

Here's one of the reasons I like the foreign flyers, reading the descriptions of the sales pitch in broken English before the days of spell-check......guess I amuse easily .......

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago

Yes, foreign flyers are great. Amazing how many games were made back in the day that have not been seen in the US. Flyers are a great collectible as you will never see these games in person unless your very lucky.

#5 3 years ago

I'm known as a flyer collector. I'll be using over 90 pinball/video/arcade flyers from my collection in my presentation at the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo (http://uplink.liretro.com/). I also rely on flyers for much of the info behind my updates to the Mr. Pinball Price Guide. Most of my wants are driven by wanting to make some point in an upcoming presentation or information resource.
    .................David Marston

#6 3 years ago

I am also a flyer collector. I have recently put up some extras for sale as well. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.

All are in new condition and framed. Here is a list:

Monster bash cgc, stranger things, attack from Mars, cirqus voltaire, willy wonka (2x), metallica, dirty harry, Oktoberfest, Oktoberfest alternate, Houdini, iron maiden, pirates of the Caribbean, hobbit alternate, hobbit black arrow autographed by Joe Balcer, black knight sword of rage (pro and 3 premiums), the original Williams black knight rare color alternate, munsters (pro and premium), diner, stern star wars premium.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I'm known as a flyer collector. I'll be using over 90 pinball/video/arcade flyers from my collection in my presentation at the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo (http://uplink.liretro.com/). I also rely on flyers for much of the info behind my updates to the Mr. Pinball Price Guide. Most of my wants are driven by wanting to make some point in an upcoming presentation or information resource.

I'm glad to see the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo at the Cradle of Aviation Museum is doing so well, they seem to be gaining in popularity each year. So this year they are doing a virtual version? The LIRGE is mostly video games or are they doing some pinball also? Glad to see you're incorporating flyers into your presentations. There are a lot of video arcade flyer collectors out there too.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Had no idea the expo was still happening this year, albeit virtually. I now have plans that weekend, but will try and check it out. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the expo will be in-person again next year. One of me and my daughters favorites.

Quoted from NYP:

I'm glad to see the Long Island Retro Gaming Expo at the Cradle of Aviation Museum is doing so well, they seem to be gaining in popularity each year. So this year they are doing a virtual version? The LIRGE is mostly video games or are they doing some pinball also? Glad to see you're incorporating flyers into your presentations. There are a lot of video arcade flyer collectors out there too.

Yup, I collect mostly arcade flyers, but have just started getting into pinball too. The older flyers are the best. The artwork is fantastic.

I’ll check out your site. Had no idea this was happening in my backyard. I’m across the county in Queens.

#9 3 years ago

I have at least 2-3 big binders full. I have no clue what's in them.
    One unopened package of Cactus Canyon, have no clue how many are in a package.
    It looks like the red binder has some video games in it. All the old stuff I got from a collector many years ago. One of the binders has a lot of newer Stern games in it.

285CE4A9-CAD0-4F00-ABDA-FB48608EA909 (resized).jpeg285CE4A9-CAD0-4F00-ABDA-FB48608EA909 (resized).jpeg4D40BD0F-68A5-4F0C-BC2D-E03D299514AD (resized).jpeg4D40BD0F-68A5-4F0C-BC2D-E03D299514AD (resized).jpeg43048D2A-6009-425D-BFA0-1ACFA1551072 (resized).jpeg43048D2A-6009-425D-BFA0-1ACFA1551072 (resized).jpeg89BF5D35-42A0-42E5-95E6-37860C23A99F (resized).jpeg89BF5D35-42A0-42E5-95E6-37860C23A99F (resized).jpegAF8606B7-DF7C-4A04-997B-AE84E92A59C5 (resized).jpegAF8606B7-DF7C-4A04-997B-AE84E92A59C5 (resized).jpegB5982B71-D135-47E3-931C-4C4DD96566D7 (resized).jpegB5982B71-D135-47E3-931C-4C4DD96566D7 (resized).jpegD31F1E54-4E9F-4840-9230-30AB60B54B34 (resized).jpegD31F1E54-4E9F-4840-9230-30AB60B54B34 (resized).jpegE52D082A-81C8-49A7-8CC8-24314169D9F5 (resized).jpegE52D082A-81C8-49A7-8CC8-24314169D9F5 (resized).jpegFD253F96-0B7C-4DF7-8A71-97E24080A079 (resized).jpegFD253F96-0B7C-4DF7-8A71-97E24080A079 (resized).jpeg

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

So this year they are doing a virtual version? The LIRGE is mostly video games or are they doing some pinball also?

Yes, it's virtual. They aspire to have pinball games at the show, but are in a friendly alliance with Pintastic New England.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from evileye:

Had no idea the expo was still happening this year, albeit virtually. I now have plans that weekend, but will try and check it out. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the expo will be in-person again next year. One of me and my daughters favorites.

Yup, I collect mostly arcade flyers, but have just started getting into pinball too. The older flyers are the best. The artwork is fantastic.
    I’ll check out your site. Had no idea this was happening in my backyard. I’m across the county in Queens.

Yep, there's something about the colors on the older flyers that are really special. Some manufacturers that used color well were Atari, Gottlieb, Zaccaria, lots of the Spanish manufacturers too. I always wondered if the same artists that did the artwork for the machines did the art for the flyers.

#12 3 years ago

I learn so many strange little tidbits of information collecting flyers, here's an example. A Spanish manufacturer making a machine titled Apache. But the art doesn't show the typical native american indian apache, it shows a french thug harassing a woman. Curious, so when I googled Apache I find out it also means: "a member of a gang of criminals especially in Paris." who knew ??

apache-2 (resized).jpgapache-2 (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago

Things that make you go hmm. Another curious one, why would a Japanese manufacturer make a pinball machine about a mountain in the alps between Italy and Switzerland. Lots you can learn from the flyers, they mirror the times when they were made, when you start watching the way the themes match the era the machines were made, you learn a bit of history along the way.

monte-rosa-1 (resized).jpgmonte-rosa-1 (resized).jpg

#14 3 years ago

On the topic of foreign flyers. Sonic of Spain made some great colorful ones including Mars Trek circa 1977. Space age and science fiction titles are fun to collect.

marstrek1 (resized).jpgmarstrek1 (resized).jpg
    #15 3 years ago

Count me in the club! I've been collecting them for decades, love them!!

#16 3 years ago

I don't know why, but this one always brings a smile to my face.

V1 (resized).JPGV1 (resized).JPG
    #17 3 years ago

20200804_174322 (resized).jpg20200804_174322 (resized).jpg20200804_174353 (resized).jpg20200804_174353 (resized).jpg20200804_174400 (resized).jpg20200804_174400 (resized).jpg20200804_174411 (resized).jpg20200804_174411 (resized).jpg20200804_174421 (resized).jpg20200804_174421 (resized).jpg20200804_174431 (resized).jpg20200804_174431 (resized).jpg20200804_174437 (resized).jpg20200804_174437 (resized).jpg20200804_174502 (resized).jpg20200804_174502 (resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago

I did a quick search for comics, there's a few:
    Dialed In
    Iron Maiden
    Judge Dredd
    Space Invaders
    Strange Science

I think that's all of them

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I don't know why, but this one always brings a smile to my face.
    [quoted image]

I 'think" I know what brings a smile to your face!
    Wasn't the V1 a rocket?
    And what's the green thing on her cheek supposed to be?

#20 3 years ago

I have a meager collection of a few dozen. Would love to buy some more early 80's flyers but the few "mint" ones bought off eBay were shipped in nothing more than a manila folder, and by the time they arrived they were anything but mint.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

I "think" I know why you think it brings a smile to my face, and if I'm right, then you're half right

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

the few "mint" ones bought off eBay were shipped in nothing more than a manila folder, and by the time they arrived they were anything but mint.

that sucks big time!! If I ever trade or sell flyers I always ship between stiff card! I hope you gave appropriate feedback!!

1 week later
    #23 3 years ago

Here's an example of what's old is new again. I always thought cameras in pinball machines were a smart gimmick for JJP, but while looking through my flyers I noticed it's not new. In fact Stern did it in 1979 with a game many never even heard of, Cosmic Princess, which I think was a kit game, but the IPDB says it was made by an Australian company named Allied, so a bit of confusion on that one. But did Stern copy if from Weiko with their "Flipp Foto" idea? Then it was seen again in 1982 with Magic Picture Pin from Arkon of Germany. Then again in 1986 with Flash Dragon from Playmatic. Then I don't see any until JJP re-introduced it. Anyone aware of any camera games I'm missing? I wonder who's idea it was at JJP and what gave them the idea.....

Cosmic Princess: https://nypinball.com/flyers/cosmic-princess/

Flipp Foto: https://nypinball.com/flyers/flipp-foto/

Magic Picture Pin: https://nypinball.com/flyers/magic-picture-pin/

Flash Dragon: https://nypinball.com/flyers/flash-dragon/

1 week later
    #24 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

the IPDB says it was made by an Australian company named Allied,

Licensed from Stern.

Quoted from NYP:

Anyone aware of any camera games I'm missing?

I found these:

Go Girl! has a video camera in backbox: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5005

New Canasta: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5554

Pinball-42 ("not a pinball") : https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6109

Dialed In: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6350,6351,6352

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6647,6648,6649

#25 3 years ago

I am seeking out a few pinball flyer suggestions:

What are the best spooky/haunted themed flyers?

What are the top medieval/wizard/castle/dragon/knight themed pinball flyers?

If anyone has any suggestions, or any for sale, please let me know.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Licensed from Stern.

I found these:
    Go Girl! has a video camera in backbox: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5005
    New Canasta: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5554
    Pinball-42 ("not a pinball") : https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6109
    Dialed In: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6350,6351,6352
    Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6647,6648,6649

I didn't know the IPDB did re-themed games now. I just updated my New Canasta's flyer description to show that it has a camera, thanks for that! Go Girl looks pretty unique, I heard Stern is working on something similar....or not. Pinball 42, eh, seems there's a lot of these video screen pins popping up, can't keep tract any more, nor do I want to. I think all the JJP games have cameras, don't they?

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am seeking out a few pinball flyer suggestions:
    What are the best spooky/haunted themed flyers?
    What are the top medieval/wizard/castle/dragon/knight themed pinball flyers?
    If anyone has any suggestions, or any for sale, please let me know.

Hmmm, there are probably many, I'll just take a stab at a few. Not sure if you're going for haunted/spooky themed, or Halloween themed or both here's a few:

Spooky ( zaccaria)
    Americas most haunted (spooky)
    alice coopers nightmare castle
    haunted house
    addams family
    alien
    class of 1812
    devils dare
    elvira
    freddy nightmare on elm st
    ghostbusters
    mephisto
    munsters
    mystery score
    POTO
    TFTC

There's probably many more.....

Medieval?

The obvious
    Medieval madness
    Dungeons and DRagons
    The black knights
    GOT's
    Gladiators
    hobbit
    LOTR

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Wasn't the V1 a rocket?
    And what's the green thing on her cheek supposed to be?

So the “V” is a reference to the TV show, circa 2009. The green thing on the face was part of the show as well....

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Hmmm, there are probably many, I'll just take a stab at a few. Not sure if you're going for haunted/spooky themed, or Halloween themed or both here's a few:
    Spooky ( zaccaria)
    Americas most haunted (spooky)
    alice coopers nightmare castle
    haunted house
    addams family
    alien
    class of 1812
    devils dare
    elvira
    freddy nightmare on elm st
    ghostbusters
    mephisto
    munsters
    mystery score
    POTO
    TFTC
    There's probably many more.....
    Medieval?
    The obvious
    Medieval madness
    Dungeons and DRagons
    The black knights
    GOT's
    Gladiators
    hobbit
    LOTR

I have some of these already, but some I had to look up.

Do you know where I could get a flyer for mystery score, spooky, one of the Elviras, or class of 1812...or anyone that may have them?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I have some of these already, but some I had to look up.
    Do you know where I could get a flyer for mystery score, spooky, one of the Elviras, or class of 1812...or anyone that may have them?

I have a scared stiff and class of 1812, figure $10 plus $5 shipping. Zaccaria Spooky is pretty rare = expensive and don't have an extra. And no Mystery Score. LMK if there's any others you need.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

I didn't know the IPDB did re-themed games now.

We'll show a re-themed game if we see it out and about at shows where attendees might not know it's re-themed and will search IPDB to find out more about it. We'll make a modest listing for it, to inform them it's re-themed rather than let them pull up nothing and then possibly think the IPDB omitted a factory game.

Go Girl! got a lot of attention at its Expo appearance.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Go Girl! got a lot of attention at its Expo appearance.

Must be the most obscure description of a game on the IPDB!!:

The player has to stand on a pair of 8-inch heels to play. Making the skill shot - "spin the queen" - causes a Ken doll dressed up in drag to spin around in circles. While the game is in action, the video monitor in the backglass shows images of drag queens cheering you on when you are doing well and sassing you when you are not. Your goal is to knock down the homophobe drop targets and spell "get it girl" to lock the balls in multi-ball. When two balls are locked, your face appears on the video monitor with any one of various wigs superimposed over it. Using the flipper buttons, you are able to scroll through a dozen different hairdos until you find one that you like. That image is captured and you play multi-ball. Locking the balls again allows you to digitally apply make-up and lipstick to your image. All the while, a disco sound track keeps the action going!

Do you have the flyer for this one Ron??

#33 3 years ago

I'm wondering how many people slipped into those heels to play it at Expo It actually sounds like they put some thought into the design. No flyer for that one....

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

I'm wondering how many people slipped into those heels to play it at Expo

I wouldn't be allowed to play it, I only have 6" heels as part of my drag outfit...

#35 3 years ago

I’ve got a bunch of flyers that will go out in one lot if anyone is interested?

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

What time range? All pinball, or many game types, or even some non-game items? If all stacked up in one stack, how tall is the stack?

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Then it was seen again in 1982 with Magic Picture Pin from Arkon of Germany

Are you sure this has a camera in it that photographs the player? I'm only aware of the projector that projects images on a screen in the playfield... like Sexy Girl does by the same company...

#38 3 years ago

I am interested in a flyer for a midway mystery score if anyone has one.

#39 3 years ago

Are you sure this has a camera in it that photographs the player? I'm only aware of the projector that projects images on a screen in the playfield... like Sexy Girl does by the same company...

Yes you’re right, good catch, I stand corrected !! It is similar to sexy girl.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

I've thought of selling mine also. I must have 150 or so.

Mostly 80's and 90's although a few older and a few newer. All manufacturers.

I need to sit down and make a list. I've never had the ambition yet.

#42 3 years ago

I am looking for a midway mystery score, bally 4 million bc, bally joust, and sega monster gun.

I am interested in medieval/castle/dragon/wizard/knight themes and also
    Spooky/haunted/monster themes

If anyone has anything like that, please let me know.

#43 3 years ago

Does anyone know if Stern made flyers for Black Knight SoR which no NOT have the Planetary Pinball logo under the Stern logo? All of my flyers (Pro, Premium and LE) have this logo, Inc. doubles... as per photo below... can't see this logo on any other Stern flyer...

20200905_170209 (resized).jpg20200905_170209 (resized).jpg
    #44 3 years ago

Does anyone know if Stern made flyers for Black Knight SoR which no NOT have the Planetary Pinball logo under the Stern logo?

I would think not. It's probably part of the deal by which Stern Pinball licensed any WMS intellectual property related to Black Knight. That logo has not appeared on any previous Stern Pinball flyer because BK:SoR is the first game where Planetary has been the licensor's agent.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

That logo has not appeared on any previous Stern Pinball flyer because BK:SoR is the first game where Planetary has been the licensor's agent.

I think you've solved that one!

#47 3 years ago

Sent you a PM for a bunch of crap.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I am looking for a midway mystery score, bally 4 million bc, bally joust, and sega monster gun.
    I am interested in medieval/castle/dragon/wizard/knight themes and also
    Spooky/haunted/monster themes
    If anyone has anything like that, please let me know.

Hey, don't have any of the specific ones that you listed, but here's a bunch that may fall into the themes that you are interested in. I have doubles of all of these, let me know if any of them spark your interest;

Gottlieb 1975 Abracadabra
    Gottlieb 1982 Haunted House
    Gottlieb 1982 Devil’s Dare
    Gottlieb 1982 Spirit
    Stern 1979 Dracula
    Stern 1980 Nineball
    Stern 2004 Ripley’s Believe it or not!
    Stern 2016 Ghostbusters LE
    Stern 2016 Ghostbusters Premium
    Williams 1979 Gorgar (w/record)
    Williams 1985 Sorcerer
    Williams 1993 Bram Stoker’s Dracula
    Williams 1998 Monster Bash
    Bally 1980 Space Invaders
    Bally 1981 Centaur
    Bally 1981 Fireball II
    Bally 1984 Kings of Steel
    Bally 1989 Elvira & the Party Monsters
    Bally 1992 The Addams Family
    Bally 1992 Creature from the Black Lagoon
    Bally 1995 Attack from Mars
    Bally 1996 Scared Stiff
    Bally 1999 Revenge from Mars
    Alvin G 1993 Mystery Castle
    Recel 1979 Cavalier
    Sega 1995 Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
    Sega 1997 The X-Files
    Sega 1998 Godzilla

#49 3 years ago

cool idea here ... and these are flyers I am missing, would like them, as I have / had the machines and / or the backglasses.

so any offering of those are mor than welcome

Hot Wheels - Zaccaria

Le Grand 8

Sexy Gil Deluxe

Sky Warrior

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from KAH66:

cool idea here ... and these are flyers I am missing, would like them, as I have / had the machines and / or the backglasses.
    so any offering of those are mor than welcome
    Hot Wheels - Zaccaria
    Le Grand 8
    Sexy Gil Deluxe
    Sky Warrior

Hmm, didn't know there was a sexy girl deluxe? Bigger boobs?

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-flyers-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.