New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 169487)

Pinball Fails Documented here!!!

By RTR

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RTR
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jpop (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riptor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

I was recapping a williams system 6 power supply and put a cap in backwards. Noticed the displays were not working when I powered up. Looking around to see if I had missed a connector I started hearing a hissing sound. I proceeded to stick my head closer to the back box to see where the sound was coming from...BOOM. I was lucky that the cap body held on to the board. Other than needed to change underwear and a ringing in my ears I was ok.
So normally when there is a pair of caps on a board they typically go the same direction....not these. It was late at night and I was not paying close enough attention.
It took me about 30 minutes to clean up all the paper frags from inside the backbox and on the playfield. Its amazing how much paper is inside one little cap.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riptor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside