You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CGYnJILXIAATCCC (resized).png
jpop (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_3897 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VacFink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from mikepin:

Yesat this point we are believing its better to have Houdini at expo than not If American piball can prove in their seminar and their game that they are real everyone will benefit

I understand what seems like a fair approach, but wouldn't discount the outcome and impact of that discussion in an uncontrolled crowd, potentially which very emotional people with direct and serious financial damage. If the direction of the show is family friendly, your inviting a set of circumstances that are uncontrollable and prone to a negative outcome. I don't see the risk vs reward.

You might mitigate it if the company would openly address their hinted at plan to rectify Magic Girl users, but they should be held to clarify that well in advance or it is likely to be the only subject up for 'discussion' at the show and it should address all of the impacted JPOP users, not just MG.

For the sake of protecting unaware and family minded uninitiated people into that mess, that should all be transparent or not allowed in my view.

In my opinion, allowing them without some rectification beforehand, your inviting drama and that's what you'll get. I don't think pinball is about that and wouldn't want to expose newly interested people to that level of conflict.

On the other hand, maybe it will help them be more cautious and not make the same mistakes others made here.

There's clear evidence that this company is working with someone who is a detriment to the community and an ongoing unresolved affair, inviting them to announce or even attempt to address it as part and parcial to a new game announcement condones that activity and decision in my opinion.

They claim to know his history and even claim to be attempting to rectify it, why then let them continue it as a secretive affair and 'maybe' expose it at the show, all while drumming up attention and fan fair for a product that up to this point has dismissed the severe impact JPOP made on this community.

If it were my show, I wouldn't let him in the door for those reasons precisely, not without addressing those issues completely and beforehand, then the unveiling could be about the new game and pinball as it should be, but they shouldn't be forgiven or their possibly poor decisions ignored without some transparency. We shouldn't put those victims into an 'event' even if it offers some closure. It should be fair, direct to each one of them, and without public participation.

Just something to consider.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#79 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Rarely have a seen a situation, where a new Company even mentions fixing someone elses debt issues, especially when in litigation at this level. I applaud them for trying, and hope we let them try first, before hanging them.

I understand that thinking but see it differently. The company is seems to have set a strategy that leverages the high emotion, history, and intensity to promote their entree into the community. They know enough to try to address building the machines, so understand at some level the scope of the problem. Yet, they turn righting that wrong into a spectacle in front of their overall announcement. ????

Instead of treating those people with respect and understanding of the damage done, they appear tantilize with new whiffs of hope which appear very much exactly like previous false hopes. Its wrong in my opinion and seems to stem strongly from the same secretive and rumor driven proclivities JPOP exploited to get his Zidware buyers on the hook already. Its more of the same with a new front in my opinion and those signs show a continued blatant disregard for the impact that has occurred, the strategies employed that magnified it into a very harmful community scar, and that seems to imply with good reason that's getting driven by the same source, JPOP. Its the same and if the company could do it differently its not, why? Maybe because its not a different company, because it looks at lot like a JPOP strategy to a problem JPOP made. I'm just not seeing anything 'new' that sets 'American Pinball' separate from JPOP and all that harm and problem.

Can anyone really list what about this entire 'roll-out' is different than JPOP's other games. Same secrecy, same confusion, same disdain for real impacts.

I'm honestly disappointed that the current victims are getting roped into further trauma and public exploitation and as I stated in the Expo AP announcement, it should be at expo until the victims are addressed and done so less publicly. Fixing JPOP's wrong should not be an asset to the new company that gets leveraged in my opinion, its ultimately their penance for choosing to hire him and should be handled with respect not celebrated with overt greed at its production of noise and notice in an increasingly crowded market for high end luxury toys.

I think I generally want to forgive and forget, but this company didn't set out to do that. They announced their new game first, setting that as the primary goal, and knowing about the damage and chose to lead with the 'panic/outlash/high activity strategy and so far share just enough info to fan the flames and continue the attention. It doesn't show any sincere signs of regard for the victims which has me wondering is it not really more of the same and from the same source, just a bit more removed...or maybe shielded.

At this point, for me, if this were the best game in the world, I have so little respect for the management of this messaging, it's hard to imagine its redeemable. I wouldn't put my money there on principal. Not all buyers consider that, so can understand the differences. Like I said, I'm prone to turning the other cheek but not seeing any cause or reason to do so yet. Maybe that will change.

If I were them. I'd back out of Expo - adress the JPOP victims, build community respect, and put their new game out on its own merits with a ton of good will. That's not happening and if I had to guess because it JPOP leading the show, setting direction, and nothing at all has changed. I just hope we don't loose more sheep to that wolf.

Edit: Consider this, if you were starting a company would you start with a toxic asset and agree to inherit and even resolve it, absorbing it as 'start up' costs? Seems improbable and there's no reasonable logic that makes that a realistic. If you start to ask WHY AP would do this, well the only reason you would, is because you HAVE to, and the only person who does is JPOP, so AP is probably JPOP.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

This is going to be a loooong thread.

I'll throw out a completely real positive. Ready....

All of this only show's how passionate everyone is about the hobby, that kind of tight investment with so much passion is a sign of a healthy hobby that can support a robust industry.

Its interesting to consider that the passion really comes from a hobby that has a history of ebb and flow, and fear of a trough and anything that can forecast or cause a new trough is looked upon with great scrutiny. In some ways it may be why the current boon has been sustained for so long and continues. So good things coming from the worst parts if you look with a bright enough light.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VacFink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-update-re-american-pinball?tu=VacFink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.