Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 154 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Crusade-115-Card (resized).png
    racist-603x307 (resized).png
    awe2 (resized).png
    d5dd2ad9f700de9b64b63d4c5a9536be--british-actors-american-actors (resized).jpg
    l (resized).jpg
    lloyd-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chance (resized).jpg
    train-thread_derailed (resized).jpg
    thread_derailed_sign (resized).jpg
    Ward-JuneCleaver-and-Beaver (resized).jpg
    ref-whistle-blow (resized).jpg
    th.jpeg
    image.jpg
    masterofdisaster.jpg
    b-day.jpg

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm at Expo and ten minutes ago rode up the elevator with three guys taking a machine up to their room. They had it wrapped and hidden under blankets.
    I smiled when I got on with them and said "I love people that break the rules"
    - I wish I had gotten their names.

But did they hit all the buttons in the elevator???

#52 8 years ago

Would this be against the rules?

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm at Expo and ten minutes ago rode up the elevator with three guys taking a machine up to their room. They had it wrapped and hidden under blankets.
    I smiled when I got on with them and said "I love people that break the rules"
    - I wish I had gotten their names.

TSPP?

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from cards25:

I can attest this to be factual.........LOL!!! I was 2 doors down. I thought it was hilarious......my wife, not so much.

Tell her I'm sorry!

Hotel staff have been nothing but nice and helpful, I have no complaints.

#55 8 years ago

Yes the happenings in Presidential suite last year WAS a problem besides noise there was damage done to place .WE heard about it big time. Overall the WESTIN treats is VERY WELL and we have a sweet contract there for 3 more years... MIKE PACAK

#56 8 years ago

I couldn't tell as it was too well hidden.

#57 8 years ago

Nothing but great experiences with the hotel staff this year. Everyone has been super friendly and accomidating.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from marcos:

The hotel spent a lot of money renovating the public areas a few months back. Public areas include the hallways and
    ballrooms/meeting rooms.
    All of these areas have:
    New carpet
    New wallpaper
    New furniture
    (new) digital signage
    I can see why they want to protect their investment from the "pinballers."
    -Mark

I always find the hotel stuff interesting. Just for the record...

The Brookfield Sheraton two years ago did a complete multi million dollar remodel. The purposely scheduled it so that the remodel would be done in time for the Midwest Gaming Classic, where they happily let us load in where ever, and rearrange all their furniture. Anyone who walked through the lobby at midnight last year with the big group hooting and hollering while playing a game can attest to this.

They also allowed us to build a power grid into their existing set up used only for us, take over the bar area for speakers (their idea!) and stake down a tent in their parking lot.

People know that with us, the Sheraton isn't the perfect solution to all our needs, but man do they bend over backwards to do stuff do the show. I can't imagine working with a place that was less than accommodating.

Yes, as someone said, they requirements aren't huge, but the loading one I would find a huge problem, and the machines in rooms one could be handled by saying you can't have them on in your rooms or something. Otherwise, if you get a project and you don't just want it out in your car, where does it go?

1 week later
    #59 8 years ago

I would personally like to thank the Westin staff for having to clean all the sheets Violent Steve pissed in.

#60 8 years ago

Oops...that was me....

#61 8 years ago

That yoga mats seen better days

#62 8 years ago

MONKEY !!!
    My favorite monkey of all time, no doubt. Lucky for you Clyde is an orangutan, and not a monkey. Right turn Clyde.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Yes the happenings in Presidential suite last year WAS a problem besides noise there was damage done to place .WE heard about it big time. Overall the WESTIN treats is VERY WELL and we have a sweet contract there for 3 more years... MIKE PACAK

Wasn't dutch pinball renting the presidental suite last year?
    Hmmmm. They continue to impress, don't they.

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I would personally like to thank the Westin staff for having to clean all the sheets Violent Steve pissed in.

Tell me you left a tip.

#65 8 years ago

I just assumed that DP rented out the whole floor. Not like they were paying John Goodman royalties or anything.
    But I never saw any damage. Only party peoples.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Tell me you left a tip.

I always tip. Doesn't everybody ?
    I'm serious.

1 week later
    #68 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Oops...that was me....

Damn right it was, f***er!!! I was a model citizen, unlike some escaped inmate from Indiana I roomed with. HULK SMASH!!!

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I always find the hotel stuff interesting. Just for the record...
    The Brookfield Sheraton two years ago did a complete multi million dollar remodel. The purposely scheduled it so that the remodel would be done in time for the Midwest Gaming Classic, where they happily let us load in where ever, and rearrange all their furniture. Anyone who walked through the lobby at midnight last year with the big group hooting and hollering while playing a game can attest to this.
    They also allowed us to build a power grid into their existing set up used only for us, take over the bar area for speakers (their idea!) and stake down a tent in their parking lot.
    People know that with us, the Sheraton isn't the perfect solution to all our needs, but man do they bend over backwards to do stuff do the show. I can't imagine working with a place that was less than accommodating.
    Yes, as someone said, they requirements aren't huge, but the loading one I would find a huge problem, and the machines in rooms one could be handled by saying you can't have them on in your rooms or something. Otherwise, if you get a project and you don't just want it out in your car, where does it go?

hotels at times will due quite a lot for a big event.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I suppose this was to be expected when we moved upscale from that old Ramada Inn.

David, I think any place would have been an upgrade from Skankytown! Miss that place. Jay

9 months later
    #71 7 years ago

I'm not bringing any M-80's at all.

#73 7 years ago

Patches.
    The clown. Heard he's gonna be there. We'll be clownin !

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

For those who NEED to have a machine in their room: the Olde Court Inn still had its Vacancy light lit as of an hour ago.
    If you don't mind roaches bedbugs, crackhead and crack dealer neibors and if you need a whore then this place will suit you nicely.
    Infamous month to month tenancy there in the scum of the earth catagory so stay at you own peril!
    Tom

And you think the Westin does not have bed bugs? I beg to differ...

1 week later
    #75 7 years ago

Bed bugs gotcha beggin to differ ? Turns out that Nigerian Prince from CL can really get ya a deal,...like, gallons of them. Got one for Violent Steves bed myself. Quart of Zika mosquitoes on backorder.

#76 7 years ago

If the hotel gets on our case, we should get on the hotels case

1 month later
    #77 7 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

If the hotel gets on our case, we should get on the hotels case

Get off my case toilet face !

#78 7 years ago

Welcome Back Kotter had one of the greatest theme songs ever.

1 week later
    #79 7 years ago

This year the room's on Violent Steves card.

#80 7 years ago

Changing out all artwork. Keeping robes and comforter. 1000 M-80's. Having campfire and smores. You're invited.

#81 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Changing out all artwork. Keeping robes and comforter. 1000 M-80's. Having campfire and smores. You're invited.

Don't forget to bring that awesome round black Bluetooth speaker. I wish I could join you guys. Can't wait to read your Expo reports.

#82 7 years ago

Any pics of transporting a pinball machine in hotel elevator up to your room? j/k
    Please don't launch any pinball machines off a balcony down into a swimming pool.

#83 7 years ago

Maybe I should bring some headphone kits for the people with pins in their rooms

#84 7 years ago

**never mind. Tried to attach a picture. Tired of fighting pinside to get pictures to upload.**

#85 7 years ago

Hopefully the weather is nicer this year so they don't get so shitty about only having 1 of the load in overhead doors open at a time. They were trying to force us to air-lock style it last year. Sucked.

#86 7 years ago

Hoping not too many pinball people get flagged for misconduct penalties at this year's Expo.
    ref-whistle-blow (resized).jpgref-whistle-blow (resized).jpg

And curious what the lessons learned will be from this year's Expo.
    Ward-JuneCleaver-and-Beaver (resized).jpgWard-JuneCleaver-and-Beaver (resized).jpg

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Hopefully the weather is nicer this year so they don't get so shitty about only having 1 of the load in overhead doors open at a time. They were trying to force us to air-lock style it last year. Sucked.

Light drizzle right now, gray overcast 70ish with a light breeze.

#88 7 years ago

Over to you Brick...

Quoted from Skins:

Light drizzle right now, gray overcast 70ish with a light breeze.

#89 7 years ago

Welcome back...
    Welcome back, welcome back
    Welcome back

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Over to you Brick...

This just in.... YZFguy plans to take Gryszzz up on the Miller light offer. ...stay tuned for further.

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Mega karma for the first person that posts a pic of a game in their room!!! - I double dog dare you!!

Agreed!

11 months later
    #92 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Bout that time again.
    Campfire got a lil outta control last year though. Violent Steves card covered all 3 smoke damaged rooms at least.

#93 6 years ago

you gettin drunk in the free play room all night?

#94 6 years ago

Lucky guess? Or factually based prior evidence?
    Either way....you know it.
    At least I'm bringing Indy 500 this year!

#95 6 years ago

I will have to play a game that. I havent played one in a long time. Im bring twilight zone and a case of beer. Pinball life charity party to kick it off.

#96 6 years ago

Yeah every year we always say "hey let's have some beers!" and then never meet up lol. Happens too often, with a lot of dudes. I can generally be found outside in the smokers lounge. Pretty much don't even need pinball or a room, just a carton of Camels.
    I'm working PL party this year so we will DEF be hangin bub.

#97 6 years ago

SO GODDAMNIT my best girlfriend Violent Steve cannot make Expo. Really bums me out.
    Hope there's still a row of Sinbads.

#98 6 years ago

Show in Indy on Oct 21st (WITH LEGION!!!) just listen for the DRI. Room 665.

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

SO GODDAMNIT my best girlfriend Violent Steve cannot make Expo. Really bums me out.

Yep. That was the last straw for me...

#100 6 years ago

I was only able to go to Expo for a few hours on saturday last year and sadly I won't be able to attend it all this year. I was hoping to possibly make it to the pinball life open house but again work got in the way of that. These things sound like if you're with the right group of people it can get a little wild and a whole lot of fun.

Looks like im gonna have to meet up with Gryszz at an event and let him take me under his wing and show me the ways lol

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-the-hotel-is-getting-on-our-case/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.