(Topic ID: 252237)

Expo 2019 Project Pinball Silent Auction Ended

By jellikit

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

listings.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_20191017_194426 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191017_194446 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191017_194456 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5005 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191016_091118 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191016_091107 (resized).jpg
    munsters_bw (resized).jpg
    DSC00105 (resized).JPG
    DSC00104 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20191012_083049~2 (resized).jpg
    nw_keychain.gif
    nw1 (resized).png
    nw2 (resized).png
    IMG_20191011_092417_1~2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191011_094356~2 (resized).jpg

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

As of now I am excited to say we have canvas, prints, and translites from the following artists and photographers:

Charles Acosta
    Brian Allen
    Dirty Donny
    Christopher Franchi
    Greg Freres
    Mitch O'Connell
    Matthew Owen
    Jeremy Packer (Zombie Yeti)
    Zoltron

There are great items for your machines as well as your walls! Thanks everyone.

Added over 4 years ago:

Federico Barbato

#52 4 years ago

Some great limited prints from Dirty Donny.

IMG_20191007_220247~2.jpgIMG_20191007_220247~2.jpgIMG_20191007_220445.jpgIMG_20191007_220445.jpg
    #53 4 years ago

And the wonderful gift of giving continues from the community. Dan from Tilt Topper has gone out of his way in working to provide a Jurassic Park pinball topper for the auction, designed for the new Stern machine (also known as JP2). Thanks to everyone for their support in any capacity.

JP2-1 (resized).jpegJP2-1 (resized).jpegJP2-2 (resized).jpegJP2-2 (resized).jpeg
    #54 4 years ago

Doc Mack has been great to the community and auction having provided some day passes to the Galloping Ghost. If you have not been there yet, please make sure to visit, it is a great location.

Galloping Ghost.pngGalloping Ghost.png
    #55 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

And the wonderful gift of giving continues from the community. Dan from Tilt Topper has gone out of his way in working to provide a Jurassic Park pinball topper for the auction, designed for the new Stern machine (also known as JP2). Thanks to everyone for their support in any capacity.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I need that for my JP!

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I need that for my JP!

I don't have one and I need it!

#57 4 years ago

Robert from Hooked on Pinball has donated a Gobstopper shooter rod and Golden Ticket shooter plate for Willy Wonka. A great addition to make the machine 'pop' even more.

20191008_213038.jpg20191008_213038.jpg
    #58 4 years ago

Everyone knows Ron Kruzman for his playfield work, but he is also a great guy I've called a friend for a long time. And he has donated one of his playfield install kits, which you can read about here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-mirco-playfield-gone-over-by-kruzman-swap/page/2#post-5246896

RonKruzmanLogo_PNGFile (resized).pngRonKruzmanLogo_PNGFile (resized).png
    #59 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballphotos:

Pinball Photos and Jersey Jack Pinball have the honor to donate a one of a kind Wonka 24"x36" Museum Grade Canvas for the forthcoming Project Pinball Auction. The Canvas will be sign at the upcoming Pinball Expo by Charles Acosta (Pinball Photos Photographer) and Jack Guarnieri (Jersey Jack Pinball).[quoted image]

Wow. That is striking.

#60 4 years ago

And more gracious giving from the community. This time coming from local collector (and good guy) Ehren Bilshausen. He is donating a framed NOS Terminator 2 translite. Thanks!

IMG_8059 (resized).jpegIMG_8059 (resized).jpeg
    #61 4 years ago

Do you want to own a piece of pinball history? Something you may have never seen in person before? Mirco Playfields has donated a Cosmic Carnival playfield featuring Dirty Donny's artwork wonderful artwork.
    60867533_404259200429112_4789532943343157248_n (resized).jpg60867533_404259200429112_4789532943343157248_n (resized).jpg

#62 4 years ago

I've got a London Pinball Large T-shirt to donate that I'm bringing with me from the UK:

creech (resized).jpgcreech (resized).jpg

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've got a London Pinball Large T-shirt to donate that I'm bringing with me from the UK:
    [quoted image]

It looks great, thanks! There will be auction items for everyone. Parts, gift certificates, mods, shirts, prints, playfield protectors, translites, playfields, and more.

#64 4 years ago

The alternative translite from Federico Barbato for auction arrived yesterday. He went out of his way to make sure it made it to Chicago from Portugal before the show, which is absolutely appreciated. Below it is showcased in a Lit Frame (not included) to give an idea of how great it looks. It also includes a limited sketch and stickers. Thanks again Fed! #the_walking_dead

IMG_20191011_092417_1~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20191011_092417_1~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20191011_094356~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20191011_094356~2 (resized).jpg
    #65 4 years ago

Would you like to take a game home from Expo but have concerns about getting it on the plane or in your car? Well no worries, New Wave Toys has donated one of their Tempest X Replicade games. It is 12" tall, licensed by Atari, and plays like the original. Great for the bar top! They have also included some 'Insert Coin' light-up keychains as well.

nw1 (resized).pngnw1 (resized).pngnw2 (resized).pngnw2 (resized).pngnw_keychain.gifnw_keychain.gif
    #66 4 years ago

Not only does Doc Mack have a new Elvira LE on location (as well as the other two), but he has provided a number of passes for his awesome Galloping Ghost Arcade and Pinball. The pinball machine count is around 40 and 700+ arcade games, yes you read that right it is the largest arcade in the country. If you have never paid a visit, it is located in Brookfield, IL it and well worth the trip, open 7 days a week. The support is appreciated!
    IMG_20191012_083049~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20191012_083049~2 (resized).jpg

#67 4 years ago

Hi Brad

Let me know if you can use Star Trek mirror blades or framed/signed/lighted WOZ translite, and I'll bring them to Expo and give them to you on Thursday.

LTG : )

DSC00104 (resized).JPGDSC00104 (resized).JPGDSC00105 (resized).JPGDSC00105 (resized).JPG
    #68 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hi Brad
    Let me know if you can use Star Trek mirror blades or framed/signed/lighted WOZ translite, and I'll bring them to Expo and give them to you on Thursday.
    LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Lloyd! The mirror blades would be a nice addition to the auction.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

The mirror blades would be a nice addition to the auction.

Do you want the translite ?

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Do you want the translite ?

Sorry I misread as one or the other, but sure we'll take them both.

#71 4 years ago

It looks like I may not be able to make expo this year as planned.

Will there be a way to place bids remotely?

#72 4 years ago

Awesome items Brad, can’t wait to stop by and check them all out

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

Awesome items Brad, can’t wait to stop by and check them all out

Yes, very generous people, companies, modders, vendors, artists, and the list goes on! For anyone that doesn't want to go through the thread to see items that will be available, here is a slideshow that goes through a majority of what will be there. Thanks again everyone!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQyzIjE5Dbvni6e6sFEAwpTCDbMtxL25kBZcSXA7y-QkVGlXyMOqH4yaSADozWtMMuZs5GttBxEpiMF/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=3000

#74 4 years ago

Brandon at Arcade Upkeep has provided a promo code for one of his very cool auto-dimming backbox panels, check it out here:

The code will cover the cost of a panel as well as shipping and handling. Thanks for another great item for the auction!

#75 4 years ago

Mike at Great American Pinball has donated an 'imperfect' black and white Munsters playfield set (main and lower), populated playfield shown below for reference. A great addition to any game room. Come to the Project Pinball booth and check it out! Thanks Mike!

munsters_bw (resized).jpgmunsters_bw (resized).jpg
    #77 4 years ago

We are just about out of bumps. Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Expo I go... And a good thing many are providing their donations at the show.

IMG_20191016_091118 (resized).jpgIMG_20191016_091118 (resized).jpgIMG_20191016_091107 (resized).jpgIMG_20191016_091107 (resized).jpg
    #78 4 years ago

Thats a lotta goods! Gonna be fun.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

We are just about out of bumps. Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Expo I go... And a good thing many are providing their donations at the show.[quoted image][quoted image]

And I spoke too soon, Jason Rider and family have donated two great honey gift sets!

IMG_5005 (resized).jpgIMG_5005 (resized).jpg
    #80 4 years ago

And it has begun. Stop by the silent auction booth, some great items for sure including late additions. We look forward to seeing you!

IMG_20191017_194446 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_194446 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_194456 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_194456 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_194426 (resized).jpgIMG_20191017_194426 (resized).jpg
    #81 4 years ago

Do you want to see all that is available at the Project Pinball booth? The image below shows some and click on it for the full PDF sheet. Thanks again for all of the support, it is greatly appreciated!

listings.pdflistings.pdf
    #82 4 years ago

And it is over for Expo 2019. I can't thank everyone enough for their donations, support, kind words, and love for Project Pinball. I was simply a volunteer looking to do what I could for a great charity. In attending a dedication earlier in the week, I was able to witness the immediate impact the placement of a machine had on the children. Thanks to everyone, the silent auction raised over $11K for Project Pinball.

Brad

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

And it is over for Expo 2019. I can't thank everyone enough for their donations, support, kind words, and love for Project Pinball. I was simply a volunteer looking to do what I could for a great charity. In attending a dedication earlier in the week, I was able to witness the immediate impact the placement of a machine had on the children. Thanks to everyone, the silent auction raised over $11K for Project Pinball.
    Brad

Nicely done, Sir!

#85 4 years ago

Thank you Brad for everything, was nice seeing ya man, til next year

#86 4 years ago

Does anyone have auction results to post? I'd be curious what some of the items went for.

John

#87 4 years ago

Very cool to see this, picked up a few shooter rods that I needed. win-win....

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Does anyone have auction results to post? I'd be curious what some of the items went for.
    John

I bid on a few items and won the Star Gazer overlay for $25. Honestly, I didn't expect to win anything since I knew I wouldn't be there to watch the items as the auction ended, I was just trying to get the bidding started. Kinda sad that I was the only bidder on it. I saw the guy that won a couple of the other overlays and he said the same thing.

Is it possible to have the tables out in the hallway? I don't know if the hotel would allow it, but it sure would make the auction more visible.

Another suggestion is to stagger the bidding end times for different tables. This entices people to come back and check their bids more frequently. Also, as items get picked up, the remaining items can be spread out and made more visible. For instance, I followed this thread early on, but missed some of the items added later. Kruzman's playfield kit was a late addition I didn't know about, and I didn't see it on the table or I would've bid on it.

The first year is tough. Need the word of mouth to get the excitement building. I hope you continue to have an auction every year. You raised an impressive amount this year and I see that continuing to grow with more awareness.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

I bid on a few items and won the Star Gazer overlay for $25. Honestly, I didn't expect to win anything since I knew I wouldn't be there to watch the items as the auction ended, I was just trying to get the bidding started. Kinda sad that I was the only bidder on it. I saw the guy that won a couple of the other overlays and he said the same thing.
    Is it possible to have the tables out in the hallway? I don't know if the hotel would allow it, but it sure would make the auction more visible.
    Another suggestion is to stagger the bidding end times for different tables. This entices people to come back and check their bids more frequently. Also, as items get picked up, the remaining items can be spread out and made more visible. For instance, I followed this thread early on, but missed some of the items added later. Kruzman's playfield kit was a late addition I didn't know about, and I didn't see it on the table or I would've bid on it.
    The first year is tough. Need the word of mouth to get the excitement building. I hope you continue to have an auction every year. You raised an impressive amount this year and I see that continuing to grow with more awareness.

I felt a decent amount of the items went for good $ (JP topper, playfields, translite were the ones I saw final ish price). Not a lot of people wanted those overlays so that is a big reason why they might’ve not have went for a decent amount of $?

1 week later
    #90 4 years ago

The playfield overlays where not easy to find. I bid on about 10 items and won 6 if I remember right. I never saw the overlays. I did pickup 2 of the overlays after the auction was over. There was three that did not get any bid so I gave Dan $50 for the 2. Good idea about spreading the items out over the show. The large item could run all three days. I hope this starts a new Expo tradition.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-silent-auction/page/2?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.