Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 401 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crashnburn
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161013_140717 (resized).jpg
    405571.jpg
    image.jpg
    rural-michigan.jpg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.png
    lampshade1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

I have a few suggestions for future Pinball Expos. I've been attending Expo since 2004, only missing one year. For full disclosure, my main interests at Expo are the vendor hall, free play area, and Expo Brawl. I thought last year was the best year since I've been attending, but I was pretty disappointed with this year's Expo. I don't intend for any of the suggestions to come off as a personal attack (people always preface with this statement when they're about to say something terrible), but I don't want to avoid the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

1. The free play room needs to improve the number of quality games that are brought. The Chicago area has to have one of the largest concentrations of pinball machines per capita in the world, it should be a slam dunk that the free play room is stuffed. However, a lot of people just don't like Mike; they have been alienated, jerked around for receiving their rewards, and just generally unappreciated. I would suggest hiring someone to manage the free play room, start to finish, including rewards, advertising, moving equipment, repair, etc. Let a new person be a fresh face for the free play room at Expo. (A big thanks to those that do bring games to Expo; I know hauling a game to a show is a lot of work and generally pain in the ass).

2. Does Expo have to feel like a huge cash grab? I don't mind paying a daily $25 entrance fee. However, $60 just to listen to seminars? Really??? $50 for a school bus ride to the Stern Factory? I could get a Taxi ride cheaper. If people want to attend the banquet, I'm ok with the extra fee as there is a meal involved. However, daily entrance should at a minimum cover seminars. I don't mind supporting the show, but just be reasonable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eric_S.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-recomendations-for-change?tu=Eric_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.