(Topic ID: 107022)

Pinball Expo Free Play Area - Thank you!

By APB_Enterprises

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment and thank the so many people that helped make the free play area as great as it was.

First, I want to thank Mike Pacak for working with me to get the rooms available. I also want to thank him and Rob Berk for putting on Expo for 30 years! Thank you for your hard work and efforts to put the show together.

Several people helped move John's 45 games pre-expo into the Pinball Express truck. A very sincere thank you to the following folks for their help:

John, for his games, and support getting them out and back in to his house. His family and friends were instrumental in making his awesome EM collection available to us at the show. Also, if you ever want to land a plane on Lake Shore Drive, John is your guy.

Also, the following CPM members helped break down and load games into the truck:
    Vince Loeffler
    Alan Darby
    Eric Priepke
    Liz Priepke
    Rob Kokot
    Dino Naber

And help at expo:
    Rick Rassmussen
    Karl Marsicek
    Yancy Blaylock
    Vince Loeffler

Before the show starts, the rooms need to be setup, and work needs to be completed with the hotel.
    Thank you to Dino Naber and Vince Loeffler for helping to layout the rooms and work with the electrician to get things setup.

There were many people putting their backs into the work at the show. The Chicago Pinball Mafia not only supported the show by bringing around 20 games, they also helped staff the Free play area, helping with game loading, setup and break down, registration, moving games and so on. A very special thanks to these folks for spending so much time to help make the show great:

From Chicago Pinball Mafia:
    Angela Giovannone
    Alan Darby
    Craig Comparato
    Dino Naber
    Eric Priepke
    Joe Duider
    Karl Marsicek
    Ken Walker
    Liz Priepke
    Mike Gaspar
    Nikki Duider
    Rick Rassmussen
    Rob Kokot
    Vince Loeffler
    Vincent Giovannone
    Yancy Blaylock

Also, several non-CPM folk pitched in to make things go well:
    Jeff Barney
    Rich Polk
    Gene Hwang
    Ken Walker
    Other Rich (Joe and Nikki's friend, sorry I don't know his last name)
    Jacob Naber
    Josh Naber

Also, there were many times I saw expo attendees, basically pinball strangers, helping to move games, put legs on games and the like. I am proud to be in a group of such great individuals!

We were able to get over 180 games into the two free play areas (and the hallway) this year. A huge accomplishment!

Coupled with the vendor hall area having over 50 games, there was a significant amount of machines to enjoy and see! That is around 230 games!

Last, I simply must thank the community for all the games they brought. The turnout was fantastic! I know how much work it is to get games to the show, and it is truly appreciated.

Some of the folks who brought games for everyone to enjoy:
    4 or more games:
    John Pederson (for bringing 45 games)
    Phoebe Smith
    The Cincy Pinball League (Phoebe and CPL brought over 20 games, again!)
    Brian Bannon (14 games)
    Matt and Jeremy Fleitz (over 10 games)
    Mike Mahood
    Chris Meyers

So many people additional people brought games to the show, one or two, that is it hard to mention them all. Here is a partial list:
    Joe Duider
    Nikki Duider
    Herb Enzmann
    Ken Walker
    Greg Ohara
    Troy North
    Scott Ramsey
    Brian Baker
    Mike Gaspar
    Chad Dentandt
    Yancy Blalock
    Craig Comparato
    Jayson James
    Robert James
    Mike Fox
    Vince Giovannone
    Vince Loeffler
    Mike Schudel
    Josh Sobczynski
    Rob Kokot
    Mark Salas
    Jeff Barney
    Chris Gray
    Erik Kaufman
    Dino Naber
    Chris Meyers
    Mike Good
    Keith Doyle
    Jay Schneider
    Chris Frame
    Roy Fash
    Jim Seward
    Derek Fugate
    Dave Hegge
    Charley Schuerholz
    Justin Kalinowski
    Robert Hoffman
    Mark Combs
    Alan Darby
    Howie Lajiness
    Joel Dekker
    Jay Brand
    Gavin Miller
    Jay Rine
    Pat Green

I personally want to thank everyone for the extraordinary efforts in making this show so wonderful, and helping set a record for how many games we had available at expo. Your support of expo will not be forgotten, and is so greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Andrew Barney

#3 9 years ago

Great to hear! It was a fun show!!

Andrew

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

I had some family stuff going on that limited my time there, but hopefully next year I will be able to help out more.

No worries brother!

Andrew

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-free-play-area-thank-you?tu=APB_Enterprises and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.