(Topic ID: 139433)

Pinball Expo - Free play area news for 2015

By APB_Enterprises

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello everyone,

As promised, we are continuing to make improvements to the free play area at expo this coming year.

We had a good first year with the support of our staff to help with load in and out, something we will be continuing this year. Here is a recap of other changes from last year that we will be supporting again:

1) We will have staff available to help during load in and load out.
    The schedule will be as follows:
    Wednesday from 12:00PM until 8:00PM. From 10:00PM until 12:00AM we will have people on call.
    Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we will have people on call to help. Expo hotline: 224-279-1545
    Sunday we will help with load out from 9:00AM until 12:00PM

2) There will be dollies and pinball moving equipment on-site to help move games.

3) We will have a limited amount of pinball sundries on hand should you forget something at home.

4) Arm bands will be handed out as games are brought into the show, no need to wait!

5) The expo free play on call number is the same: 224-279-1545

6) You can pre-register games if you like, simply email [email protected] with details.

7) There will be a registration desk in the free play room from 12:00PM until 8:00PM on Thursday. If you bring a game after this time I will gladly meet up with you. Please call me on the hotline at 224-279-1545

The old banquet hall is still the free play area.

Here are a few changes to the plan based on experiences during setup last year as well as feedback from attendees:

1) We will continue with registration stickers, but this year we have changed the labeling system a bit. We now will be printing the registration stickers at the check-in desk.

2) For Sale/Not For Sale stickers will be hand written, and we will be available for all machines in the hall.

3) We will be inspecting power cords when games are coming in. Please make sure you have a ground plug on your power cord! If your game was designed with no ground on the cord it is fine. We are looking for modern games where the end has been swapped or the ground removed.

4) Please be sure all the legs and head can be properly attached to the machine. Keep in mind that games sometimes have to move around a bit as things change in the hall. We had a game last year that tipped over because all the bolts were stripped out on one leg.

We truly appreciate people bringing games to the show, and there are rewards for helping make expo great. The details on incentives can be found on the expo website.

Games must be in the free play area, and be setup on free play for all to enjoy.

If you are planning on bringing more than 3 games, please let us know!

If you have questions, feel free to drop us a note, or give us a call. I can be reached at 224-279-1545.

Special thanks to Mike and the Pinball Expo organization for working so hard to bring this show to us.

Andrew Barney
    Mike Pacak
    Pinball Expo

#2 8 years ago

Also, if you have any interest in helping out in the free play area we still have some times we could use help with. Drop me a note if interested.

Thank you all again! See you very soon!

Andrew

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

EMs don't have grounded cords unless they've been modified. Will we still be allowed to bring an EM? I assume yes, just want to make sure as I plan on bringing two.

No worries, love having the EM's there. If they are not designed with a ground it is not required. I have updated above as well.

Thank you for bringing some machines!!

Andrew

#7 8 years ago

Thanks Aurich! The team worked super hard to make it go as smoothly as possible. We look forward to another great year this year.

Andrew

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider APB_Enterprises.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-free-play-area-news-for-2015?tu=APB_Enterprises and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.