Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Wmsfan-GAP
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg
    136E0BA4-B90A-407B-9A48-6FD9CD919AC8 (resized).jpeg
    43F2E072-2F57-4CDE-BFB3-AB489519FA5B (resized).jpeg
    C4767ACE-4A1A-4383-96C6-8F962EC8CCC2 (resized).jpeg
    4CE00D34-E204-4575-9D56-C6789B848FB6 (resized).jpeg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:So here's what I found regarding the Stern Connect thing on those games. If you had, say, 3 people ahead of you use the system with their phones. When they were finished, if you walked up and hit start, it would automatically start a 3-player game with those last people's insider connect account. What I found is that you have to either wait 20 seconds for it to log them out, or you have to push and hold the right flipper button for 5 seconds to log them out.

JFC that's some stupid sh*t right there...

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man you just can't start throwing punches at a pinball show. You think a 5-year old is traumatized by an asshole who won't let him play pinball? How you think he'd feel about a bunch of middle-aged guys breaking out into full-scale rumble? How do you think he'd feel about seeing his dad get hauled off to jail for the night or kicked out of a pinball show?
    I never saw my dad get thrown out of an conference or an Applebees and I was def better off for it.

People deserve to get punched once in a while, the lack of face punches lately in society has allowed asshole behaviour to spread.

I'm advocating for grown MEN to draw a line somewhere and defend themselves. Not come running to the internets for moral support because they now regret not socking him in the first place after inevitably replaying the event in his head and feeling like a P

What 5-year old? the op was with a buddy, if a 5-year old kid witnesses a face punch so be it. Grow a pair and defend the world from assholes. Join me.

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

it's always pretty easy to identify the person who's never actually gone to court and lost their job over some tough guy nonsense that they could've easily avoided.

Fighting happens in the construction world, I see it not all the time but enough to know that Dudes can duke it out without job loss only damaged egos.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

People deserve to get punched once in a while, the lack of face punches lately in society has allowed asshole behaviour to spread.
    I'm advocating for grown MEN to draw a line somewhere and defend themselves. Not come running to the internets for moral support because they now regret not socking him in the first place after inevitably replaying the event in his head and feeling like a P

DaveH once wisely said something on this forum that stood out to me as gospel... "If you run into an asshole during the day, they're just an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you are the asshole. Don't be the asshole."

#105 2 years ago

What 5-year old? the op was with a buddy,

I am that buddy, and I applaud my friend for being such a gentleman. The asshole deserved much more than what he got. The asshole even had the balls to say that "everyone plays two games, and we should be happy that he is keeping it at two". I will add that we never once saw that guy and his lady friend for the rest of Expo. I am guessing his lady friend called him out for being an asshole and walked out.

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

DaveH once wisely said something on this forum that stood out to me as gospel... "If you run into an asshole during the day, they're just an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you are the asshole. Don't be the asshole."

There is only ONE true gospel about assholes

#107 2 years ago

Although Clay gets a little bitchy about VFW members talking about his show, I’ll dive in anyway.

The VFW show generally doesn't have problems like this because:

1. Attendance is limited to no more than 1 day long ticket per game (this year is was waaaay less than that)

2. We have *alot* of staff (orange shirts) patrolling the aisles, which probably helps keep people respectful.

We had one incident a few years ago in the parking lot…something about a blown down *easy up* canopy and a scratched truck… rumors have it that apologies were made and cooler heads prevailed.

Not knocking Expo or any other show, just saying that large crowds, large attendance, lines with minimal supervision can cause friction.

Doug D.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from mjsbowl:

I am that buddy, and I applaud my friend for being such a gentleman. The asshole deserved much more than what he got. The asshole even had the balls to say that "everyone plays two games, and we should be happy that he is keeping it at two". I will add that we never once saw that guy and his lady friend for the rest of Expo. I am guessing his lady friend called him out for being an asshole and walked out.

But he used aggressive behavior and got his way because he wasn't challenged. He'll do it again.

#109 2 years ago

It would have been funny if Todd Mcullach was waiting next in line. Would the guy spout off to Todd?

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

More
    First of all, could anyone have imagined if this poster was Gryszzz and this happened to him? We would be reading about the guy taken off in an ambulance.

I dunno about that. I saw him Saturday afternoon and he was beyond shit faced. Pretty sure I ran into him later peeing in public right outside the hotel doors by the show. I think he would have made a couple swings and fallen down.

Dude you don’t get into a fist fight over playing a f’n pinball game, wtf! That is 5 yr old behavior. If your life is in danger, sure, defend yourself obviously. Dudes being an ass at a show? Let staff know and decide how to deal with it. Getting into a fight will get you both booted from the show most likely and be pretty sad to witness.

Could try tilting him every ball by shoving cab tho lol. But that would probably lead to the whole fist fight thing

2 weeks later
    #111 2 years ago

Proper Pinball Etiquette is covered in the Pinball 101 DVD.
    Avoid being a game hog:

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

Avoid being a game hog:

Copyright 1943.
    I suppose there's always room to squeeze in a pinball tutorial video in-between beating the drum for buying war bonds.
    CC is looking pretty darn good for being around 100 years old.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

Avoid being a game hog:

Just another reminder of how great your project was and before it's time

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man you just can't start throwing punches at a pinball show. You think a 5-year old is traumatized by an asshole who won't let him play pinball? How you think he'd feel about a bunch of middle-aged guys breaking out into full-scale rumble? How do you think he'd feel about seeing his dad get hauled off to jail for the night or kicked out of a pinball show?
    I never saw my dad get thrown out of an conference or an Applebees and I was def better off for it.

I have thrown myself out of an Applebee's and I am better off for it!

#115 2 years ago

There are places for a bit of street justice and there are not places for it. But yes, many men have become pussified.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Post etiquette cards on each game. We’ve never had a report of this behavior at Pincinnati and if it does happen, please come tell Jerry or myself. [quoted image]

I think this card is great. You boiled it down to 3 simple rules, and it's placed front and center on each game.

I've seen large posters of rules at entrances that NO ONE reads (like Terms of Service). Your card solves this problem.

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I have thrown myself out of an Applebee's and I am better off for it!

Applebee's......
    Sounds boogie, hopefully it didn't ruin date night.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

seriously, how did I miss a TZ hidden at Expo?

That only confirms for me, my feelings of our poor booth placement.

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

That only confirms for me, my feelings of our poor booth placement.

There were a lot of ‘dead zones’ in the vendor hall. Felt bad for a lot of you guys.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-etiquette/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.