(Topic ID: 286339)

Pinball Expo 2021 New location!!!

By vdojaq

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-11-07 232626 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-221111_Photos (resized).jpg
    20211030_201516 (resized).jpg
    20211030_220013 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211030_195702_1 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180737 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180741 (resized).jpg
    22A2B06C-D074-4519-AE79-9CA5E77D8EA0 (resized).jpeg
    20211030_140624 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135735 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135732 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135727 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135804 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135800 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135749 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135737 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

THAT'S a memory you plan on holding onto? Yikes.

Trolling Stern fanboy

#248 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Oh, so it upset you that they didn't give it a fair chance?

The game is one of the most original and totally fun pins ever made!

#309 2 years ago

Anybody go see Pat Lawlor fireside?Anything of import come from get together?

#324 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Jessica had a great first day at Expo. ❤️
    [quoted image]

Wow! I think everyone is afraid to say anything lol

#331 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dolemite:

How’s expo looking today? Lots of games to play? How’s everything else? Vendors, extras, etc?

My guess is empty of humans right now

#350 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Gary Stern getting up to walk out on Pat right after the Dialed In reveal is still one of my funniest pinball memories. Just strolled up the whole aisle, giving no fucks.

Seems extremely rude to do that to another professional in the business.

#361 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Not looking to argue politics, I just want to say one thing:
    We could all stand to be a little more respectful of each other. If you go to an event I think it's reasonable to follow the rules of the house you're in. And to plan your trip based on them.
    If there isn't a mask policy, and you're not comfortable being around that, then fair enough. I'm with you on that personally. But I can't expect people to act how I want if that wasn't set as the expectation. The world doesn't revolve around me. You should stay home and not go if that's the case.
    Contrary-wise, if there *is* a mask policy, and people are traveling under that assumption and assessing their own personal risk based on it, then it's really rude for you to ignore it. If you don't like masks, and don't want to wear one, that's fine. But then it's on you to be the person to decide to stay home, and not go.
    The world doesn't revolve around you either. We can meet in the middle for some games.
    Just be nice if we could set aside the nonsense for a weekend where the hobby bridges the gaps. If the rule is wear your mask then just do it when you're out in public. It's respectful and won't hurt you for a weekend. Don't make the Expo people have to police you. I wouldn't want that job.

Quoted from Aurich:

It was hugely rude, that's why it was so funny. Me and MapleSyrup got there a little late so we were standing at the back by the doors, and got the perfect view of Gary strolling up, with his white hair and red rimmed glasses, it's still such a perfect visual in my head.
    And yeah, some people left, but it wasn't half the room. The oxygen definitely got sucked out when the drop cloths came off the machines though. I think everyone was just a little shocked that the cell phone rumor was true. It wasn't a strong reveal, the phone thing didn't go over well. A lot of the fliers and litte comic books did go in the trash afterwards. So it goes.
    Here's the thing about being at Expo vs staying home and bullshitting on Pinside (that would be me this year):
    At the reveal people were let down. And then they got out on the floor afterwards and played the game, and it was really fun. And by the next day the vibe was totally different, because hands on experience changed that bad first impression. These are games, for playing, and it turns out that matters.
    On Pinside, where people couldn't play it, it was nonstop bitching and griping the whole weekend. People like to be mad. I'm choosing to remember the whole thing as funny now.

Well said thanks for input.I wasn’t there that year and didn’t get a chance to play it until Louisville Expo.My wife and I walked away after playing DI with a smile on our faces because we knew it would be our next pin.

#384 2 years ago

I've seen a lot of pins at quite a few shows but I've never seen the Wild Schiffs pin above.
    Is this a rare or foreign made game?

#395 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Very fitting considering what Jack and Pat did to Gary and not rude, under those circumstances. But funny none the less.

Wasn’t asking you Jimwets

#425 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Seemed to have hand pick the questions like the president at a press conference. He ignored the guy in the corner of the room with the big sign.[quoted image]

Did you bus in a protester and pay him $15 per hour

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2021-new-location-?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.