(Topic ID: 286339)

Pinball Expo 2021 New location!!!

By vdojaq

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-11-07 232626 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-221111_Photos (resized).jpg
    20211030_201516 (resized).jpg
    20211030_220013 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211030_195702_1 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180737 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180741 (resized).jpg
    22A2B06C-D074-4519-AE79-9CA5E77D8EA0 (resized).jpeg
    20211030_140624 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135735 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135732 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135727 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135804 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135800 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135749 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135737 (resized).jpg
    There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 2 years ago

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't be at expo this year as the USA do not let Europeans in until Nov. 1st. So as bad as it is I have to skip the expo this year.

I will shortly announce mirror radcals as we product line which were supposed to be shown at expo. Biggest issue is that it is a big problem to show the mirror effect on a picture. My oral camera shows mirror as white area which is obviously not correct. As soon as I figured that put they will be listed.

New sets for creature and Diner will also be available.

Regards,
    Mirco

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Gotcha, I have never had to go directly to them for support so I wasn't award of those issues.

The issue is when you need parts, the propriety parts, theres no other choice, they do apologize when then don’t respond for 2 or 3 days but their tech support was so good in the past its what i still expect. Im not anti mask, but i have to admit that is whats stopping me from attending, too far to travel from NY to CHI to deal with , and the cost of traveling and food right now is insanity. I do believe we need to support the shows so they continue, local for me is Allentown and Sturbridge. I attended Allentown, will attend Pintastic. Hopefully the locals will support expo so it has a place when this shitshow gets better.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi,
    Unfortunately I can't be at expo this year as the USA do not let Europeans in until Nov. 1st. So as bad as it is I have to skip the expo this year.
    I will shortly announce mirror radcals as we product line which were supposed to be shown at expo. Biggest issue is that it is a big problem to show the mirror effect on a picture. My oral camera shows mirror as white area which is obviously not correct. As soon as I figured that put they will be listed.
    Regards,
    Mirco

At some point, Will you be addressing the playfield issues with Jersey Jack Pinball?

#154 2 years ago

Hi,
    Regards,
    Mirco

Are your current playfields going to be made with the same process as the defective GnR playfields you made?

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are the Creature and Diner playfields going to be made with the same process as the defective GnR playfields you made?

That would be a good question but in this case he's actually talking about new Radcals for those games.

#156 2 years ago

Hi,
    Regards,
    Mirco

After all the warnings about how you treat your customers, anyone that orders from you gets what they deserve! Theres plenty of US Suppliers of Blades that make great products and stand behind what they sell.

#157 2 years ago

This will be my first time attending any sort of pinball show/expo.
    What can I expect to see in the vendor area as far as arcade/multicade builders?
    None? A few? Many?

Thanks.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from G35R6:

This will be my first time attending any sort of pinball show/expo.

Have a blast. Assert yourself. Greet and meet new friends. Try and do everything. Then as years go by sort out what you like and don't.

Quoted from G35R6:

What can I expect to see in the vendor area as far as arcade/multicade builders?
    None? A few? Many?

2019 had a separate room with video games. It is a pinball show. And new location. So time will tell if vendor area is full of vendors and people like previous shows or not.

LTG : )

#159 2 years ago

This will be my second pin show, first being 2019 NW Pinfest. Sadly two cancellations in 20 and 21....

Is there anyone who bought the full pass that isn't going? I'm booked to be there, on my way from Alaska and would love to know I can actually get into the expo and the Stern tour

TIA

#160 2 years ago

So what’s good to eat nearby?

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from pb456:

the Stern tour

Read post #134

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Read post #134

DANG IT!!!!!!

#163 2 years ago

So what’s good to eat nearby?</blockquot

This local recommends...

Portillo's is about a mile east of Expo...Good beef sandwich...good dogs, Polish and burgers...they serve beer...free piece of chocolate cake on your birthday.

Hickory Roasters, near Portillo's, is also very good...specialize in chicken, ribs and home made sides...Friday fried perch & salmon are excellent.

Both are 5 minutes by car.

#164 2 years ago

I’m a little confused with the seminars pass. I would like to attend some of the speaker events but is everything that has a ‘speaker’ considered a seminar and requires a special pass?

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

I’m a little confused with the seminars pass. I would like to attend some of the speaker events but is everything that has a ‘speaker’ considered a seminar and requires a special pass?

I think the Seminars Pass is for those who want admission to Schaumburg Ballrooom E but don't want a full-show pass that covers all the rooms. I don't think many people opt for seminars-only admission.
    .................David Marston

#168 2 years ago

Hi,
    Regards,
    Mirco

Why not do a video conference seminar? Expo has done so in the past. Q&A's as well. You can ship your new product to BERK and he can have them on display on a table during the seminar and also on a table in a booth (another vendor can have them adjacent if there is a concern of theft) or they can be displayed by the admission desk or tournament area.

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Why not do a video conference seminar? Expo has done so in the past. Q&A's as well. You can ship your new product to BERK and he can have them on display on a table during the seminar and also on a table in a booth (another vendor can have them adjacent if there is a concern of theft) or they can be displayed by the admission desk or tournament area.

Because COVID, you’re not supposed to suggest something rational, that defeats the excuse.

#170 2 years ago

If anyone attending expo is also considering going to the pinball olympics do not hesitate on getting your ticket. Not many left.

https://www.pinballlife.com/pinball-olympics-2021-ticket.html?Category_Code=

#171 2 years ago

kick ass burgers named after metal bands...been to the original(?) on belmont ave... cool place

#172 2 years ago

With the expo just around the corner, it is reeaaally hard to get anything done at work. Can't wait!!!!

#173 2 years ago

Is there a list of vendors attending Expo? I didn't see it on their website.

#174 2 years ago

E-Z Pinball will be there....

#176 2 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good Mexican restaurant near the new location? Been a tradition of ours to get lunch and margaritas before the first day...

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Can anyone recommend a good Mexican restaurant near the new location? Been a tradition of ours to get lunch and margaritas before the first day...

I bet there is a Taco Bell nearby.

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I bet there is a Taco Bell nearby.

Gross.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Can anyone recommend a good Mexican restaurant near the new location?

I’ve heard good things about Fat Rosie’s.

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Uncle Julio's is decent.

#181 2 years ago

+1 on Fat Rosie's
    It is definitely on the "to-do" list.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

+1 on Fat Rosie's
    It is definitely on the "to-do" list.

Thank you - two votes for Fat Rosie's, good enough!

#183 2 years ago

Will seminars be live broadcaster and/or recorded and archived for WOD?

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

Will seminars be live broadcaster and/or recorded and archived for WOD?

Martin Ayub usually records them for his website pinballnews.com in the Expo section.

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Speaking respectfully, as a Texan I cannot endorse or recommend anyone to eat Mexican food in the state of Illinois or anywhere north of the red river for that matter.

Eating Mexican food outside of the state of California or Texas is a gamble at best.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Speaking respectfully, as a Texan I cannot endorse or recommend anyone to eat Mexican food in the state of Illinois or anywhere north of the red river for that matter.
    Eating Mexican food outside of the state of California or Texas is a gamble at best.

Is it all about the deep-dish pizza?
    Where to go that is close to expo?

#187 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Martin Ayub usually records them for his website pinballnews.com in the Expo section.

Yeah. According to the good man, he is not attending. That is why I ask.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Texans should stay south of the red river, or in California. Can't recommend going anywhere else.

#189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

There's plenty of small, local, authentic Mexican restaurants around the country. Don't think just because Texas is on the border they are the only ones with great Mexican food.

#190 2 years ago

I like going to super dawg at the old location. Is there a good hot dog place near the new location?

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

Yeah. According to the good man, he is not attending. That is why I ask.

I didn't know that. Thank you.

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I like going to super dawg at the old location. Is there a good hot dog place near the new location?

Portillo's

#193 2 years ago

Jack Danger tells local newscaster that chimp flipping is a no no (he didn't use that term)

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There's plenty of small, local, authentic Mexican restaurants around the country. Don't think just because Texas is on the border they are the only ones with great Mexican food.

Eh. Fine.

I also think New York Pizza tastes better when it’s made in New York, lol.

Though the food may be virtually identical, I believe that the further south you are the better your odds of it being great.

I ate BBQ in North Carolina once.

Man what a mistake it was.

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

It’s funny, everyone from out of town I know always mentions deep dish pizza yet I don’t know anyone locally that eats it with any regularly. I’d say I get a Malnati’s deep dish once for every 10-15 thin crust cut into squares pizza. I think there’s an UNO nearby but I’m not a fan of Deep Dish besides Malnati’s which is in town but not right near the Expo.

About 4 blocks south of Expo is Weber Grill which I would highly recommend….not for pizza though!

#196 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Giordano's has one close to Expo location...just got back to the hotel from there. Stuffed!!!

https://giordanos.com/locations/schaumburg/

Phoebe

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Giordano's has one close to Expo location...just got back to the hotel from there. Stuffed!!!
    https://giordanos.com/locations/schaumburg/
    Phoebe

Had my first official Chicago deep dish pizza at Giordano's this summer - I was thoroughly impressed and it was amazing!

#198 2 years ago
    20211027_171437 (resized).jpg20211027_171437 (resized).jpg20211027_172148 (resized).jpg20211027_172148 (resized).jpg20211027_172151 (resized).jpg20211027_172151 (resized).jpg20211027_172250 (resized).jpg20211027_172250 (resized).jpg20211027_172254 (resized).jpg20211027_172254 (resized).jpg20211027_172803 (resized).jpg20211027_172803 (resized).jpg
    #199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Hell, I'm about the only one that speaks English in half the Mexican restaurants in Detroit.

Tastes as good as anything I had in Laredo during the longest week of my life working on site there once.

#200 2 years ago

Friday at 3:00 P.M. will be interesting.

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2021-new-location-/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.