(Topic ID: 286339)

Pinball Expo 2021 New location!!!

By vdojaq

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-11-07 232626 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-221111_Photos (resized).jpg
    20211030_201516 (resized).jpg
    20211030_220013 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211030_195702_1 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180737 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180741 (resized).jpg
    22A2B06C-D074-4519-AE79-9CA5E77D8EA0 (resized).jpeg
    20211030_140624 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135735 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135732 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135727 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135804 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135800 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135749 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135737 (resized).jpg
    There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
    #102 2 years ago

You would think there would be more talk about it... but no expo 2021 thread... Unless this is it?

#103 2 years ago

What's there to talk about? It's not a "buying and selling" show, nobody here talks tournament pinball, and in these pandemic days there's not gonna be too many weirdos looking to share a hotel room with someone they don't know.

The talk will come, in a few weeks!

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

You would think there would be more talk about it... but no expo 2021 thread... Unless this is it?

I think most of the "talk" about what people are looking forward to most (other than playing pinball) is occuring in threads about what's coming or might be revealed from different manufacurers in specific threads. For instance the "Next American Pinball" thread has been pretty busy, the CCr thread is also kind of assumed that all the details will come out at Expo now, etc.

#105 2 years ago

I also like the where to dine nearby…what’s good nearby at the new location?

I’m very excited for this year…

#106 2 years ago

Anyone familiar with the location and have a rough idea where we should go for load-in?

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Anyone familiar with the location and have a rough idea where we should go for load-in?

I don't have a definitive answer, but this version of the floor plan helps to relate the Exploration Hall (vendor room) to the whole facility:
    https://www.floorplantool.com/CHIRS/
    Based on what you can find in maps, that makes it look like the load-in would be on the East side of the building.

For further exploration, the website for the convention center (as distinct from the hotel) is:
    https://www.schaumburgconventioncenter.com/
    It appears that there is no other event in the convention center that week.
    .................David Marston

#108 2 years ago

Just tried to book a room at the Renaissance via the Pinball Expo website to get the group rate but it’s saying no rooms are available.
    Guess it’s good I tried to get a room first before buying my flight but bummed that the rooms are gone.
    Maybe next year.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Just tried to book a room at the Renaissance via the Pinball Expo website to get the group rate but it’s saying no rooms are available.
    Guess it’s good I tried to get a room first before buying my flight but bummed that the rooms are gone.
    Maybe next year.

did you try the local hotels? only a few miles away

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Maybe next year.

There are a lot of hotels nearby.

#111 2 years ago

Tried embassy suites but they were also full. Will look into some others tomorrow.
    Just liked the idea of staying in the expo hotel to keep this trip simple.
    My fault for not booking sooner.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Quoted from Ranhorton:

Tried embassy suites but they were also full. Will look into some others tomorrow.
    Just liked the idea of staying in the expo hotel to keep this trip simple.
    My fault for not booking sooner.

3D168189-F309-4AE8-8538-BCEB665E3C36 (resized).jpeg3D168189-F309-4AE8-8538-BCEB665E3C36 (resized).jpeg
    #113 2 years ago

Hi all, we will have a very small handful of GnRLE show games from JJP to sell that will be at Expo for a $500 discount. You can pick the games up at the show after close late Saturday or Sunday AM. We can also bring them back to our facility and ship them to you. Most of these are already sold so act fast. If were shipping we will need this filled out for a quote.
    https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/contact-hemispheres-amusements.php
    you can also email me at [email protected] or call at 630-792-8910

Thanks!

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Just a warning, the Wyndham Garden is a run down old Sheraton from the 70's. It has seen better days. The Holiday in Express in Rolling Meadows is a total mess. This is the spawn of what used to be a 70's Holidome. Half of the place is being torn down.

#115 2 years ago

I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the 2021 Pinball Expo this month.

#116 2 years ago

Friendly bump for the Pinball Expo.

If you enjoy Pinball Olympics check in here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-olympics-2021-1

If you are bringing games/sale/trade stop by here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-chicago-pinball-expo-buy-sell-trade-thread

Enjoy!!

#117 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Maybe next year.

I booked a room at the Renaissance yesterday via Hotels.com

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

I booked a room at the Renaissance yesterday via Hotels.com

Just booked one myself an hour ago on the Renaissance site itself. So for those wanting a room there, they definitely still have rooms available, just not at the Expo rate.

#119 2 years ago

Looking for 2 advance registration tickets. My wife and I decided to go last minute.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tres:

Looking for 2 advance registration tickets.

https://pinballexpo.com/admission/

LTG : )

#121 2 years ago

I should have clarified. Looking for 2 advance registration packages.

#122 2 years ago

Looks like advanced registration ended on 9/24. Just show up and pay at the door. Expo doesn’t sell out.

#123 2 years ago

great BBQ not to far away(Arlington Heights)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/big-anges-eatery-arlington-heights

#124 2 years ago

Wait, what?
    I heard 3rd person today stern tour may be canceled.
    Is this true?

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wait, what?
    Is this true?

I would say its the smart thing to do liability wise.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wait, what?
    Is this true?

Just confirmed on FB. It's a virtual tour now.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from RhinoPins:

Just confirmed on FB. It's a virtual tour now.

That's a bummer especially for any first-timers that were really looking forward to it.

#128 2 years ago

This sad to hear , but I cannot blame them for covering themselves safety wise...

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

That's a bummer especially for any first-timers that were really looking forward to it.

Ya. That was me. First time to expo and was looking forward to the Stern tour.

#130 2 years ago

Do they (Rob and team) typically post a vendor list?

#131 2 years ago

Here ya go, no waiting for expo needed.

#132 2 years ago

Mirco canceling, stern canceling, the way these companies have been treating their customers so poorly i wonder if the real reason is having to face upset customers in person? Why not just require a vaccine and mask like the rest of the world.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Mirco canceling, stern canceling, the way these companies have been treating their customers so poorly i wonder if the real reason is having to face upset customers in person? Why not just require a vaccine and mask like the rest of the world.

I think Stern still has at least three seminars at the actual Expo planned they haven't cancelled, so I don't think you can lump them in with Mirco on dodging customer complaints. In Mirco's defense - and you won't hear me make excuses for their quality issues - they do have to travel from / to Germany which isn't something I would want to do right now either. I also don't think Stern has any real reason to dodge customers right now, other than price hikes and a huge backlog - both of which are somewhat out of their control, they are on a roll with great games being released nearly everyone wants. It would have been nice if they would have kept the tour and required vaccine/negative test/antibodies if they needed to for legal reasons though. Maybe they can't find anyone to drive the buses, who knows?

#134 2 years ago

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
    Virtual STERN Factory Tour
    Due to the ongoing Covid pandemic and prioritizing the health and well-being of their employees and our Pinball Expo guests, Stern Pinball will not be conducting an in-person tour this year. Instead, they have agreed to host a very special virtual tour! This unique experience will feature George Gomez live in Ballroom E as Jack Danger guides us through the Stern Pinball Factory via video link.
    - Would you like a sneak peek into the engineering room where you can catch a glimpse of the next game on the assembly line?
    - Would you like a special commemorative poster by a Stern Pinball artist?
    - Would you like an opportunity to ask Gary Stern questions?
    I am thinking your answer is yes, yes and yes!
    So come to Ballroom “E” at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center on Thursday, October 28th at 9:00 AM for light refreshments and the 2021 Stern Virtual Factory Tour that will follow at 9:30 AM!
    PLEASE NOTE: This Virtual Tour will only be available to Expo full-package attendees and those who register for the tour.
    You can register for the Stern Virtual Factory Tour on-site Wednesday evening (5:00-10:00 pm) and Thursday morning (8:00-9:30 am).
    No video recording will be permitted and you will not be able to view this event on any social media platforms, you must be present to enjoy this tour.
    Photo: Where did everyone go?? To Ballroom E of course!

#135 2 years ago

Super bummed...was really looking forward to this...

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Super bummed...was really looking forward to this...

We'll get a poster...

#137 2 years ago

that sucks, bummed since pinball life wasn't doing their party,....... now this. uggghhh

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

We'll get a poster...
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d8e52b81afc6c9dd346fd4d076474158a276fabd-1634067139-1800"};
    //]]>

I'm guessing no refund on my Stern tour?
    I bought the whole 175 ticket in advance.

#139 2 years ago

It's a pandemic, everything sucks, everyone's doing their best, eat the tour cost and try to enjoy the virtual option. I'm just glad there is an expo.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

It's a pandemic, everything sucks, everyone's doing their best, eat the tour cost and try to enjoy the virtual option. I'm just glad there is an expo.

Well put, so true.
    I'm still looking forward to show.

#141 2 years ago

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOLLOWUP
    Concerning the change in Factory Tour logistics:
    WHY THE CHANGE?
    There is obviously disappointment in the change from an on-site tour to a virtual tour of the Stern Factory. The change of the tour logistics was a decision by Stern Pinball management and their staff. Please know that the Expo staff is dedicated to making the 2021 Expo a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone and in coordination with Stern, is making the best of a serious concern for the health and safety of all in the factory environment.
    MOVING AHEAD
    The Expo staff has put into place many safeguards and social distancing measures in cooperation with the Renaissance Convention Center and feels comfortable that the arrangements at the Expo will provide a safe experience. We hope you will understand that the decision to change the tour logistics while continuing with the plans for the Expo were two difference decisions. We are doing our best to provide as positive an experience as possible for all attendees while honoring the wishes of those with concerns for the safety of their families and anyone with compromised immunity.
    REFUNDS
    With this understanding in mind, we hope you will continue to support the Expo and its goal to recognize the designers and builders of pinball machines and to bring the joy of pinball to as many people as possible. And we hope you will attend and enjoy the virtual tour knowing that Stern Pinball and the Expo staff are doing their best to create something positive during these trying times.
    If, however, you would like a refund for your registration for the tour or for the part of the Expo package allocated to the cost of the tour, your request will be honored, of course. If you would like a refund, please send an email to [email protected].
    Thank you all for your support.

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

that sucks, bummed since pinball life wasn't doing their party,....... now this. uggghhh

Pinball Life is Retired from any future parties...simply no space for it anymore.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Stern Pinball will be conducting a very special virtual tour!

Just in case you can't wait for the virtual tour:
    factory tour (resized).jpgfactory tour (resized).jpg
    Sorry. This map does not show the exact location of the microwave oven wall.

#144 2 years ago

What are the “many safeguards and social distancing measures?”

Are proof of vaccination and masks required?

Just trying to avoid any surprises at the door.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hi-Fi:

What are the “many safeguards and social distancing measures?”
    Are proof of vaccination and masks required?
    Just trying to avoid any surprises at the door.

Just mask requirement.

#146 2 years ago

If there's another "whatcha bringing to expo" thread, please let me know -

I have an "81 (original) Eight Ball Deluxe backglass and plastics set for sale that I can bring to Expo, I was thinking $100 for the bg and $50 for the plastics - backglass has flaking started in a couple spots but still very presentable.

If interested please PM for pics, dont wanna blow up the thread w them.

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I think Stern still has at least three seminars at the actual Expo planned they haven't cancelled, so I don't think you can lump them in with Mirco on dodging customer complaints. In Mirco's defense - and you won't hear me make excuses for their quality issues - they do have to travel from / to Germany which isn't something I would want to do right now either. I also don't think Stern has any real reason to dodge customers right now, other than price hikes and a huge backlog - both of which are somewhat out of their control, they are on a roll with great games being released nearly everyone wants. It would have been nice if they would have kept the tour and required vaccine/negative test/antibodies if they needed to for legal reasons though. Maybe they can't find anyone to drive the buses, who knows?

Covid has definitely changed the landscape of everything, but 0 phone support and very slow email responses cant be blamed on covid. Love sterns games just would like better customer supports.

#148 2 years ago

Understandably they stopped answering the phone when everyone initially vacated the office, but they didn't bother routing the number to techs at home, thought "not answering the phone is sweet" and never looked back. No phone support would be fine if they had a robust online trouble ticket system with reasonable response times.

To paraphrase Stan Lee, "with big prices come big responsibility."

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Covid has definitely changed the landscape of everything, but 0 phone support and very slow email responses cant be blamed on covid. Love sterns games just would like better customer supports.

Gotcha, I have never had to go directly to them for support so I wasn't award of those issues.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

If there's another "whatcha bringing to expo" thread, please let me know

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2021-chicago-pinball-expo-buy-sell-trade-thread#post-6546711

Quoted from chad:

Just mask requirement.

Mask requirement is going to be a big downer on this show

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2021-new-location-/page/3?hl=frisbez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.