(Topic ID: 286339)

Pinball Expo 2021 New location!!!

By vdojaq

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-11-07 232626 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-221111_Photos (resized).jpg
    20211030_201516 (resized).jpg
    20211030_220013 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211030_195702_1 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180737 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180741 (resized).jpg
    22A2B06C-D074-4519-AE79-9CA5E77D8EA0 (resized).jpeg
    20211030_140624 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135735 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135732 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135727 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135804 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135800 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135749 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135737 (resized).jpg

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 2 years ago

ugh, American canceled all non-stops between LAX and ORD. I can go into Orange County nonstop (for $1600 each way). I booked two days ago and now today they got me connecting in Seattle So stupid. Called the airline this morning and they suggested... "well maybe we will add non-stops flights before you travel and you can switch." Oh yeah? So you'll automatically tell me when you do then? No. No, of course not. I just need to check everyday myself apparently for American Airlines to change their schedule.

So anyhoo, already annoyed I'm going to Expo

1 month later
    #52 2 years ago

is Pinball Life going to have their party at the same time this year??

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from callaway15:

is Pinball Life going to have their party at the same time this year??

Not confirmed, but I've talked with a friend or two of Terry's and they say he is NOT having a party this year.

#54 2 years ago

^ I have heard the same as that asshole.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Not confirmed, but I've talked with a friend or two of Terry's and they say he is NOT having a party this year.

I hope that he still has a good sale going on for in-person pickup.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I highly doubt an open to the public Expo will return in 2021. I did really enjoy the Virtual Expo 2020. Great show.

I'm happy to be wrong.

Those going please have a great time and help support the vendors that show up by buying from thier booths or ahead of time online.

1 week later
    #57 2 years ago

yeah, it's always fun to go to, so hopefully they will end up having it.

#58 2 years ago

Sure hope so, already booked my flight.

#59 2 years ago

I'm hoping h as well.

#60 2 years ago

Crossposting from Dwight's other thread, hopefully more exposure here.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Hello Pinball Land!
    We need a favor -
    Corey Stup and I (Dwight Sullivan) are planning to do our version of Family Feud once again at Pinball EXPO this year.
    Please go to this site:
    http://feudwithoutthefamily.com/
    and fill out the questionnaire. It should take about 3 minutes.
    Thanks!

3 weeks later
    #61 2 years ago

How could I not book a $97 round trip ticket to Chicago? It was $97 bucks!!!!
    Lax to ord American Airlines.

#62 2 years ago

1 more day to get the Full Show Ticket at a discount.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

https://pinballexpo.com/

LTG : )

#64 2 years ago

1 day and 1 month

1469B063-0CD8-4EFB-9F0C-E0CC34223B2F (resized).png1469B063-0CD8-4EFB-9F0C-E0CC34223B2F (resized).png
    #65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

1 day and 1 month
    [quoted image]

Omg, that's funny. Time to fix my calendar.
    I'm a month off and I haven't even been drinking.

#66 2 years ago

Is Pinball Life doing their annual open house this year? I thought I heard they weren't, but can't find anything on it.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Is Pinball Life doing their annual open house this year? I thought I heard they weren't, but can't find anything on it.

Last I heard It was off for this year.

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

They posted somewhere that they will be doing a sale mid October (don't remember the dates), but no open house or party.

#69 2 years ago

For some reason I couldn't find a nonstop from LAX to ORD. WTF How the hell are there no nonstops between the US's 1st & 2nd busiest airports? I have to change planes? Ugh, almost don't want to go now

#70 2 years ago

Here’s one

It’s Spirit though…

Www.skyscanner.com

5E3ED5B6-A569-4CE8-A7AF-9BAACF7C93B8 (resized).png5E3ED5B6-A569-4CE8-A7AF-9BAACF7C93B8 (resized).png
    #71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Time:

For some reason I couldn't find a nonstop from LAX to ORD. WTF How the hell are there no nonstops between the US's 1st & 2nd busiest airports? I have to change planes? Ugh, almost don't want to go now

American Airlines. I got it and seat selection showed the whole plane empty.

#72 2 years ago

American Airlines. I got it and seat selection showed the whole plane empty.

What the hell, I was using an Alaska Airlines credit that code shares with AA and no non-stops showed up at all. I just re-checked and its the same story

#73 2 years ago

American Airlines has a nonstop from LAX to ORD.

Quoted from Time:

I was using an Alaska Airlines credit code that shares with AA and no non-stops showed up at all.
    I just re-checked and its the same story.

I just checked and your Alaska Airlines credit does show up on Alcoholics Anonymous.

#74 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The design team talk Led Zeppelin. Hmmm. Wonder if this is the design team, except the designer.

#75 2 years ago

The Mirco seminar should prove interesting!!

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

The design team talk Led Zeppelin. Hmmm. Wonder if this is the design team, except the designer.

Could be one of the more entertaining seminars if Steve goes through with it. Won't have to bite his lip about anything as a company man.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Could be one of the more entertaining seminars if Steve goes through with it. Won't have to bite his lip about anything as a company man.

"with all the virtual mechs - kickback, knocker, locks - we thought, why not make it virtually empty? challenge accepted"

#78 2 years ago

7:00 pm: "American pinball update and special announcement".... hmm I wonder what they are going to announce??

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

7:00 pm: "American pinball update and special announcement".... hmm I wonder what they are going to announce??

New game ? They are anxious to be rolling into 2022 and more than one pin a year.

They are probably working hard over there.

#80 2 years ago

Looking to be exciting. Fireside chat Thursday night 8pm with Pat Lawlor. 3pm Friday Ryan White has a CGC seminar. And 8:45pm Friday Jack Guarnieri has the JJP seminar.

Looking to be an exciting Expo.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Looking to be exciting. Fireside chat Thursday night 8pm with Pat Lawlor. 3pm Friday Ryan White has a CGC seminar. And 8:45pm Friday Jack Guarnieri has the JJP seminar.
    Looking to be an exciting Expo.

Are you going to mug us this year?

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Are you going to mug us this year?

No.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No.

You'll be missed. MGC the following weekend?

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

MGC the following weekend?

Sorry, no.

#87 2 years ago

That is pretty good. Anybody know all the signatures at the bottom of the article? The unabomber was the only person that I recognized.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

That is pretty good. Anybody know all the signatures at the bottom of the article? The unabomber was the only person that I recognized.

Mary Kay LaTerneau is the only other one I recognized

#89 2 years ago

Is it weird that they aren't selling single day tickets in advance? Is there a possibility that the expo could sell out? I just booked everything, but couldn't purchase tickets in advance.

#90 2 years ago

It's never sold out in the 20 years I've attended, and I doubt it will during a pandemic in the new, larger convention center (unless capacity is restricted for some reason, which I haven't heard). Just show up and buy a bracelet that day.

#91 2 years ago

Anyone know how long Main Finals lasts on day 1/Fri if you make it to the end? 2AM? >_<

(Not that I expect to make it that far, but am curious as to how long the day could possibly be since it starts at 10AM...)

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from Binkley:

Anyone know how long Main Finals lasts on day 1/Fri if you make it to the end? 2AM? >_<
    (Not that I expect to make it that far, but am curious as to how long the day could possibly be since it starts at 10AM...)

It will last all day Friday and most/all of the day Saturday. Of course if you lose quickly on the other hand. **All depending on how many actually play in the event. Prior years have run VERY long.

2 weeks later
    #93 2 years ago

The Renaissance opened up an additional block of rooms recently, if you were shut out or settled for something further out.

#94 2 years ago

Was just able to get a room for 27th-31st.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Was just able to get a room for 27th-31st.

Ambulance parking included?

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

[quoted image]

I'm guesssing the Banning Museum of Pinball Q&A has been cancelled.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm guesssing the Banning Museum of Pinball Q&A has been cancelled.

And Mirco bailed, but I think it is more of the border issue though....

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

And Mirco bailed, but I think it is more of the border issue though....

I'd bail too if I was asked to do a Q&A on clear coating

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from CashMoney:

I'd bail too if I was asked to do a Q&A on clear coating

Yeah...even in a world filled with timid keyboard commandos, I figured that thing had the potential to get pretty ugly/confrontational. Defintely for the best that it isn't happening.

Also thanks for the heads up on the rooms opening up!

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from Timerider:

Ambulance parking included?

We will find out!

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2021-new-location-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.