(Topic ID: 286339)

Pinball Expo 2021 New location!!!

By vdojaq

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2022-11-07 232626 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-221111_Photos (resized).jpg
    20211030_201516 (resized).jpg
    20211030_220013 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20211030_195702_1 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180737 (resized).jpg
    20211030_180741 (resized).jpg
    22A2B06C-D074-4519-AE79-9CA5E77D8EA0 (resized).jpeg
    20211030_140624 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135735 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135732 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135727 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135804 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135800 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135749 (resized).jpg
    20211030_135737 (resized).jpg

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 3 years ago

I just saw this! The new venue is the Schaumburg Renaissance Convention Center!

If you have never been here, you will LOVE this place! Beats the shit out of the Westin!

#2 3 years ago

Dates?

#3 3 years ago

Looking for someone to take to Pinball Expo?
    Maybe try eharmony or DATE4YOU or Elite Singles.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Looking for someone to take to Pinball Expo?
    Maybe try eharmony or DATE4YOU or Elite Singles.

I prefer going there solo to pickup all the hot chicks

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I prefer going there solo to pickup all the hot chicks

Here ya go....

Day-old-chicks_9225233c_c_APA-Images-Shutterstock_free (resized).jpgDay-old-chicks_9225233c_c_APA-Images-Shutterstock_free (resized).jpg
    #8 3 years ago
    #9 3 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I was checking the Expo website which hasn't been updated yet.

That website has never been known for being updated, that’s for sure

#10 3 years ago

Yeah, isn't that Halloween weekend?

Tried calling for rooms the other day, said we wanted the Expo rate, got a buncha shit from some rude person and hung up.

#11 3 years ago

Yeah being that weekend might turn off some. Especially those traveling. After a year of covid and all the shutdown BS I can't see how anyone wouldn't be excited.

#12 3 years ago

Expo is wed October 27th - 30th. Room already booked down the street 1.4 miles away at extended stay. It's $75 a night there vs $150 a night at the convention center. But the new place is nice. Theres a video somewhere

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Expo is wed October 27th - 30th. Room already booked down the street 1.4 miles away at extended stay. It's $75 a night there vs $150 a night at the convention center. But the new place is nice. Theres a video somewhere

Just so you all know, Embassy Suites and Wyndham Garden are all within walking distance of the Renaissance.

hope this helps.

#14 3 years ago

Is it easier to get to from the airport for the out of towners? I went in 2012 and paid $70 for a taxi from the airport to the expo.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Is it easier to get to from the airport for the out of towners? I went in 2012 and paid $70 for a taxi from the airport to the expo.

Yes, a short 15-20 min drive on basically one highway. I’m loving this since I’m only 10mins down the road

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Yeah, isn't that Halloween weekend?
    Tried calling for rooms the other day, said we wanted the Expo rate, got a buncha shit from some rude person and hung up.

No clue, i was just quoting an Indiana Jones movie.

#17 3 years ago

I'll definitely miss the Westin, great memories from there. The Spear was pretty cool, but it sucked to lose Twin Peaks.

The date change also kind of stinks, especially for this year with MGC being the following weekend. If this is a halloween weekend thing every year, I'm going to end up needing to choose between being around for my kids, or going to expo.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Just so you all know, Embassy Suites and Wyndham Garden are all within walking distance of the Renaissance.
    hope this helps.

I did not know that. Im not from the area. Lol. I will check into it. Thanks for the tip.

#19 3 years ago

Any info on discounts on room blocks? Refundable if Exoo cancels?

#20 3 years ago

I wonder if ExpoBrawl will return this year?

#22 3 years ago

I highly doubt an open to the public Expo will return in 2021. I did really enjoy the Virtual Expo 2020. Great show.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The date change also kind of stinks, especially for this year with MGC being the following weekend.

MGC got moved to November??

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

MGC got moved to November??

Yep, Nov 5-7 this year.

2 months later
    #25 2 years ago

Hi guys...Sorry I haven't replied directly but am glad to do so now. Please direct any questions you may have.

Hope to see you at the show.

Rob

#26 2 years ago

Hotel Reservation made!

1 week later
    #27 2 years ago

super stoked for the new location. closer to other friends and lot more options for lodging and food. I will miss being so close to Superdawg. Chicago location is a half hour away. I'll still make the effort to be there if Illinois will let people from my state in without quarantine.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

I will miss being so close to Superdawg. Chicago location is a half hour away.

No worries. There’s a Portillos about 8mins down the road

70616405-1ED3-4244-AD3D-CF5A8A58EC02 (resized).jpeg70616405-1ED3-4244-AD3D-CF5A8A58EC02 (resized).jpeg
    #29 2 years ago

Will miss the Westin, but hopefully this will be nice. Looks pretty good. I would imaging they'll have more parking than the Westin, too. That was getting to be a real annoyance.

#30 2 years ago

I noticed that when placing the reservation, one night is charged immediately. Never had this in the past. Anyone else ?

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I noticed that when placing the reservation, one night is charged immediately. Never had this in the past. Anyone else ?

See red text:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #32 2 years ago

Is there any chance that the hotel will provide an airport shuttle service for Expo? I note on the website for the hotel that they do not have a regular airport shuttle.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

See red text:[quoted image]

I made mine on the 9th of April , possibly I did not see it. Thanks.

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from SergioJ:

Is there any chance that the hotel will provide an airport shuttle service for Expo? I note on the website for the hotel that they do not have a regular airport shuttle.

I wouldn't be surprised if rideshare apps + covid killed hotel shuttles. I'm sure they'd love to be rid of the expense.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I wouldn't be surprised if rideshare apps + covid killed hotel shuttles. I'm sure they'd love to be rid of the expense.

Yup. And buffet bareakfasts

#36 2 years ago

want to do Stern tour at 9am. Is it possible to sign up for tournaments too? I see a schedule of 9am for tour, then 2-3 hours. Registration for tourny closes at noon.
    Have people pulled this off in past?

1 week later
    #37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

want to do Stern tour at 9am. Is it possible to sign up for tournaments too? I see a schedule of 9am for tour, then 2-3 hours. Registration for tourny closes at noon.
    Have people pulled this off in past?

Bump to find answers to my questions.

#38 2 years ago

Bump to find answers to my questions.

As far as the tournament goes, you get 12 entires and you must be registered for the tournament by midnight on Thursday . You have until 10:AM Thursday to 1:00am to use your 12 entries to try and qualify. So I would do the 9am Stern tour, and then focus on tournament for rest of day

#39 2 years ago

It's hard to know about timing of the bus tour from Schaumburg. In the past, most buses were back at the hotel before Noon, but the Schaumburg timing would differ from the Wheeling timing.

Maybe you could ask the Tournament Director if there are other registration hours, like Wednesday night.
    .................David Marston

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

It's hard to know about timing of the bus tour from Schaumburg. In the past, most buses were back at the hotel before Noon, but the Schaumburg timing would differ from the Wheeling timing.
    Maybe you could ask the Tournament Director if there are other registration hours, like Wednesday night.
    .................David Marston

They are much closer to Stern now in Schaumburg.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

They are much closer to Stern now in Schaumburg.

Ya, but where's that basement in Wheaton?
    Looking forward so much to coming!
    I have a covid rebook plane tkt from early 2020, paid. I have room booked on site. I have the week off.
    Might come few days early to crash American Pinball and JJP.

#42 2 years ago

And CGC.

LTG : )

#43 2 years ago

Ya, but where's that basement in Wheaton?
    Looking forward so much to coming!
    I have a covid rebook plane tkt from early 2020, paid. I have room booked on site. I have the week off.

Just give me a ring. Door is always open to friends.

#44 2 years ago

I wish the show wasn’t directly on top of Halloween. Glad to see it’s returning good for Pinball. I just doubt I can go because its so close to Halloween. Oh well... again congrats for getting this going again.

3 weeks later
    #45 2 years ago

just bought a ticket, guess I'm going this year

#46 2 years ago

Pretty excited
    Know quite a few ppl planning on it this year

#47 2 years ago

looked like the hotel was already fully booked for Wednesday check-in. Had to get Thursday - Friday stay

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Time:

looked like the hotel was already fully booked for Wednesday check-in. Had to get Thursday - Friday stay

Did you talk directly to the hotel or did it go to an off site booking ? Maybe try again on Monday during business hours. And they may have a block saved for Expo attendees.

#49 2 years ago

Looks like Audio Expo North America is the same weekend.
    https://www.axpona.com/

Don’t know much about it, but not surprising to have multiple conventions the same weekend.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Did you talk directly to the hotel or did it go to an off site booking ? Maybe try again on Monday during business hours. And they may have a block saved for Expo attendees.

I first tried going through Marriott elite reservation line since Renaissance is in brand and I wanted to use Bonvoy points. No dice. They said the hotel was unavailable for those dates. I assume Expo has the whole place reserved for their event block. So I clicked through on the event booking site at $145/night and that showed only Thursday 28th & Friday 29th nights are available during the show itself. I couldn't check-in Wednesday or stay Sat night either. If that changes I'll update my reservation.

There are 461 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-expo-2021-new-location- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.