1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,658 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“For those that have attended the Expo Banquet before, what would you change?”

• Nothing 15 votes
      6%
    • Skip the fancy food, make it Burgers and Fries at a cheaper cost. 46 votes
      18%
    • Shorten the event, make it super cheap or free, and have no meal at all. 19 votes
      7%
    • I don't care about the banquet. 176 votes
      69%

(256 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 293 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_46311 (resized).jpg
    43BFFCCA-1 (resized).jpg
    pacak pickers (resized).png
    20181201_153948 (resized).jpg
    20181028_150630 (resized).jpg
    20181028_144801 (resized).jpg
    20181028_143202 (resized).jpg
    SteveRichieRum (resized).jpg
    20181019_184054 (resized).jpg
    20181018_125743 (resized).jpg
    20181020_194155 (resized).jpg
    20181020_231747 (resized).jpg
    20181017_193751 (resized).jpg
    20181020_161621 (resized).jpg
    20181018_180035 (resized).jpg
    20181020_144751 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago

Things I would focus on for next year:

1. Get commitment for lots of good quality games for the free play area and ensure/incentive enough to make sure they stay through Sunday (past few years have been severely lacking in quality aside form the 2-3 main groups/people that bring lots of high quality stuff and sounds like you have lost many of them already).

2. Fix the website

3. Make a reasonable one time fee for the whole show. Your current competition is $40-60 bucks for a whole experience of games/seminars/meeting people.

4. Make the show welcoming to all and ensure you proactively try and get some of the recently absent vendors back in the show. If you can do this than others will follow.

5. Ensure you have at least one big announcement if not more as people like this sort of thing.

6. Figure out a way to Get Pinball Olympics stuff at your show

7. Partner with PBLife to work together and support them/their efforts. Without them many people would not go to Expo.

1 month later
    #38 1 year ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I noticed the website got a reboot finally! Pinballexpo.net
    Looks like it is ON for October 17-20

appears no more overnight game room

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yeah, but 2:00 AM ain't bad.

very true and better than nothing. I just know a few guys that went for the fun factor of playing all night.

Lets be honest, all that really matters is IF expo can figure out how to become modern age to give paying customers what they want while also enticing the collectors to bring in the good quality and diverse selection of games (since that is a big part of what the community wants).

Given the potential profitablity and the sheer number of growing and great pinball shows, I hope we start to see even better incentives for bringing games, keeping them running, and keeping them on the floor for specific times.

#72 1 year ago

I saw that Rob Anthony will be at Expo this year. That is a great sign!

3 months later
    #190 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

It would be really nice if the new organizer would get to the bottom of this Brawl thing. Come on man...this is your show now. I can't believe your response was for Eric to contact the guy that ran it in the past. That's really not how running a show is supposed to work. You guys are advertising a ton of non-pinball related tournaments at PINBALL EXPO, yet can't tell us if one of the main PINBALL events is happening? I'm trying to keep an open mind about this years show, but having this lack of response about the main reason my group is planning to attend is not helping.

I opted out from attending this year merely due to the kack of communication and uncertainty of it all. Ill sit out a year and let them figure things out.

#193 10 months ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

poor choice. Support is needed to sustain and grow. Plus, Its things like this that is complete opposite of what you normally say. You are close enough to go and add to the freeplay hall. So if you skip a show in your backyard, you have to stay out of all the other conversations on pinside about it taking locals to
    make a show good, lol
    Just really sucks when you hear people that are close to a show not get involved. Im a lot farther away and trying to see what all I can dig up to put in the show. Im even considering bringing a machine that would be stupid for me to let people beat on, but fuck it, A show cant be good if people whine and done participate

I fully agree tha people need to support shows, but this is a two way street and it is just too late in the game w so little communication, organization, or info. My pto is far too Valuable to me and I already had one vacation completely fubar this year.
    Not gonna take the chance on a second one. Wife and I are going to go do something else for a fall vacation. If things go well then ill support in future years.

Worth note that I put lots of effort into my actual local shows, MGC and Mad Rollin Pinball.

Chicago is not really my local show. Drivable, but far from what I would consider local.

#237 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

You realize it's a little creepy that you are not only keeping track of his trips, but actually took the time to google the routes, right? You need to play more pinball dude!

spot on! creeper level 100!

#274 10 months ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

dont try to make me look like some obsessed stalker. i wasnt the only member who didnt care for whysnows use of travel distance as an excuse.
    nobody needs to keep track of his trips. as flynnibus pointed out, whysnow makes no secret about his whereabouts.
    what was being pointed out was his hypocracy. his trip to allentown only serves as an ends to a means to illustrate this often repeated character trait of his. he argues an unwillingness to travel to expo because it is not one of his local shows, yet evidence exists that given the right set of circumstances he his willing to travel considerably further.
    that is hypocritical.

googling the distances was necessary to show/determine the extent of his hypocracy. allentown being nearly seven times further than expo is rather extreme.

you are incapable of even following the simplest conversations. I will ELI5 for you to see if it helps... Troy was giving me a hard time for not supporting my local show, as I often do to others that complain about a show but dont put in effort to make it better. Expo is not my local show! I support 2 local shows. The first I have spearheaded and helped run for the past 8 years; Mad Rollin is the largest charity pinball event in the midwest, has been for the past 5 years and is also the largest competitive pinball event in WI most years. The second is MGC which I volunteer lots of time, bring games, and often do other things to help behind the scenes. MGC is the largest show in the midwest, continues to grow, and is spearheaded by a great group of people. I support pinball and and my local shows plenty.

Allentown was a vacation, much like TPF is often a vacation.

Take your dumbass argument solidified in false attempts at logic elsewhere you creepy stalker.

Back on topic, good luck to Expo and it seems things are all moving in the right direction. This year will undoubtedly be a bit shaky but I think it is going to rise from the ashes just based on all the support of people like Rob, Troy, game bringers, etc...

#282 10 months ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

Regardless though, I think that any fan of pinball, Hilton or others, should want to see this show succeed, and to do that, it will take all of us to support (admission fees) and/or bringing games.

trust me, I want to see it succeed!
    I think it is all moving in the right direction but on a personal level I needed to make a decision on what to do for a fall vacation due to wife PTO stipulations for work. At that time, there was so much turmoil for this show (still is unfortunately) and lack of concrete info, that the decision to plan a real vacation in place of expo is what can easy. I will really miss hanging out with all my friends and razzing with you in person Troy, but this year I needed a sure fire break from stuff.

Have fun yall and glad the people that need to be on board are getting on board. Year 1 of a rebuild will be a lot of work, but with people like you and Rob in support (plus hundreds of others) i know it will end up a success and Expo and return to being a premier midwestern show.

#359 10 months ago
    Quoted from cfh:

We did the repair room and I think we helped a lot more people with repairs then Anthony did. For one we did both EMs and Solid State. we didn’t require anything special. We didn’t ask for extra arm bands, we didn’t ask for free hotel room. We didn’t need special handicap dogs. We didn’t need anybody to help us bring stuff in. We didn’t sell anything out of the repair room. We didn’t try to bend any rules. We just tried to help people.

I dont care what you did or did not do... You start going low with BS like calling out someone that has an assistance dog and you have gone below the line.

The optics last year were not good for whatever you did in your room. You constantly talked shit about Rob, yet your door was closed 9 out of 10 times I walked past and others saw the same thing. You may have been working on games, but all anyone saw was a closed door, you at PBLife party, and games turned away.

Reality is I am sure you guys were working on games, but the perception is all that matters. Now you say some stupid stuff like bagging on Rob and Taro... WTF??? really dude!

2 weeks later
    #644 9 months ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I am 100% in for EXPO. I am looking forward to seeing and meeting many of you at the Stern Factory tour, on the show floor, and the big "Sternapalooza" party on Saturday Night (details about that to come to facebook later today). Also I love to destroy people at pinball, so if you want to lose to a skilled maverick of a pinball player, seek me out and I will take you to school. Don't bother looking me up in the IFPA, I would never let a international tracking system document my skills and blow my cover as one of the greatest players alive. Its strategic.
    See you guys in Chicago. It's gonna be a blast!

blast???

I think you mean "Epic" ???

#649 9 months ago
    Quoted from tbaum:

My wife and I are thinking of coming down from Champaign, but probably only for one day/night. Any suggestions on which evening would be the best?
    Thanks!

I would go Thursday night, arrive at 6pm for vendor and game hall.

See all you can and play all you can till you collapse. Wake up Friday, repeat and then leave.

Best bang for your buck at expo IME

#696 9 months ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Is the guy in the buggy with the dog, you know, the guy who yells at everyone all the time going to be there this year? He was a major drag, man!

that guy is MikePin, aka Mike Pacak (sp?).

Sounds like he is banned but plans to show up. I agree with Eric that his best bet both legally and otherwise are to just stay away.

Interfering with the show is not going to help his court case. Hell even posting here as he is, wont help.

#700 9 months ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

I feel like mike should be able to attend

I agree, he should be able to attend.

However, sounds like there are multiple? lawsuits happening, and if so it is probably best he does not for this year.

#704 9 months ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

But if Mike isn’t there, who will yell at me? It’s not Expo without being yelled at repeatedly.
    Hilton, maybe you can yell at me a bit? Much appreciated.

if I was going I would be happy to

Sadly (cause I will miss all you guys) I wont be there this year.

#767 9 months ago

tell your kids to go back to bed so you can get some sleep

#858 9 months ago
    Quoted from PINTEC:

PINBALL EXPO WILL KICK OFF IN 5 DAYS 4 HOURS AND 29 SECONDS
    [quoted image]

I think u may have eaten the LSD a lottle too early?

#1036 9 months ago

Thx to those posting pics and sharing

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 69.00
    $ 5.00
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 146.66
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside